Monster

Thor's grip tightened around his hammer as he collided his Mjölnir with the dark elves' faces. I began to back away as more soldiers marched towards us. With Loki to my side I turned to Jane to see she had now managed to get to her feet. Before I had time to brief any kind of plan with Loki I watched as the Kurse retrieved a grenade looking contraption from his belt and threw it towards the three of us. Loki took in a worried breathe as his eyes widened before he spun towards me and pushed me into Jane, causing the two of us to escape any possible harm as we fell onto the floor. I rolled onto my back before watching an explosion before us. It caused a black hole to form mid-air. I rushed to my feet in an attempt to grab Loki as he tried to run towards us for cover, but even in my haste I was still unable to grab his hand as he began to get sucked towards the unforgiving vortex. He was getting further and further away from me. "LOKI!!!" I screamed summoning my magic to my finger tips and attempting to wrap my power around his body, a stream of golden enchantment came from my hands like a glowing glimmer of hope as it clenched around Loki's slender form. The fear was prominent in his eyes and I couldn't help but shout out in struggle as I leaned back against the black holes strength, attempting with all my might  to keep Loki from vanishing forever. The power from the vortex was beginning to intensify and my feet began to skid along the desert floor. Loki said nothing as his frightened eyes bore straight into mine. The strain across my body was causing tears to flow freely down my face from both pain and desperation. My magic began to falter as the likelihood of Loki disappearing became ever more present. "Please!" I screamed again giving an almighty tug, inching the god away from the jaws of death. Just as I believed all was lost Thor came hurtling through the air, forcing himself and Loki away from the Vortex grenade. I dropped my magic and let out a sigh of relief before turning to check on Jane. Thor and Loki landed nearby and shared a nod before rising to their feet. I rushed to Loki's side before embracing him in a tight hug leaving him slightly shocked before he too held me back just as tight. With no words needing to be shared the four of us turned to watch Malekith begin to enter his ship. Thor spun his hammer before taking of and aiming for the Dark Elf, only to be thrown back and met by the Algrim instead, the fight seemed brutal and kept the God of Thunder occupied as Malekith made his escape.

Jane had scurried behind a large rock as myself and Loki found ourselves surrounded by four of the Dark Elf soldiers. Loki stood tall, his dagger in hand as I cowered beside him. Shit.

The first elf made his attack on Loki by punching his arm to only be sliced across the chest, I watched the other three white ghostly faces peer towards me, as they tried to predict my next move. I threw my magic forward throwing one of the soldiers backwards as Loki challenged another with his fists and dagger. Slicing noises filled the air as various grunts could be heard from myself and Loki as we attempted to defend ourselves. As the only 'free' elf began to attack me with his sword I held my magic before creating a shield and disarming the creature with another powerful blow forward. I rushed to pick up the weapon he had dropped before stabbing it through the elf's chest as it laid on the floor from my previous blow. I gritted my teeth, sickened from my own actions, not having enough time to remorse, I turned to see Loki still fighting three by himself. I stood back and watched the man work before me, he clearly didn't need my help. He effortlessly spun, disarming the elves one by one and slicing at any visible flesh bringing them to their death as if it were a dance, it wasn't long before the final elf was held against him and Loki slit it's throat with no regret. Loki looked to me as he ended the last creature's life. His hair was now messy and swung around his chiselled face and it was clear he thrived from murder and combat, and whether I wished to admit it or not, it was extremely attractive.

Loki gave me a smirk before looking to his brother and noticing the brutality Thor was going through, looking to Jane and then me he nodded before rushing to his brother's aid. I followed suit knowing no more harm would come to Jane as long as she stayed put. As the Algrim pummelled Thor, Loki gripped a large, discarded sword and crept towards the monster, I followed silently in suit and rose my magic to my fists just in case. Before we could be noticed Loki rammed the sword through the Kurse's chest causing it to gurgle in pain. I gave a sigh of relief as I stood back and dropped my magic. It was dead. Or at least I thought it was until I watched its head look at the blade thrusted through its sternum. It slowly struggled to look towards Loki before grunting towards me. Loki followed its gaze before turning back to the Kurse only to be met by its hands on his shoulders. It all happened too fast. The creature pulled Loki forward onto the blade that had protruded through its front. Loki cried out in Pain.

"NOOOO!" I screamed, Thor not too far behind as Loki's grunts and gasps of agony filled the air. The monster pushed Loki of off the blade and onto the ground below. I rushed to his side skidding to my knees and ignoring the stinging pain of the sharp pebbles littering the floor cutting into my legs. I cradled Loki's head in my lap and my hands fretted over the constant bleeding coming from his abdomen. As the beast walked towards the three of us a beeping noise was heard. I looked to the Kurse before hearing Loki. "See you in hell, monster!" Loki breathed, pain evident in his voice. The Algrim looked down to his belt only to realise that Loki had set of one of his grenades. With no time left a red light surrounded the creature before he could throw the weapon towards us, sparks began to engulf the Kurse and in a matter of moments the beast was sucked in a vortex, gone forever. Loki watched through gritted teeth as one hand covered his wound and the other clutched my hand. I gripped back and sobbed as I looked to the man laying before me, he was already darkening and I could tell there wasn't long left. Thor had now managed to make it to our side as Loki began to breathe rapidly. "No!" He shouted as I continued to cry silently.

"No, no, no, no" I muttered as Loki began to turn blue and I cradled him in my arms. "Do something!" I screamed, desperation in my voice as another sob left my body. "Oh you fool you didn't listen!" Thor scolded as tears threatened to fall as he too joined me at Loki's side. "I know....I'm a fool, I'm a fool" Loki strained as he looked to his brother and then back to me tears sliding down the side of his face as he leant forward attempting to stop the pain. "Stay with me, okay?" I asked as I rocked the man I had come to love back and forth. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry.....I'm sorry" Loki replied as he looked into my eyes. I shook my head biting my lip in an attempt to stop the tears. "Shhhh, it's okay..." Thor attempted, trying to calm the both of us. "It's alright" I cooed to Loki as I pressed my forehead to his. "I'll tell father what you did here today" Thor proudly stated a slight comforting smile on his face. I sobbed over Loki knowing his time was coming to an end. "I didn't do it for him" Loki replied looking to his brother and then to me, bringing his hand to my face and cradling it, I leant into his cold palm, continuing to cry. I leant forward and brushed my lips on his before moving a strand of hair from his harmed face. "I love you too" I smiled as the tears continued to stream down my face, acknowledging the unfinished statement from our earlier kiss. Loki gave a large genuine smile before his face contorted and his head began to become heavy in my hands. I shook my head as Loki closed his eyes calling an end to his life. His body was still and lifeless. "Noooo!!" I screamed along with Thor before collapsing my head onto Loki's still chest. He was gone. Jane walked towards us with sadness painted across her face. I continued to sob into Loki's chest as the winds around us picked up blowing my hair around my head and my dress behind me. I continued to sob onto the man I had come to love, to trust and adore and refused to move as Thor rose to his feet and found comfort in Jane.

Hours had passed and the storm had worsened, Thor and Jane had made it apparent that they intended to leave "Lady Zeanna" I looked to Thor from the crossed legged position I had taken beside Loki's body. "We must be leaving now, we beg you to join us" I shook my head in response as another tear rolled down my dirtied cheek. I refused the continuing invitations until Thor and Jane decided to leave me. Knowing they had to stop Malekith and the fact they didn't know me at all I didn't blame them. It was probably what was best for me. I nodded my head to them in goodbyes and continued to sit on my own as I stared at Loki's body. How could they expect me to leave the man that I had relied so heavily on for protection, the man who had saved my life and the man that I had fallen in love with.