Trust

As we continued through the ship wrecks, Loki effortlessly piloted the ship. I was brought from my daze as Thor's voice broke the eerie silence. "Jane" he said as the Midgardian awoke before us. She looked at us briefly, she now had demon like black eyes and ignored Thor before leaning forward at the front of the ship leading all of our gaze's towards an oncoming vessel ten times the size of the one we rode in earlier that day. "Malekith" Jane stated asking my unsaid question. Thor went beside Jane leaving a slight privacy for Loki and myself. "Zeanna, what is about to happen is not going to be easy" I nodded peeling my eyes away from the enemy vessel and into Loki's blue ones. "I need you to trust me and not question my actions, do you understand?" Loki asked as he continued to drive forward. I nodded silently, afraid of what was to come before turning watching Jane and Thor. "It's going to be okay, I promise" I looked to Loki again with tears pricking my eyes I nodded before leaning my head against is chest. "Just remember your powers, I know you can use them" Loki soothed as he brought the boat to a stop. I pulled away from him as the four of us left the ship.

I followed Loki, Thor and Jane and crouched as they did, watching the Dark Elves, that I had only learned about moments before. I hadn't been told much but all I knew was Jane had some strong entity power, known as the Aether, coursing through her veins. The Dark Elves leader, Malekith, wanted it for himself.
As Jane was dying from the thing that was inside her Thor had hatched a plan to get Malekith to remove the Aether from her body and kill the Elf in the process. It sounded insane...

The Dark Elves left the ship and began marching towards us. The same beast from the dungeon was also present and made my breath hitch. "Alright you ready?" Thor asked as Jane and I nodded. "I am" Loki answered chillingly. Something was odd. Loki and Thor stood.

"You know this plan of yours is going to get us killed" Loki reminded Thor as the two of them stared down towards Malekith. "Yes possibly" Thor replied. Loki turned to Thor and held his wrists out indicating that he wished to be released. "You still don't trust me brother!" Loki declared as Thor looked to his wrists uneasily. "Would you?" Thor answered with a slight smile before releasing Loki from his handcuffs. As soon as Loki was free he spun around and placed one hand behind my head and the other snaked around my waist. He lifted me to my feet and took a slight pause to see if I retaliated. Suddenly Loki's lips were on mine. He kissed so passionately yet forcefully and I couldn't help but grip on to his leather collars to support me from the severity of his kiss. His lips were soft yet dominant and when he pulled away he left me craving for more. He pulled me tight to his chest before kissing my forehead and whispering into my ear "I love you".

Before I could respond Loki spun around before replying to his brother's previous question. "No I wouldn't" he smirked as he pulled a dagger from beneath his belt and stabbed Thor in the gut and pushed him down the mound we all stood on. "Thor!!" Jane screamed as Loki jumped down after him dagger still in hand "No!" I breathed completely heartbroken by Loki's betrayal.
I was desperately trying to cling on to the kiss we had just shared and our discussion before we left the ship. Jane and I began to skid, slide and jog down the hill to catch up with the two brothers as Thor landed in a heap at the bottom of the hill and with Malekith watching intently. "You really think I cared about Frigga?" I heard Loki shout to Thor. No, this can't be happening, this wasn't Loki. "About any of you? About Zeanna?" Loki shouted as he kicked Thor in the face. I stopped as Jane and I reached the bottom where the men fought, he lied. He lied about everything. He's shattered my already injured heart into a million pieces. Malekith was fast approaching and trying to desperately cling to the little dignity I still had intact I put my hand out and pulled Jane behind me in a mere attempt to protect her. I wasn't strong but I had my magic. "All I ever wanted was you and Odin dead at my feet!" Loki continued as I watched Thor look between myself, Jane and his hammer. Thor rose his hand and called for his Mjölnir but before it reached him Loki gripped his hand and with one fast slice cut it from Thor's body.

Thor screamed out in pain as his hammer flew past him and landed in the distance. Jane pushed past me and ran to Thor's side, I hesitantly joined her crouching besides her attempting to pull her away as I looked to Loki with tears streaming down my face. How could he do this, after everything I've been through, we've been through. Thor was gripping his hand to his chest as Loki looked down at us with gritted teeth, before I could even attempt to stop him Loki bent down and picked Jane up in his free hand. "Malekith!" Loki demanded walking forward with Jane thrashing in his grip. "I am Loki of Jotunheim, and I bring you a gift." With that Loki threw Jane towards Malekith's feet. "NO!!" I screamed rising to my feet, still not truly understanding the severity of what would happen if the Dark Elves got their hands on Jane. Loki looked to me with a stern face before looking back to Malekith and the Algrim. "I ask only one thing in return, a good seat from which to watch Asgard burn" Loki bargained. Although utterly frightened, I wiped the tears from my eyes and stood up away from Thor's side and I pulled my hands to my waist ready to use my powers at any given moment, remembering desperately at what Loki had told me about trust and promises. The man told me he loved me for fuck sake! The Kurse beside Malekith spoke in his own language telling the elf his opinion. Loki watched as Malekith walked up to Thor. "Look at me" the elf demanded before kicking Thor onto his back. Thor grunted in pain as I continued to hold my hands at my hips, I wasn't taking any chances.

Still looking at Thor, Malekith rose Jane into the air "No!!" I shouted throwing a pleading look to Loki as I rose my fists in balls of my golden magic. Before I could even reach the Dark Elf I was thrown backwards onto the rocky ground by his ever growing power. I looked to Loki and could have sworn I saw him grimace. "Another pathetic witch" Malekith seethed obviously referring to Frigga before returning his attention to Jane. As Jane hovered before us all the red glow I'd seen upon her skin began to seep from her body. I watched in astonishment as Thor continued to struggle on the floor. What could I do? Thor began to rise to his feet as the ritual continued, it wasn't long until the red mist was completely gone from Jane's being and Malekith threw her to the ground.

"Loki! Now!" Thor bellowed and to my surprise Loki threw his hand forward and with his green power radiating from his fist Thor's 'stump' returned to his former healthy hand as his hammer flew into his grip. I rushed forward to Jane and covered her with my body only for myself to be covered soon after by Loki. "You didn't truly believe I would betray your trust did you?" The god smirked as I looked up to him with a thankful yet pissed smile plastered on my face. We all cowards as we watched Thor send thousands of volts of electricity through his hammer and into the red 'mist' that had just been removed from Jane's being. A powerful explosion and cloud of red covered the sky above us before everything was silent and the sound of settling dust and Loki's breathing was all that filled my ears. Thor was still standing before us as Jane, now conscious, looked up to me and Loki. But to all of our disbelief that scattered shards of the red power began to rise before absorbing it's self into Malekith's body. Malekith and the Algrim looked to us one last time before marching of towards their vessel. The elf's soldiers were all that remained and they were heading straight for us. This alt to be fun.