Rulers

I smiled as I thought of mine and Loki's encounter last night whilst I made myself scarce around the throne room, cleaning here and there and occasionally bringing food to 'Odin'. Loki had never asked me to do this and objected quite hastily but I assured him that it was probably the best thing to do in order for us to stay on the low. Later that evening I stood by the throne as 'Odin' twirled his staff beside him. Lost in a world of my own I looked to the decorated ceiling. A guard clearing his throat brought me back to my senses as I watched the Throne room doors open to reveal Thor. I bowed and backed away slightly from the throne allowing Thor and his 'father' speak.

Thor walked forward clad in his armour, his red cape flowing behind him and his famed hammer in hand. He kneeled before Odin and waited for the 'king' to speak, Odin rose and began. "You once said there would never be a wiser king than me, you were wrong. The alignment has brought all the realms together. Every one of them saw you offer your life to save them. What can Asgard offer its new king in return?" 'Odin' finished, I looked to over towards him, confused by Loki's motives to make Thor king. Thor was quite for a moment before looking back to his 'father'. "My life" Thor answered simply whilst rising to his feet. "Father, I cannot be ming of Asgard, I will protect Asgard and all the realms with my last and every breath, but I cannot do so from that chair" Thor continued "Loki, for his grave imbalance, understood rule as I know I never will. The brutality, the sacrifice... It changes you. I'd rather be a good man than a great king." Thor finished and 'Odin' looked down and then back at his son.

"Is this my son I hear, or the woman he loves?" The 'king' asked. "When you speak, do I never hear mother's voice?" Thor questioned with a slight smile. Odin sighed sadly. "This is not for Jane, father. She does not know what I came here to say. Now forbid me to see her, or say she can rule at my side. It changes nothing." Thor continued as 'Odin' took a seat whilst keeping his staff standing. "One son who wanted the throne too much, another who will not take it. Is this my legacy?" 'Odin' asked. "Loki died with honor, I shall try to live the same, is that not legacy enough?" Thor answered causing me to smile. Odin nodded as Thor offered his hammer back to his 'Father'. "It belongs to you, if you are worthy of it" Odin replied. "I shall try to be" Thor answered. "I cannot give you my blessing, nor can I wish you good fortune." Odin began. "I know" Thor answered sadly as he turned to walk away before stopping and turning back around at 'Odin's' voice.

"If I were proud of the man my son had become, I could not say. It would speak only from my heart." I smiled at Loki's choice of words. "Go, my son." Thor smiled. "Thank you father". And with that the God of Thunder turned and left the throne room, taking the guards with him and leaving myself and Loki in silence. A green glow began to engulf Loki and as I stood back I watched Loki reveal his true form. "No, thank you" Loki smirked looking into the distance as Thor left.

I walked towards him as a golden glow surrounded my body, transforming me back into myself. I took a seat on his lap and kissed his cheek. "Do you realize, that you just gave better parenting skills than Odin himself" I stated as I hung my arms around his neck. Loki chuckled and gave me a mischievous smirk before leaning forward and kissing me passionately. We pulled apart and Loki rested his forehead on mine. "I told you it would be okay. We're now the rulers of Asgard" Loki grinned evilly, causing me to shake my head and giggle in disbelief just as he pulled me in for another kiss. Maybe it will all be okay, maybe Loki was right, who knows were fate will take us, but all I know for sure is that Loki will be by my side every step of the way.