Illusion

As I sat glumly on the floor of my new prison I listened to Thor. He was on the 'other side' of the circle we were kept in but his saddened voice bounced off the walls. "Odin... I bid you take your place in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave shall live forever. Nor shall we mourn but rejoice, for those that have died the glorious death." As Thor's prayer came to an end a familiar voice helped him finish. I looked up from where I was seated on the floor. "Loki!" I gasped as I rushed forward only to be disappointed when I realised the man before me was yet another illusion. I looked away sadly before I resumed my seat on the floor. Thor had now noticed my excitement and had walked towards me, acknowledging Loki before he sat beside me. "Hurt's doesn't it? Being lied to" Loki expressed to his brother. I sighed and moved away, clearly Loki hadn't come to see me. "Being told you're one thing and then learning it's all a fiction" Loki finished before Thor threw a rock at Loki's illusion. "You didn't think I'd really come and see you, did you? This place is disgusting" Loki questioned causing tears to sting my eyes.

Thor continued to throw rocks at the trickery. Loki shrugged with a smirk as mine and Thor's face remained glum. "Does this mean you don't want my help?" Loki asked Thor before he turned to me. His face softened as he moved away from Thor and crouched before me. "Look, I couldn't jeopardize my position with the Grandmaster. It took me time to win his trust. He's a lunatic but he can be amenable. What I'm telling you is, you could join me at the Grandmaster's side. Perhaps, in time, an accident befalls the Grandmaster, and then..." Loki mouthed some words pointing towards myself and Thor about escaping. I continued to cry as Thor threw another rock and the fake image of his brother causing Loki to have an annoyed expression. "You're not seriously thinking of going back, are you?" Loki asked his brother before briefly glancing at me with a questioning look. Thor and I stayed silent.

"Our sister destroyed your hammer like a piece of glass. She's stronger than all of us. She's stronger than you. You don't stand a chance. Do you understand what I'm saying to you?" Loki scoffed as Thor still didn't answer. "Fine, I guess I'll just have to go it alone. Like I've always done. Would you say something" I looked to Loki in disbelief. "Say something!" He shouted. "I'll say something" I spoke through gritted teeth as I rose to my feet. "Here we are rotting in a cell as you once more sit in the life of luxury. Don't you dare pull the empathy card on us when we're the ones that have to fight to the death tomorrow." Loki stayed silent. "How could you... How dare... I just cannot believe how much you have changed Loki, I weep continuously as my fate gets written by those around me. Do you not remember the hardships I have faced, the nightmares that continue to haunt me? You say you love me Loki but where is the proof. All I want is for you to care!" I cried as more tears streamed down my face. Loki stood stunned as I turned away. Thor began to speak. "What would you like us to say? You faked your own death... You stole the throne, stripped Odin of his power, and stranded him on Earth to die, releasing the Goddess of Death. Have I said enough or would you like me to go back further than the past two days?" Thor retaliated.

I looked back to Loki, guilt riddled his face. "You know, I haven't seen this beloved champion he talks of but I've heard he is astonishingly savage. I've placed a large wager against you tomorrow. Don't let me down." Loki finished before he turned to me. "You are smart Zeanna, remember your powers" Loki concluded before Thor Threw a bottle harshly toward Loki's illusion. It smashed to pieces as Loki disappeared through the cell wall. Korg came rushing forward lifting his leg and kicking the wall where Loki had stood. "Piss off, ghost!" He shouted causing me to shake my head. Miek ran up to my side. "He's freaking gone" Korg concluded to a sad Miek. I wiped the tears from my eyes and tucked my hair behind my ears. I didn't understand why he was acting the way he was but with no hope currently coming from Loki, I had to face this alone.