18

Jonah's pov

I was really surprised. Why did Mrs. Gren come into the class instead of our music teacher? I looked at Daniel. He seemed to be surprised too. Then the teacher spoke up.

"You might be surprised why am I here. So Mr. Surray had to urgently leave, but he told me to inform you that tomorrow he expects some beautiful songs." she said. Okay so one more day. Great. I was kind of excited for this period and now it's cancelled. Ugh whatever. Also she said that our afternoon classes are cancelled as well. It's an interesting start of the day but I'm definitely not complaining about it.

"Also.." she continued. "I wanna inform you that the graduation ceremony is in two months. The exact date will be decided later. And the last thing I wanna tell you is that in two weeks our school has the chance to organize a trip to New York for five days..just for the seniors. However, this trip has one good and one bad news. The good one is, that you have to pay just for a part of it. That's because the rest of the money will be paid from the price we won last year in the art competition. And the bad news is that this trip is limited...only 10 people can go from each class. That's because of the money I just mentioned. It's not enough for everyone." oh wow, I would love to go to New York. I've never been there. I looked over at Corbyn and he mouthed a 'let's go there'. I looked at Daniel, then back at Corbyn. I wanna go, but I want Daniel to come with me as well.

Daniel's pov

Oh my goodness. New York? That would be amazing. But I saw Corbyn looking at Jonah and mouthing a 'let's go there' to him. I guess they are going...so..I can't go. I just can't...that would be for sure the biggest mistake. I would fail and break my fucking promise. I'm not going. I already broke my promise yesterday when I looked him in the eyes. I can't fail again.

My thoughts were interrupted by Mrs. Gren.

"So here I have a list. Everyone who already knows for sure that wants to go..you can write your name on it. The price you have to pay is 100$. I don't know exactly what will be the final price of the trip, but it contains of course the travel costs, lodging, some museum and gallery visits and so much more. Everything we can fit in those five days....so yeah here is the list." she stated and put the paper on the teacher's desk.

I don't know what was happening after this cause I asked Mrs. Gren if I can go to the bathroom...so I left the classroom. I just can't be around him. I can't take it.

I walked into the bathroom and locked myself into one of the cabins. I leaned against the wall of the cabin closing my eyes and breathing deeply. I was trying so hard to not think about Jonah but I couldn't help myself.

Jonah's pov

Daniel left the classroom again. Is he sick or something? I'm worried about him so much.

The first period ended and I walked over to Corbyn and Zach's spot.

"Hey guys, are you going to write your names on the list?" I asked them.

"Of course." Zach responded standing up and he immediately went to do it.

"I'm gonna do it too and I recommend you to come with me and do it as well." Corbyn said and stood up.

I couldn't decide what to do cause if I go I will be lonely I guess..cause he's staying for sure....because of me....but on the other hand maybe those five days would help me to forget about him...because he seems to be over me. I don't know for sure but why would he ignore me then? It just doesn't make any sense even if his parents found out. Oh my goodness somebody please help..ugh please help me.

Ugh but what if I somehow get him back but I will leave to New York and he stays here..oh my..I would miss him so fucking much. Even if now I feel exactly the same way. Lonely, sad and I miss him extremely much.

Suddenly Corbyn grabbed my arm and dragged me to the teacher's desk.

"Chill bro." I said and narrowed my eyebrows when we stopped by the list.

"Sorry, but I don't wanna see you suffering because of him. And I think this trip is a chance to begin a new chapter in your life...without him." he said and put his hand on my shoulder. "I hate to say this cause you love him but...he's probably over you bro." he added, then wrote his name on the paper.

After his words I felt a single tear rolling down on my cheek. I quickly wiped it away before anyone could notice it. Maybe Corbyn is right? No please..he can't be right...no way.

I decide to go for it. Corbyn handed me the pen and I hesitantly took it. I took a deep breath and wrote my name on the list. Almost every place of the limit is already taken. Just two are still free. I was praying for Daniel to come back into the class and write his name as well. But deep down I knew he won't do it.

Before the next period started I quickly got out of the classroom heading to the bathroom. I knew Daniel is there again and I had to check if he's okay.

Daniel's pov

I failed. I was sitting on the floor and sobbing in the cabin. No one came into the bathroom through the whole break. And it was almost the next period when the door went open and somebody walked in slowly.

"Daniel?" my heart started to beat faster. It was Jonah. Ugh why? I'm trying to stay away from him but he's coming after me. At least I know he still loves me and also that he's not mad at me.

"Daniel, I know you're here. Please, talk to me." he was begging me and I saw his shade on the ground coming closer to the cabin I'm in. "Why are you crying?"

I can't believe I'm doing this to him. I'm a monster...a devil...the most horrible person alive.

Suddenly the bell rang, he let out a sigh and slowly walked out of the bathroom. I let out a sigh as well and closed my eyes trying to hold my tears back from falling. I'm so tired of crying.