Promise

Days had passed and Thor and Jane had still not returned. Loki was still disguised as Odin and I myself had used my magic to tamper with my facial features allowing me to move around the palace at ease in the disguise of the king's servant. Although seeing Loki as the king daily was still unsettling my love for him had not changed. With only ourselves and two guards in the throne room, brief adoring glances were passed between us and at night when the rest of the palace slept I would sneak into 'Odin's' chambers. Tonight was yet another example of our secret encounters.

I gently knocked on the large oak doors and fiddled with my hands as I quickly glanced down the marble corridor to make sure I was unseen. Moments later that door opened and I was met by Odin's face. I let out a deep breath and slid into the room. When 'Odin' had shut the door he turned to me and the familiar green glow surrounded his body and soon I was met by the raven haired god of mischief. I smiled as my own golden power surrounded me and allowed my true features to show. I rushed forward and engulfed Loki in my arms. I rested my face against his chest and hummed as he rested his chin on my head.

"How are you my love?" Loki cooed. I smiled and pulled away looking up to his face. I rose onto my tip-toes and gave him a peck on the lips. "I'm much better now" I smiled as I embraced him in yet another hug finally feeling the safety I had craved. Loki gladly accepted my affection but pulled away soon after and placed his hands on my shoulders and looked directly into my eyes. "What is wrong Zeanna?" I frowned trying to mask my true emotions "I, um, n-nothing" I stuttered with a false smile looking down to my hands. Loki tilted my chin up with his slender fingers forcing me to look back into his eyes, all he had to do was raise his eyebrows, I sighed and pulled away from his grasp moving over to his bed and taking a seat. "I'm just very anxious Loki, I still have the same reoccurring nightmares about the umm, well, certain things and every time I see any guards I cower and remember almost everything in so much detail" I looked down at my dress studying my revealed leg that was still covered in various bruises. The abuse had only stopped a week ago. "I've tried so hard to forget Loki but it's all that's on my mind" I looked back up to him a tear rolling down my cheek. The god gave me a saddened look and knelt before me, stretching his hand forward to wipe the tear from my face. He rocked forwards and backwards with his hands clasped in front of him. I looked away, ashamed of what I had become.

"Zeanna" Loki called, I didn't face him, "Zeanna, please look at me" I looked to him, tears now continuously streaming down my face. "I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will never, ever let anyone lay a hand on you ever again, I will protect you Zeanna, even from the monstrosity that I could become" Loki finished trying to offer me a slight smile. I nodded slowly, sniffling and wiping my eyes, I pushed myself of the bed to join him on the floor. He leant towards me and held me in his arms. I buried my face in the crook of my neck whilst he kissed my hair. "I love you Zeanna" Loki finished. "I love you" I breathed. And with that the two of stayed entwined on the floor of his chambers until the early hours of the morning. No words were spoken and no extravagant movements were made, just I, Loki and the solitude of night were present. "I promise it will all be okay" Loki hushed. "I promise with all my heart".