"Mmm can't wait Opal!"

I glance out the window, seeing Knox pull Koa into a bear hug, telling him a few things before Koa hops onto the bus. I stand up and wave him over, "Sit next to me, Koa." I pat the open spot beside me.

He works his way over and sits down beside me, making me bounce up. "Hi!" I smile up at him.

His blue eyes are somewhat red, almost like he had been crying. "Hey." He mumbles out softly, combing his fingers through his hair.

"Are you okay?"

He turns his head away from me, popping his earbuds into his ears. He snatches my bag of homemade trail mix, unzipping the bag and grabbing a handful. I grin and watch him eat.

His eyes wander over to look at me. "Can I help you?"

"No," I wave my hand in front of me, "it's nothing."

"Okay.."

I push my lips together, forming a straight line, glancing up at Koa. "Opal I know you have something to say, so just say it."

"I know I'm probably the last person you want to be around, but, if you ever want to talk or need a friend, I'm always here. I miss being friends with you Koa."

He brushes off my comment, as if I didn't say anything. "You look nice."

"You're not the first one to tell me that today."

"It must be nice getting all those compliments."

He shrugs his broad shoulders, "So I've been told."

Almost an hour of me talking about random stuff and Koa rolling his eyes now and again, a gust of cold wind hits me from the open window beside me. I stand up and try to close the window, failing to do so, the slide buttons won't budge.

Koa sees me struggling, he stands up, pushing his body against mine in order to close the window. "Thanks Koa."

He gives me a slight nod before tapping away at his phone. I reach down to pull something from my bag, the bus hits a bump, making me hit my temple against the metal wall. "Ouch.." I murmur out.

"Oof, that looked like it hurt."

"It did."

He hands me his cold water bottle, "It'll help."

"Thanks." I place the bottle against my temple, "So how's your side doing?"

"Its good."

"Does it feel better?"

He nods.

"Well good, I'm glad."

A few quiet moments pass, I pull a sliced orange out of a lunch box in my bag, holding it up against my lips. "Let's turn that frown of yours upside down."

He gestures to my orange, a soft almost inaudible chuckle spills through his lips. "Your orange is frowning."

I grin and bite into the slice, "Not anymore my friend."