Ch:5 Dinner with the In-laws

Start from the beginning

Milo looked at me stun then petrified. But Lynn and Frank just looked clueless. I started to crack up and they looked at me confused. "You guys need to lighten up. I was joking!" I said causally.

His parents chuckled and the panicky look wiped away from Milo's face. I giggled and said politely "Well it was nice meeting you. I'm gonna wash up before dinner starts."

Milo glared at me and gritted out of his teeth "I'll go show you where the bathroom is."

"Okay but hurry back before dinner starts" Frank said while Lynn set the table.

When we left the Kitchen, Milo pushed me into the bathroom. He slam the door shut and turned around to face me. Oh wow! He really looks as red as a cherry lollipop.

"What the hell were you thinking? Joking around about us being married!" he yelled furiously.

I looked at him nonchalantly and said honestly "You really need to get help for that angry problem of yours."

"I do not have an anger problem! It's just you that brings out my bad side" he shouted.

"Right" I said sarcastically.

He looked like he was about to yell at me again but I changed the subject and asked "So did you get the ring off?"

"No I didn't! The stupid ring is still stuck to my finger" he complained.

"Well did you try using soap?" I asked helpfully.

Milo shook his head no. "Well then what are you waiting for? Try the soap" I said obviously.

He walks over to the sink and turns on the water. Then he grabs the bar of soap but I said "No you're doing it wrong!"

I went over to help him but he said stubbornly "I don't need your help! You got me in so much trouble already."

I rolled my eyes and said "Quit being a baby and just let me help."

I tried to pull the ring off Milo's finger but he pushed me away. I got annoyed so I pushed him back. Water splash on his shirt and on the floor.

He slides on the water and fell down on the floor on top of me. The ring slip off his finger and landed in the toilet. He groans on top of me and I rub my thumping head.

Despite feeling a bit of pain I felt a weird tingling feeling when Milo is on top of me. But I brushed it off and got up from the ground.

"I think the ring fell in" he muttered.

I walk over to the toilet and the ring was indeed inside. I shrugged and flushed the ring.

"Wait... Why are you flushing the rings?" he inquired confused.

"What? You wanted to keep it?" I asked sarcastically.

He shook his head no. "That's what I thought! Plus it's better if we throw away the rings" I said honestly.

He nodded his head and said "Oh! Smart thinking."

I looked at Milo surprise. Did he just complemented me? "You do relies you just called me smart" I said smirking.

He face started to heat up and he lied "No I didn't!"

"Yes you did! And you're blushing too" I said amused.

Milo looked away and tried to cover up his face. "I'm not blushing!" he denied.

"Sure you're not" I said sarcastically.

He was about to say something but Lynn called us down for dinner. I open the door and walk pass Milo. When I enter the kitchen Frank said "Tuesday you can sit at the end of the table between Lilly and Milo."

I nodded my head and sat down. Milo came downstairs and sat next to me bitterly.

"Milo why are you wet?" Lynn asked.

I snickered because his clothes was still wet from when he slip and fell in the bathroom. "Oh I had a little accident in the bathroom" he muttered.

"Okay... well who wants to say grace" she inquired.

"Ooh since Tuesday is the guess why doesn't she say it" Lilly suggested.

"Uh... I don't know" I said unsure.

I'm not really a religious type of person and don't have a clue what to do. "Oh come on! Please Tuesday" Lilly begged.

Milo smirked and said "Yeah Tuesday you should do the honors!"

I roll my eyes at Milo and said "Fine! I'll do it."

Lilly smiled and I cleared my throat. "Dear god we are gather today to thank you for the lovely meal that we're about to eat. Ahem!" I said quickly.

We started to dig in and I was the first one to receive a slice of lasagna. Lynn and Frank were talking among themselves. Milo was quiet which I don't blame him and Lilly was poking my arm.

I turned to face her and asked "What's up Lil?"

She smiles and whispered in my ear "I think my brother has a crush on you."

I looked at her confused and said "That's impossible since he's in love with Cree."

Lilly rolled her eyes when I mention Cree's name. I guess she doesn't like Milo ex too. "I know my brother! And he never looks at Cree the way he looks at you" she said confidently.

Yeah he's looked at me with annoyance, irritation, and frustration. But affection? Yeah right!

"No way! That's crazy" I said honestly.

She smirks and said "See for yourself! He's looking at you right now."

I quickly turned to see if Milo was staring at me and he actually was! But when I caught him looking at me he turned away. Milo couldn't like me! He's still in love with Cree or maybe not?