Chains

I awoke in a room with a chain around my neck, hands and feet. What on earth had I done to deserve this punishment I questioningly thought as my eyes flitted around the small cell-like room. I noticed my previous soggy clothes had been changed into a more presentable Greek-styled toga enabling an open view to my plump chest with a slit cruising up high to my waist. This new outfit worried me immensely, especially due to my encounter with the ill minded guards before hand. Thankfully no headache had emerged from the blow to my head although I could tell it was still sensitive. The slightest movement of my hair caused a sting on my scalp. Before I was able to inspect my injuries further a large door opened revealing the men that I had encountered earlier. I flinched and scurried towards the furthest corner in the room. "Shush now princess" the same guard that restrained me early cooed, before him and another guard grabbed the chains that connected to my wrists. "You've got a little meeting with Odin" the other guard sneered as the two of them pulled me forward out of the room, dragging me behind them to which I assumed was the throne room.

I was utterly confused, I had not committed a high profile crime. I had enchanted several pigs in order to have a slight laugh around the city, surely this was not worthy of a visit to the king. I raised my head as we entered a beautifully decorated hall  with guards standing stern either side of me and the white bearded man himself sitting in front of me on his throne. However, a tall, raven haired man stood confidently before Odin. He too was shackled like myself and followed me with his piercing blue eyes. I audibly gulped and bowed my head before the king. "We may begin" Odin bellowed.

With a nod Odin instructed the prisoner beside me to walk. He walked forward and with a clang he pulled is legs together. All was silent in the throne room until a menacing laugh echoed of the walls. The dark haired man looked around as he continued to laugh, his eyes lingering on me slightly. "I really don't see what all the fuss is about" the man stated with a certain assertive tone to his voice.

"Do you not truly feel the gravity to your crimes?" Odin questioned. "Wherever you go there is war, ruin and death" he finished. I continued to look towards the floor as the chained man spoke again. "I went down to Midgard to rule the people of Earth as a benevolent God"  the man smirked. "Just like you" he finished. "We are not Gods, we're born, we live, we die, just as humans do" Odin stated. The man smirked again, nodding sarcastically "Give or take five thousand years" he finished with a smug smile. "All this because Loki desires a throne" Odin commented causing me to look up. That was Loki, I couldn't believe I'd been so stupid to not have put two and two together. "It is my birth right" Loki demanded. "Your birth right was to die!!" Odin roared causing me to jump. "As a child, cast out onto a frozen rock" Loki's jaw clenched. "If I had not taken you in, you would not be here now to hate me." Loki stepped forward talking with a fake tone. "If I am for the axe, then for mercy's sake, just swing it. It's not that I don't love our little talks, it's just ... I don't love them" he said shaking his head slightly.

"Frigga is the only reason you are still alive and you will never see her again. You will spend the rest of your days in the dungeons." Odin concluded, Loki was pulled back slightly buy the guards allowing space for my interrogation. The man look bewildered. "And what of Thor? You'll make that witless oaf king while I rot in chains?" he questioned. Odin had finished with Loki at this point. "Thor must strife to undo the damage you have done. He will bring order to the nine realms and then, yes, he will be king" Odin replied. It was then that I was pulled before the kind. I could feel Loki's eyes burning holes through my head.

"Zeanna, misuse of magic, risk to life and threat to the city." I turned to the guard in disbelief. I stepped forward hissing as the chains caught my sore skin. "This is a lie, I did nothing of the sort, I enchanted some animals to have a silly game" I declared causing a sharp tug to be applied to my chains which pulled me to my knees. Yet again I cried out in pain. "Silence" Odin called, tears slid down my face, who knew what these monstrous guards would do to me. I looked around the hall pleading to anyone who would look at me. It was in that instant that I locked eyes with Loki, I saw sadness and confusion in his eyes. I didn't understand why but I almost saw sympathy. I looked back to Odin almost sobbing. "For misconduct and dangerous use of magic I sentence you to 1000 years." I allowed a sob to rack through body before allowing my chin to rest on my chest in disbelief. What on earth made the elder chant bring me here? There was no justice present at all, I had just been convicted an almost life sentence for something I did not do and the only person to question the guard was myself. I rose to my feet and nodded, still allowing the tears to stream down my face. I looked to Loki once more before I was dragged from the throne room towards the dungeons.