Betrayal

We'd decided that it was best if we split up to execute our plan most efficiently. Loki and Thor were teamed together with the hopes of brains and strength being the best strategy in order to secure a suitable ship. I was paired with Valkyrie to prepare the prisoners for Korg's revolution. Bruce was commanded to wait for our signal.

As Thor and Valkyrie prepared themselves with weapons and supplies, I was asked to release Loki from his binds. I hastily complied and freed him from the metal chains. "Are you sure you're going to be alright?" Loki asked grabbing hold of my shoulders and staring deeply into my eyes. I smiled softly. "This whole ordeal has taught me a lot about myself, I've come such a long way from when you first met me and I'm proud of myself. Don't get me wrong there are still memories, there are still flashbacks and pent up anxiety attacks, but I've learnt what I'm truly capable of and I couldn't have done that without your support, encouragement and love" I beamed hugging Loki tight. He placed a hand soothingly on top of my head whilst his free hand snaked around my waist, he leant down to kiss my cheek. "So, in answer to your question, I think I'm going to be okay" I finished before leaning up to kiss him softly, expressing a thousand words in one action.

Loki smiled into the kiss before pulling away. "I love you" he whispered before dropping his hands from my body and following his brother through the now open doors of the apartment. "I love you too" I promised. Valkyrie had ignored the ordeal, but Bruce was looking to me in disbelief. "So, you're the one that made him soft?" he questioned. I smirked "Yeah I guess so."

Valkyrie and I headed down towards the holding cell, the rooms giving me flashbacks to my first days on this forsaken planet. Valkyrie said little to me but knew of my importance to the plan due to my new 'friendship' with Korg. The two of us snuck deep below the palace and into the belly of the arena. We silently and skilfully took out guards that obstructed our path. Valkyrie was a skilled swordswoman and took little effort in slaying a man. However, I on the other hand was a little sloppy. I used my powers in a rush to disarm and shock my victims before snapping their necks. The method left me feeling ill, but I knew what needed to be done.

I had now found out after a brief conversation that the female warrior beside me was actually named Brunnhilde. She was currently placing explosives on the doors of the prison cells. As a red light began to flash the two of us stood back and I placed a protective magical shield in front of us. As the explosion went off rubble hit my defence and Brunnhilde looked at me appreciatively.

Once the smoke had cleared Valkyrie walked forward and collected a discarded gun from the debris. She stepped over the broken doors and waltzed into the prison pressing her electric obedience control releasing all of the prisoners around her of their chips. "I'm looking for Korg" she announced boldly. "Who's asking?" A familiar voice questioned. "I know you're asking, is anyone else asking or is it just you?" Korg asked walking towards Valkyrie. I soon made myself visible and waved shyly at my previous peer. "Myself and The Lord of Thunder send our best" I smirked as Valkyrie threw the rocky man her weapon. "The revolution has begun!" Korg cheered.

Brunnhilde, Bruce and I were all awaiting the signal when an alarm began to sound. "Shit!" Valkyrie breathed before demanding we got lower in our crouched position. Something's wrong. Loki and Thor, something had happened.

Valkyrie quickly signalled me and Bruce to follow her and after a brisk walk we made it to her ship. Valkyrie seated herself in the cockpit while me and Bruce buckled up beside her. Before long the three of us witnessed a brightly coloured yellow and red ship speed past us as an army fired at it from behind. "That must be them!" I exclaimed causing Valkyrie to slam on the throttle and speed after Thor and Loki. Valkyrie made short work of a ship shooting at the duo. "Nice shot!" Bruce exclaimed getting a minimal response from Brunnhilde.

Valkyrie pressed a few buttons before speaking through coms. "Open the door" she commanded, and we soon saw the ship before us lower its entrances. Valkyrie manoeuvred the ship beneath Thor's and Loki's. "I hope the two of you are tougher than you look" she shouted as the roof above us opened. "What? Why!" I asked looking to Bruce in panic before Valkyrie smiled and pressed a button.

Before I could comprehend what was happening mine and Bruce's chairs were ejected from the ship and flung into the air. The two off us hit the ceiling of the red and yellow ship and were forced back down on the floor. The doors where still open however and as Thor, the pilot, took a sharp turn Bruce flung outwards and was left gripping on for his life as he hung from the open door. I skidded towards him and grabbed his free hand before lifting him back into the ship only to be met by Thor's laughter.

"Shouldn't we be shooting back or something?" I shouted clinging on to Bruce as we were thrown around due to impact. I began to desperately look around for Loki whilst Bruce and I walked towards Thor. "Where are the guns on this ship?" Thor asked Valkyrie over the radio. "There aren't any, it's a leisure ship. The Grandmaster uses it for orgies and stuff." Valkyrie replied causing me to quickly release the framework I was clinging too in disgust. "Did she just say the Grandmaster uses it for orgies?" Bruce asked Thor as I repeated my search for Loki.

"Yeah, don't touch anything" Thor dead panned. "Thor where is Loki" I pleaded trying not to distract his flying. "I Ughhhh" before Thor could finished Bruce began to stutter. "No No...". As I followed his gaze I watched as Valkyries ship began to explode. "No!" The three of us shouted in unison before being pleasantly surprised as she landed unharmed on our windscreen. "Get inside!" I pleaded as more shots hit our vessel. "In a minute" she brushed off before letting go and flying backwards onto a following ship. Thor, Bruce and I all watched her in amazement as she jumped from the ship and took on the attacking crafts with nothing but a sword.

"I should probably go and help" Thor breathed handing the wheel to Bruce. "But I don't know how to fly one of these" Bruce whined. "You're a scientist. Use one of your PhDs" Thor replied before walking back. I quickly rushed to Thor's side grabbing his arm, stopping him before he left. "Thor, where is Loki?" I begged. Thor sighed. "I am sorry Lady Zeanna" My heart dropped. "Loki hasn't changed at all; his mischievous ways had planned to cause us all failure. He will not be joining us on our voyage." And with that Thor placed a hand on top of mine and gave me a sad smile.

He moved from my grip and jumped from our moving ship. As Bruce continued to steer us away from danger I sunk to my knees. He'd betrayed us. And this time it wasn't an illusion, it wasn't fake but a real attempt to jeopardise everything. A single tear slid down my cheek. I would never understand the man I had come to love. What on earth had he thought? What did he think would happen? Was he out of his mind?