Grandmaster

A mechanical noise awoke me. I went to lift my hands to brush the hair from my face but it was only then that I realised they were restrained. I tried to kick out only to conclude that my feet had also been tied down. I began to panic again as I tried to figure out my surroundings. I was seated on a moving chair and machinery was displayed around me. I continued to struggle as another tear slid down my face. My fear of restraints had definitely not been diminished and my current situation was causing yet another panic attack. "Fear not for you are found" a female announcer spoke loudly as the chair I was seated in began to move slightly faster. I held my breath awaiting further words. "You are home, and there is no going back" I inhaled sharply as the words the announcer was saying sounded more and more as if I were to be prisoner. I attempted to try and break from the metal that held me to the seat but had little effect. I threw my head back in despair as more tears slid down my face.

"No one leaves this place" the lights behind me began to switch off as I was confronted with a dark pathway with shining stars littering the images before me. I struggled once more and continued to cry as the thought of never leaving this strange world haunted me. "But what is this place?" The female voice spoke calmly. "The answer is Sakaar" the chair began to move faster as the voice stopped and the darkness around me transformed into a galaxy. My tears had lessened but I felt this was only due to my confusion as sweeping music began to play. "Surrounded by cosmic gateways Sakaar lives on the edge of the known and the unknown. It is the collection point for all lost and unloved things...like you" the voice continued as the chair flew forward and the images before me swirled with colour. My tears began to flow freely again as I listened to the voices words and thought of Loki.

"But here on Sakaar, you are significant. You are valuable. Here you are loved" the voice continued as I hurtled towards a planet, I flinched as I prepared to hit the object only to be surprised as I travelled through it effortlessly. "And no one loves you more that the Grandmaster."

A large male figure became part of the hologram and I sobbed harder as the thought of another powerful man having me prisoner filled my conscience. "He is the original, the first lost and the first found, the creator of Sakaar and father of the contest of champions" the female voice continued to explain as images of staged fights filled my vison. I shook my head and closed my eyes, trying desperately to hope this was all a dream and I was still on Asgard with Loki, instead of heading towards my doom. "Where once you were nothing, now you are something."

The images faded and the music dimmed. I opened my eyes as the chair began to speed forward. "You are now the property of the Grandmaster. Congratulations! You will meet the Grandmaster in 5 seconds" the voice continued unfazed as flashing colours haunted me. "No!!" I screamed unable to bear the thought of being claimed as someone's property. "No, no!" I sobbed as the chair rushed forward. "Prepare yourself. Prepare yourself" the voice ordered as flashes plagued my mind. "You are now meeting the Grandmaster" the voice finished. "NOOOOOO!!!" I screamed unable to help myself as tears cascaded down my cheeks. The lights around me vanished and my screaming stopped as I released I was now in a room surrounded by guards. I was still restrained on the chair and as I looked around in a panicked state I saw that Thor was also beside me, strapped to a similar chair. He looked to me confused before we brought our attention to the man before us.

He had short silver hair and was dressed in red robes. His face seemed kind enough and was decorated with blue paint. Tears still fell from my cheeks and the man before us could easily see this. "Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm" the man hummed "He's wonderful, it is a he?" The man questioned, clearly about Thor, to the woman who stood at his side, I noticed it was the same lady who had brought us to this place. "It is a he" she confirmed before the man looked to me. "And look at this sweetheart. Dry your
tears" the man cooed with a condescending smile. I looked down and tried to stop myself from appearing to be such a mess. "I love when you come to visit, 142. You bring me the best stuff" the man said to the woman I recognised from earlier. "Whenever we get to talking, Topaz, about Scrapper 142 what do I always say? She is the.... And it starts with a B..." the man asked a larger, firmer looking woman who stood on his other side. "Trash" Topaz answered. "No, not trash. Where you waiting to just call her that? It doesn't start with a B" the man who I now assumed was the Grandmaster said. "Booze hag" Topaz answered again causing 142 to give a sarcastic smile.

"Uh, I'm so sorry. No, best. I was thinking about best. Because I always say you're the best" the Grandmaster stuttered as I attempted to shuffle from my binds. "She brought me my beloved champion, you know." The Grandmaster continued to chat. "You say that every time she's here" Topaz grumbled. "What have you brought today, tell me" The Grandmaster asked 142 quickly moving forward. "Some contenders" She answered causing me to look to them quickly.
"A what?" Thor bellowed. "I need to go closer. I want a closer look at these. Can you take us closer? Thank you" the Grandmaster spoke as Topaz pushed him in his chair towards us. I stayed still barely breathing. The man nodded as he looked between Thor and I. "Pay this lady" the grandmaster told Topaz as he pointed to scrapper 142. I still sat in silence another rouge tear sliding down my face.

"Just wait a damn minute. We're not for sale" Thor struggled to say as he strained at his restraints pulling his wrists free from the chair. I flinched at the loud noise before 142 pulled out the same remote from earlier and electrocuted him. I stared down with wide eyes at my own leg realizing that I too still had the disk attached to my skin. Thor groaned as the Grandmaster chuckled. "Man, he's a fighter" the Grandmaster confirmed before he turned to me. "Now what are you?" I looked to him as I sniffed. "A fighter?" The Grandmaster asked, I didn't know how to respond. "I doubt..." Scrapper 142 began to talk before the Grandmaster cut her off. "Uh, uh, uh. I'll let her choose as I'm feeling nice..." I gulped awaiting my options. "You can stay here with me and we can have some fun" the grandmaster winked as he looked over to a group of barely dressed women. I shuddered as I followed his gaze, memories of my times in the dungeon relapsed my mind. "Or.... You can be a fighter, you don't look like you can do much but there's a few women down there that might like an easy win" I swallowed as I turned to Thor or was still recovering from his last electrocution.

Do I become the man's sex slave, or do I try to fight? I looked back to the scarcely dressed women, they weren't happy, and I knew that the panic attacks and recollections of my past experiences would ruin me. I had my magic and although I hadn't used it recently I'd studied Loki's tricks. I looked to The Grandmaster. "Well?" He questioned. "A fighter" I choked, my voice hoarse from crying. Thor looked to me with shock as the women at the Grandmasters side shook their heads. "Very well my sweet." The grandmaster smiled before Scrapper 142 spoke up. "I'll take 10 million" She confirmed. "Tell her she's dreaming" Topaz responded. "Oh, for heaven's sakes, transfer the units" the Grandmaster commanded as Topaz pressed a button on a wrist device and 142 tapped his cheek and walked off leaving the man smitten.

"You'll pay for this" Thor struggled to say as he pointed to 142 "No, I got paid for this" she replied smugly before looking to me and walking away. The Grandmaster walked towards us and pressed a button causing myself and Thor to sit upright. "Here's what I wanna know. Who are you?" He asked us both. "I am the God of Thunder" Thor shouted as he lifted his arms once more and electricity came from his fingers. "Wow. I didn't hear any thunder but out of you fingers was that sparkles?" The Grandmaster questioned. "And you?" He asked me. "I, I am Zeanna of Asgard" I stuttered. The grandmaster smiled kindly.
I truly didn't think this man meant me harm, well he didn't seem like he would anyway. Topaz walked past us and spoke to the Grandmaster "We've located your cousin" She announced as she held a large stick. "Uh, oh, good!" The Grandmaster replied before the chairs myself and Thor were seated in began to move forward alongside him. "Yeah come on I think you're gonna like this" the grandmaster told us as we pulled up either side of a frail looking alien man in the same type of chair as us.

"There he is. Hey cuz. We almost couldn't find you. What, you been hiding?" The Grandmaster babbled. "Hi" Thor stated only to receive a whimper from the unknown man. I looked to Thor in worry. "So" the Grandmaster began. "Please, I'm sorry" The man whined. "Yeah... Carlo... I pardon you" the grandmaster said. "Oh, thank you, thank you" Carlo sighed. I still watched intently still unsure what this was leading too. "You're officially pardoned from life" the Grandmaster said as he aimed his stick at Carlo's torso. I looked away as the man screamed whilst his skin sizzled and melted. "Help me" the man struggled to say as Thor looked at him with his mouth agape. "Oh my God!" Thor shouted as I still looked away unable to let myself see the state before us. "I'm stepping in it. I'm stepping in it. Look! Wow" the Grandmaster stated. "Oh, the smell."

I heaved as I could see a blue liquid seep across the floor. "What does it smell like?" The Grandmaster asked Topaz. "Burnt toast" she deadpanned causing me to gag whilst the Grandmaster chuckled. "What happened to my manners? I haven't properly introduced myself. Come on. Uh, follow me" he ordered as mine and Thor's chairs moved past the melted Carlos towards another room.