22

Jonah's pov

It was past 10P.M. and I was still trying to figure out the possible message behind those words. It's confusing me..a lot. Ugh it's time to sleep.

I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and set my alarm at 7A.M. cause I wanna enjoy my morning coffee before school. Then I put my phone down and tried to fall asleep.

Daniel's pov

I was laying in my bed and watching the ceiling, hoping that Jonah got what I wanted to say. If not...then I will have to try again. I need to let him know what happened with me...what happened with us...and why am I acting like a fucking asshole.

After some time spent with thinking I slowly fell asleep.

Jonah's pov

I suddenly woke up cause of the loud alarm. That shit! It scared me so much. I quickly grabbed my phone and turned off the alarm. Then I rolled out of the bed while yawning.

When I dressed up, I headed to the bathroom and when I was ready I ran back into my room and grabbed my bag. I walked down the stairs into the hallway and put the bag on the dresser. Then I headed into the kitchen, I turned on the coffee machine and waited. Ugh that smell was so delicious.

After a minute my coffee was ready so I took the cup and sat down to the table enjoying the coffee.

While I was drinking I went on my instagram to check out what's new. There wasn't much of it so I ended up staring at Daniel's post from yesterday. Suddenly I felt a tear rolling down on my cheek. I wiped it away and put my phone down on the table next to my cup of coffee.

I took a deep breath and finished my coffee. Then I walked to the hallway, grabbed my bag and I checked if I have the paper with the lyrics on it. Then I left the house.

Today I decided to not take the bus cause I still had time till my first period, which I'm really excited for cause I can sing my song to Daniel. I'm so curious about his reaction.

Daniel's pov

I was lazy to get out of my bed today. It usually doesn't matter what time it is, I just get up and I'm ready for the day. But today it was different. I honestly don't know why.

I grabbed my phone and checked the time. 7.11A.M.. Ugh okay I have to get up cause I'm gonna be late.

I sat up yawning and rubbed my eyes. Then I slowly stood up, picked up some clothes and walked into the bathroom. When I was ready I got downstairs into the kitchen to grab some snacks.

When I turned around my mom was standing in the door frame watching me.

"Good morning." she said but I was just looking at her. "Ugh Daniel..I know you're mad at me..but...this is not the end. You gonna find someone else..who is ten times better than him." am I fucking dreaming? Please someone tell me that I'm just dreaming..cause she can't be serious about it.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Oh my god...I can't believe my ears...someone who is better than him?.....What did he do to you?!" I yelled at her and she was shocked.

"Don't you know what happened?" she asked calmly.

"But it wasn't him! He's innocent!!" I couldn't help but a single tear escaped from my eye.

"Stop yelling at me Daniel! I'm your mother!" she shouted.

"My mom would never do this to me." I was crying lightly. "I'm not happy and you know it...and you still don't even try." I added and walked pass her.

"Daniel..I-" she wanted to grabbed my arm but I pulled away.

"Leave me alone." I said and left the house.

I hurried and when I was almost in front of the school I saw Jonah walking towards me. Oh my gosh why? I'm honestly so done. Angi was right. I have to do something about this whole thing cause I'm gonna lose my mind.

Before Jonah could reach me I quickly turned left to the building and hurried as much as I could. Then I heard him calling my name.

"Daniel...Daniel please wait." I ignored him and walked into the hallway full of students so it was easy to get lost in the crowd. I walked over to my locker and got some stuff. Then I walked into the classroom, over to my spot next to Jonah who was already sitting there staring at me like usually.

Jonah's pov

When I saw him heading towards me in front of the school I felt a piece of happiness in my heart...but...as soon as he noticed me and started to walk even faster just to get away from me, it turned into sadness. I hurried after him calling his name but when I almost reached him, he walked into the crowded hallway and I lost him.

I just got into the classroom and waited for him. Soon he stepped in and sat down next to me, of course ignoring me again.

I looked at him sadly, then on my phone to check the time. I just can't wait.

'8.00A.M...perfect.' I thought to myself.

And then the teacher stepped into the classroom and we started with the lesson.

"So if I'm right you had to write a song for yesterday." the teacher began. "Or at least a verse of it. Now...who wants to go first? And sing it to us? You can choose between guitar and piano."

I looked around. No one raised his hand. The teacher noticed me looking around.

"Jonah." I almost jumped when he said my name. "Are you looking for something?" he asked.

"No." I responded simply.

"Then come over here and sing the song you wrote."

I was a little bit nervous but I got over it. I took out the paper from my bag, stood up and walked to the piano in the front of the class.

I sat down, took a deep breath and started to play.

🎶You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
I know you want me
So don't keep saying our hands are tied
You claim it's not in the cards
Fate is pulling you miles away
And out of reach from me
But you're here in my heart
So who can stop me if I decide
That you're my destiny?

What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find
It's up to you, and it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
So why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be-🎶

It was so hard to hold my tears back from falling and my voice from breaking but I stopped playing the song when I looked up and saw Daniel rushing out of the classroom. I immediately jumped out of my seat and ran out after him.