Mine

After mine and Loki's confessions the days seemed to pass ever so quickly. My content and laughter radiated from my body and filled the dungeon and it was all because of Loki. The guards hadn't returned to my cell and Cadoc and Dakarai were barely ever seen and when they were they briefly and warily passed between mine and Loki's cell. I sat cross legged on the floor, humming peacefully and watching my golden magic weave between my fingers. Loki laid on his bed with one arm behind his head. He was staring at the ceiling throwing a cup up above him and catching it with his free hand. There was a comfortable silence between us and I gave a slight smile, watching the man before me.

A noise, almost comparable to an electronic pulse, filled the prison and men in a nearby cell began to cry and call for help. The noise caused Loki to catch the cup in his hand and freeze. I looked up at the sudden disturbance and listened to the not so distant shouts of the criminals locked up around me. The harsh white lights dimmed slightly before returning to their normal brightness. I looked to Loki with fear prominent in my eyes, he placed the cup he was playing with onto the floor and slowly rose to a sitting position looking to me briefly to show a sign of his protection. A small explosion and cloud of smoke filled the cell and the commotion coming from the men was silenced. An animal like screech filled my ears and I quickly backed up into the corner of my cell to terrified to look for the source of the noise. The screeches continued and loud bangs shook the prison as a red glow illuminated the compromised cell. A final roar caused two of the many guards that had mistreated me to go running towards the direction of the chaos. The screams of a man continued to make me cower in the corner of my cell, I didn't even have the bravery to look to Loki.

A loud smash ended the man's screaming and heavy footsteps concluded the monster was out of his cell. Metal slashing on the guard's armour was only briefly heard before gasping breathes filled the dungeon, followed but a deafening silence. I can't say the death of a couple of my abusers saddened me but the thought of their souls leaving their body horrified me. The hefty footsteps began to pace towards mine and Loki's cells, collapsing force fields began to enlighten me on the monster's plan. If he was letting prisoners free he was surely hoping to begin an overthrow of Asgard. I opened my eyes watching both guards and criminals run wild between mine and Loki's cell. I continued to sit in the corner of my cell, my knees were pulled tight to my chest. Loki stood at the front of his cell, watching the bedlam unroll before us.

Before I was able to make eye contact with him a hideous creature obscured my view. The being tilted his head to the side smirking. I shuddered, tears falling hastily down my cheeks as the Algrim rose its fist at the keypad to enter my cell. I flinched only to be met by nothing. I reopened my eyes to see the Kurse turn towards Loki's cell. Thankfully Loki had caught his attention and the god was now standing tall, with his hands clenched by his side as he copied the monster's stride. The being stopped just before Loki with its fist raised, I watched intently as Loki looked down at the immortal, a dangerous smirk playing at his lips. An unspoken threat was being aimed towards the creature and it created a heavy tension. The being looked away grunting before backing down and looking to me and lowering its arm.

"She's mine" Loki growled intimidating the Algrim and causing butterflies to fill my body. The Kurse stepped down and glanced towards me one last time before walking towards the continued fighting. "You might want to take the stairs to the left" Loki snarled following the creature with a hateful glare. The Algrim turned slightly attempting to match Loki's stare before looking down in defeat and walking away.

My body trembled as I rose to my feet, rushing over to my force field and watching the battle begin to disappear up towards the palace, I turned to Loki who was still staring towards the position of the Kurse. "Thank you" I stated quietly looking down and allowing my hair to fall over my face. "You're more than welcome my darling" Loki replied pulling his gaze from the fight to my eyes. "It's not as if I had to lie" he smiled. I craved his embrace and I desperately wanted him to subdue the nervous wreck that I had become. Maybe soon my wishes would be answered but what would be the cost?