On The Clock

The following morning myself and Loki were awoken to heavy knocking on our room door. "Be ready in five minutes" a voice shouted as I gave Loki a questioning look. The two us quickly freshened up and threw on some clothes. Loki put on his clothing from the night before but I dressed in an unworn deep green robe that hugged my curves and framed my chest with a halter neck strap. Still wary of the demanding outside I accompanied my new outfit with a silver breastplate, shin guards and bracelets. I gingerly removed my bandage and let out a sigh of relief when I saw the wound had finally begun to scab over. I licked my finger and lightly dabbed away at the dried blood around my injury.

My hair still hung messily down to my shoulders so I decided a quick finger-comb would suffice. Loki had now exited the bathroom and I looked to him with a blushing smile as he smirked adorningly at my color choice. Loki grabbed my hand and the two of us left our room. We were met by the Grandmasters guards.

The two of us followed behind the men silently and I rose an eyebrow when we were soon accompanied by more guards and Valkyrie. I gave a small smile, she only looked back to me briefly. Soon the three of us arrived at the throne room. I still had no idea what this was all about. The floor was so highly polished that it was creating a crystal reflection of the group we were walking with. It was only in the reflection that I noticed the huge weapons the guards behind us were carrying. I looked to Loki for support but his eyes, along with Valkyrie's were firmly focused in front of us.

I followed his gaze only to be met by the Grandmaster's stern look. I audibly gulped and Loki squeezed my hand supportively. "I'm upset!" The Grandmaster began. I looked at him with confusion, he obviously noticed and began his explanation "I'm very upset" he began again as the platform he was standing on levitated towards us. The three of us stopped before him.

"You know what I like about being upset? The blame" he continued causing me to divert my gaze to my feet. "Right now, that's the mindset that I'm in. And you know who I'm blaming..." Before he could finish Loki dropped my hand and rubbed his together. "Grandmaster, I can..." Before Loki could finish The Grandmaster interjected. "Hey! Don't interrupt me!" He shouted swiftly causing me to step back slightly. My eyes widened as Topaz walked towards him with the staff that I had previously witness gruesomely kill a prisoner.

"Here you go" she deadpanned causing the Grandmaster to look to her in disbelief. "Why are you handing me the melt stick? He was interrupting, that's not a capital violation" the Grandmaster stated to my relief. I looked to Loki nervously, he had the same expression etched on his face as we watched Topaz look to us unamused.

"Where was I? My precious Champion has come up missing and it's all because of that Lord of Thunder. It's all because of him. Your brother" the Grandmaster said looking annoyingly at Loki. I looked between the two men and finally understood what was happening. Thor and Hulk had disappeared. Loki looked uncomfortable as the Grandmaster continued with me and Valkyrie looking at the demigod. "Whatever the story is. Adopted, or complicated. I'm sure there's a big history" Loki rolled his eyes and nodded knowingly, he sighed, the Grandmaster had no idea.

"And your contender...." The Grandmaster pushed pointing his finger at Valkyrie. "My dear friend, if you were to give us 12 hours, we could bring them both back to you. Alive." I nodded as Loki spoke but caught Valkyrie looking at us competitively. "I could do it in two" she sassed. I smiled at her confidence; she was fierce. She caught my look and smirked. "I could do it in one" Loki bargained, I sighed.

"Let's stop there" the Grandmaster began as Valkyrie and Loki stared each other down. "You know what? I woke up this morning thinking about a public execution" my eyes widened. "But for now, I'll settle for this sweet little 'Who's gonna get him first?' ".

I nodded looking between Loki and Valkyrie. "So, uh, you're on the clock" and with that, the Grandmaster waved his hands and the three of us rushed to the doors.