Yield

I sat watching yet another enactment of Loki's death. It had been four years since Loki had disguised himself as Odin, the ruler of Asgard. I myself had still kept up the façade, and still used my powers to disguise my true identity. After all, regardless of Loki's rule, I was still a fugitive. 'Odin' laid upon a chaise, wearing his bed clothes and eating grapes as he applauded the actors before him. 'Odin' then turned towards myself and gave me a smile before pulling his attention back to the performance. I sighed, rising from my seat on the marble stairs below him. I began to collect used cutlery and empty dishes. Although at first I was more than happy to portray myself as a mere serving girl, as the years went on and Loki's greed for power had grown I could feel myself resenting him more and more every day.

Although I knew that Loki still adored me and loved me desperately, I couldn't help but feel bitter towards his current behaviour. Yes we still saw one another in secret at night, but little was spoken due to his 'duties'. Nothing more had been said about my traumatic experience in the dungeons since the night before 'Odin' had dismissed Thor from the throne. I knew Loki meant well and his egotistic personality had got the better of him but a little attention really couldn't be that much to ask for, could it?

Along with a huge statue of himself, Loki had made other noticeable changes around Asgard. Heimdall had been replaced and labelled as a fugitive of the throne by a cocky looking man that went by the name Skurge. He and Loki had come to an agreement about how the whole 'Thor' problem could be dealt with, and so far it had been fail proof. That's what I thought anyway before I saw the God of Thunder himself standing amongst the audience watching the over dramatized play of Loki's death. I desperately tried to gain Loki's attention by clearing my throat. 'Odin' just shot me a rude glare instead, before looking back to the play. I sighed and shook my head. At least I tried, arrogant bastard.

"I'm sorry about that time I turned you into a frog!" The actor playing Loki stuttered, lying on the floor, pretending to die. "It was a wonderful joke" the actor playing Thor smiled sadly. "It was indeed hilarious" 'Odin' chuckled as he popped another grape into his mouth. I huffed before looking to Thor again, amused by the look of disbelief on his face. "I will tell father what you did here today" Thor's actor cried, causing 'Odin' to whisper the following line before the actor even could. "I didn't do it for him" Loki's actor struggled to say before he 'died'. I rolled my eyes as my 'character' screamed "No!" from centre stage before crying into the floor whilst an angelic choir began to sing a hymn. Odin's character then took the stage and began to explain how Loki's sacrifice saved the nine realms. Trying to contain my laughter as Thor looked on disgustedly was almost painful. Loki was so naive to his presence and continued to lounge as another servant hand fed him grapes until the play finished moments later and the 'king' rose to his feet clapping and praising the actors. "Bravo! Bravo!" He called as I clapped along with the rest of the audience, watching him soak up all the praise and attention. As the crowd began to disperse Thor made eye contact with 'Odin' as the king sipped on the wine I had just handed him. "Father" Thor stated making his presence known. "Oh shit!" 'Odin' cussed under his breath before gripping his wine tightly "My son Thor has returned, greetings my boy" 'Odin' announced causing Thor to walk closer towards us. "That's a very interesting play, what is it called?" Thor asked as he continued walking. "A tragedy of Loki of Asgard, the people wanted to commemorate him" 'Odin' finished causing me to role my eyes yet again.

"And indeed they should... Oh! I like the statue. A lot better looking than when he was alive, a little less weasley, less greasy maybe" Thor continued causing me to snicker, 'Odin' looked to me with a hurt and unamused expression. "Do you know what this is?" Thor questioned as he held up a large mask strapped in chains. "Ooo the skull of Surtur, that's a formidable weapon." 'Odin' exclaimed. Thor held it up. "Do me a favour, lock this away in the vault so it doesn't turn into a giant monster and destroy the whole planet" Thor ordered a guard as he remained eye contact with 'Odin'. The 'king' rose and gave me his wine glass "Thank you dear" 'Odin rushed' as I gave a light curtsey and stood backwards allowing 'Odin' to walk to his son. "Umm, so it's umm, back to Midgard for you now is it?" 'Odin' asked as he awkwardly leant against a pillar awaiting Thor's answer. "Nope!" Thor deadpanned as he flipped his hammer "I've been having this reoccurring dream lately, every night I see Asgard falling to ruins" Thor finished walking towards 'Odin'. I backed up ever so slightly just in case Thor knew what was really going on. "I'm sure it's just a silly dream, signs of an over active imagination" 'Odin' replied. "Possibly, but then I decide to go out there and investigate. And what do I find?" Thor asked. "The nine realms completely in chaos." Thor continued, flipping his hammer. I furrowed my eyebrows at Thor's description of the realms. Loki had promised me that he was dealing with everything appropriately, clearly not. "Enemies of Asgard assembling, plotting our demise all while you, Odin, the protector of those Nine Realms, are sitting here in your bathrobe, eating grapes" I moved closer to 'Odin' preparing myself for the worst as the anger in Thor's voice became ever clearer. "Yes, it is best to respect our neighbors' freedom." 'Odin' stumbled as he looked towards me. "Yes, of course, the freedom to be massacred." Thor answered as he threw his hammer past our heads and brought it back to himself with ease. I swallowed nervously. "Yes, besides I've been rather busy myself." 'Odin' defended. "Watching theatre" Thor corrected. "Board meetings, and security council meetings..." 'Odin' replied playing with his fingers nervously.

"You're really going to make me do it?" Thor asked bewildered. "Do what?" 'Odin' answered immediately. Thor stood beside us and threw the Mjolnir into the distance. I moved slightly from 'Odin's' side as Thor stood behind him. "You know that nothing will stop Mjolnir as it returns to my hand. Not even your face" Thor concluded as he gripped 'Odin's' neck in front of the flying hammer. I took a deep breath. "You've gone quite mad, you... you... you'll be executed for this" 'Odin' expressed in fear as he watched the weapon hurtle towards him whilst the guards surrounded Thor. "Then I'll see you on the other side, brother." Thor seethed. The hammer sped closer to the 'kings' face. "All right, I yield!" Loki shouted as Thor pushed him forward towards me. In this process the familiar green glow surrounded 'Odin's' body and the tricksters true form was seen by all. The crowds that had now surrounded us all gasped in surprise as Loki sheepishly raised his hands and turned to Thor once more, greeting him with a guilty smile.

Moments later Skurge broke through the crowd. "Behold! Thor... Odinson" before he could finish Loki snapped his fingers and turned to him with his index finger raised. "No. You had one job. Just the one" Loki scorned angrily before turning back to his brother. "Where's Odin?" Thor demanded, still unaware of who I truly was. "You just couldn't stay away could you? Everything was fine without you. Asgard was prospering. You've ruined everything. Ask them!" Loki rambled only to be lunged at by Thor, causing the two of them to climb the stairs and argue beside me. "Where's Father? Did you kill him?" Thor bellowed. "You had what you wanted. You had the independence you asked for" Loki loudly replied before he was pinned down against the chaise by Thor's hammer. "Ow, ow, ow, ow, Okay!" Loki expressed, pain written across his face. I sighed and knew it was time to intervene. I placed a hand on Thor's shoulder causing him to turn to me. I dismissed my illusion and heard more gasps from on lookers as my true identity was revealed. Thor's face softened slightly when he saw me and he released his hold on Loki slightly. "Zeanna?" he questioned. I nodded hesitantly before briefly looking to Loki to make sure he was okay. "I know exactly where he is." I replied to Thor's previous question. I looked back to Loki and Thor followed my gaze. "Don't we?" I spoke through gritted teeth, fed up myself of his stupid games. Thor nodded appreciating my involvement before releasing Loki and dragging him towards the bifrost, myself not far behind.