Sons

Loki gave me a smirk causing me to roll my eyes and remove myself from his body. I dusted down my Midgardian clothing and as Loki stood by my side we watched as Thor began to walk towards a figure standing in the distance. The grass around us became apparent to be a cliff side and before it rolled the angry sea. "Father?" Thor spoke as he briefly followed Odin's gaze to the waters ahead. "Look at this place. It's beautiful" Odin replied as myself and Loki walked to their side. "Father, it's us" Thor announced as Loki came to a stop and lowered his head at Odin's side. I sensed the sadness that surrounded us and took Loki's hand lovingly in mine as I stared out at the depths beyond. "My Sons" Odin spoke causing Loki to look to him with slight surprise. I squeezed his hand understanding that this small glimpse of acceptance is all his ever wanted. "I've been waiting for you" Odin continued. "I know. We've come to take you home" Thor replied as I turned to look at Odin.

"Home, yes. Your mother, she calls me" Odin said turning to Loki, briefly looking at me then back to Loki. "Do you hear it?" He asked us before myself, Odin and Loki looked back to the sea. "Loki, lift your magic" I looked down as Loki shook his head sadly, his lips parted as if he were going to apologise to Thor's command. Odin chuckled as he looked down and back out to sea again. "Took me quite a while to break free from your spell. Frigga would have been proud" Odin spoke truthfully as he looked to his adopted son. I smiled a small smile that Odin returned as he turned away from the three of us. Loki looked to me saddened as he realised the years he may have taken from Odin. "This wasn't you" I whispered trying to comfort him.

"Come and sit with me. I don't have much time" Odin stated as he settled onto a nearby rock. Loki and Thor sat either side of their father as I stood close by, this only received a frown from Odin so I too took a seat on the rock beside Loki. "I know that we failed you. But we can make this right" Thor began as he comforted his father. "I failed you. It is upon us. Ragnarok" I furrowed my eyebrows, I knew this 'story' and I knew that Surtur needed to be killed to prevent it, and if my memory served me correctly Thor had done just that. "No, I've stopped Ragnarok. I put an end to Surtur" Thor replied, concluding my thoughts. "No" Odin began shaking his head. "It has already begun, she is coming. My life was all that held her back. But my time has come" Thor looked to his brother as I watched Loki return a very confused look. "I cannot keep her away any longer" Odin continued. "Father, who are you talking about?" Thor questioned.

"Goddess of Death. Hela. My firstborn. Your sister" Odin answered causing the three of us to look to each other in shock. "Your what?" Thor breathed as he looked to Loki who only furrowed his brows. "Her violent appetites grew beyond my control. I couldn't stop her, so I imprisoned her. Locked her away" Thor continued to look confused as Loki slowly took my hand and continued listening intently. "She draws her strength from Asgard... And once she gets there her powers will be limitless" Odin concluded. I looked down frightened to think of what this could all mean. "Whatever she is, we can stop her together. We can face her together" Thor stumbled before Odin cut him off. "No, we won't. I'm on a different path now. This you must face alone" Odin finished causing Thor to look away, lost.

"I love you, my sons." Odin stated causing Loki to look to him heartbroken. "Look at that, Remember this place. Home" Odin said finally as the four of us looked at the beautiful view before us. As we were distracted an amber hue surrounded Odin as he faded into thousands of little lights. We all stood as we watched the ashes of Odin rise into the sky. The brothers stood solemn as they stood apart, I once again took Loki's hand in mine and tried to offer him a little comfort. Thor's sadness and anger became apparent as the winds around us picked up and thunder above began to roar. "Brother" Loki almost begged pulling away from my hand and standing protectively in front of me as electricity pricked at Thor's fingers. "This was your doing" Thor growled beginning to threaten his brother. Loki began breathing heavily turning himself towards Thor. Before the brothers could begin to quarrel a portal began to form behind us. Thor looked to his brother once more before the three us began to walk forward. Petrified as usual I followed behind like a coward. Loki's green power surrounded us both returning us back into our Asgardian attire. He was in his usual black and green leather whilst I and been dressed in my normal robes with the addition of armour, much to my approval. Thor had smashed his umbrella into the floor revealing his usual armour and hammer after a large flash of lightning had surrounded him. As thunder continued to rumble we all awaited the being that was to walk through the portal at any moment.