53

Daniel's pov

We were still in the hospital, sitting on the stools in front of my dad's room. I mean me, my mom and Jonah. Anna freaked out and started uncontrollably crying so Jonah's mom decided to take her somewhere and try to calm her down.

My dad still haven't woken up. It's been hours since we came here and still nothing. My mom is so stressed. I'm trying so hard to calm her down at least a little bit, but she's just crying and keeps saying that she's so afraid that some complications will cause that my dad's gonna actually pass away.

"Mom..don't be so negative." I said with a shaking voice and put my arm around her shoulders. "He is the strongest person I know..just like you..he won't give up that easily..he's gonna fight..cause he's a fighter." I added and looked at Jonah. We smiled at each other weakly. He took my hand and kissed the back of it. These words were the ones Jonah told me to calm me down a few hours ago when I was actually feeling so down. Now it's a little bit better.

"Daniel...Jonah." my mom spoke up lightly crying and me and Jonah looked at her. "I..I have to tell you guys..something."

I was scared. Really scared. What does she want to say now? I can't even imagine. Now that bad feeling is coming back slowly.

"I talked..to the doctors and they..they said that he got a stroke too." she said crying even harder and this information shocked both me and Jonah. Oh my fucking god I...can't believe my ears. "He can leave at any time soon."

I looked at Jonah with a shocked look on my face. He was just staring back at me and had no words. Exactly like me. I looked in front of me on the floor. Then I hid my face into my hands.

I'm gonna lose my dad..forever.

Jonah's pov

This is crazy..unbelievable..unreal. Daniel's gonna lose his dad..oh my god.

His mom was crying lightly and Daniel..he was just zoned out without any reactions. He didn't know what to do or say. I put my arm around him and placed a kiss on his shoulder then put my chin on it. He turned his head my way and looked me in the eyes. His eyes were teary and red..my eyes started to tear up as well.

"I'm so sorry Dani." I whispered and a single tear escaped from my eye.

"Oh babe." he responded whispering as well and hugged me tightly. He was lightly sobbing into my shoulder.

Suddenly one of the nurses which was in Jeff's room pressed the button on the wall which calls a doctor there. The doctor quickly came and then more and more doctors and nurses started to spread in and out of his room.

Keri stood up and went closer to the window but then they closed the roller blinds on it. She just pressed her forehead against the window and loud sobs escaped from her mouth.

Daniel stood up as well and he was nervously walking up and down in the hallway. I was just watching him. I knew that there's no way at this point that something would help to calm him and his mom down..cause the worst thing can happen right now.

I heard steps coming closer, our way so I looked that way and saw my mom and Anna heading back to us. They got scared cause they saw the rush and us freaking out cause we had no idea what is going on inside that room. We just hoped that the doctors come out of Jeff's room and say that he's awake and everything is gonna be fine with him.

But then when the door finally opened after almost 20 minutes..the worst news have been told us.

Unfortunately Jeffrey didn't make it..he died a few minutes ago.

Everyone literally broke and started to cry. Daniel and Anna were trying to keep their mom from collapsing. My mom hugged me and we were lightly crying as well. This situation reminded me of the day when I lost my father.

My mom and I pulled away and she slowly walked over to Keri and they hugged, crying together. Daniel walked to me and I pulled him into a hug while rubbing his back softly. He was crying into my shoulder so hard. Tears kept streaming down on my cheeks as well.

It was a painful day for all of us.

~three days later~the funeral day~

Daniel's pov

It was like a nightmare..but sadly this is real life. At the funeral Jonah was there by my side through the whole time, holding me back from collapsing. It was so hard to believe that what I see is actually happening and I'm not just dreaming.

We said our last goodbye to him. I will forever keep him in my memory and heart. No matter what happened and what he did..even to me and Jonah...he was still my dad and I loved him..and of course I will always love him. I know he just wanted to protect me even if there was nothing to protect me from but..I know that he was a loving and caring father. I couldn't have asked for a better one than he was.

'I love you dad. I'm so sorry that you had to leave this soon..partly because of me.'