19

Jonah's pov

When I walked into the bathroom I immediately noticed the light sobs coming from the first cabin. I knew it's Daniel.

"Daniel?" I spoke up, but he haven't answered. Of course not. It was breaking my heart, hearing him crying there and instead of trying to help him, I just stand there, not knowing what to do. On the other hand, he doesn't want to tell me about his problem. "Daniel, I know you're here. Please, talk to me."

I wasn't surprised that he didn't say anything. I walked closer to the cabin he was in and tried one more time.

"Why are you crying?" I asked him. But no response. Then the bell rang. It means the next period started. I let out a sigh and slowly walked out of the bathroom, even if I wanted to stay with him. But he keeps pushing me away from him. So it was better to leave. It would be useless to stay there anyways. He doesn't want me anymore. I'm just curious what made him change his mind this much.

I walked back to the classroom with a knot in my throat. Corbyn wanted to say something when I passed him, but he just opened his mouth then closed it. I guess he saw I'm not okay.

I sat down and put my elbows on the table, covering my face with my hands.

Daniel's pov

When Jonah left, I burst into tears. Ugh fucking hell. I can't go back into the class like this. I was really trying to calm down, but I couldn't help myself. The thoughts of him are so much stronger than me.

I wiped away all my tears with the sleeve of my shirt and took a deep breath. Then an other one and kept going on. Slowly it helped...really slowly.

Maybe after 15 minutes or even more I was calm. Or at least not crying.

I took my phone out of my pocket and checked the time on it. More than a half of the period is over. Great job Seavey. Nowadays a guy who you are in love with, makes you skip classes. But it's all your fault. Just yours. And also he makes you talk to yourself. Thank you.

Okay I think I'm going crazy. Honestly. This reminded me of a song I wrote. And then I realized that maybe I should sing a little bit cause that always makes me feel better. Holy shit. Maybe my mind is already gone. I don't care if someone would here me.
I started to sing.

🎶I need you now
More than words can say
I need you now
I've got to find a way
I need you now
Before I lose my mind
I need you now 🎶

That was all I was able to get out of myself. I felt a tear rolling down on my cheek. I wiped it away and stood up taking a deep breath again. Then I opened the door on the cabin and went closer to the sinks on the other side of the room. When I reached one of them, I looked at the reflection of myself in the mirror.

'oh my...I look awful.' I thought to myself. I washed my face in cold water. I hope it helps at least a little bit.

Then I slowly walked over to the door and grabbed the doorknob. I closed my eyes, then opened them and walked out of the bathroom. It was silence in the hallway. I got a little nervous when I realized that I have to face Jonah again.

I went inside the classroom not looking on anyone. I apologized for being late, even if the teacher was already heading out of the class cause the period was over. Then I walked to my seat with my head held low.

I took a seat still looking down. I felt Jonah's gaze on me through the whole time. He was making me so nervous. Honestly my hands were shaking.

"Are you okay?" he asked me with a fear in his voice and leaned closer to me. My breathing almost stopped. I think I'm an idiot for being this weak for someone but I couldn't help but look at him. I broke my promise once again. What am I doing?

Jonah's pov

Daniel almost scared me when I saw how he looked like, after he came back from the bathroom. He was obviously crying so hard there. I mean I heard him sobbing but haven't expected this.

When he sat down next to me I just had to ask him if he's okay.

"Are you okay?" I asked and leaned closer to him. I had to. I miss his closeness. And then it happened. He looked at me! Oh my goodness. My beautiful baby boy.

We were just staring into each other's eyes. And what I saw was pain and sadness again. Just like yesterday. But also I saw the love in those wonderful eyes..love for me..oh my...he still loves me. Thank god...holy crap..this just gave me the power to not give up on him...to fight for him. Even if I wouldn't be able to just give up that easily.

"How can I help you Daniel?" I asked quietly and took his hand. He looked down on our hands and back at me. His eyes started to tear up and he pulled away his hand slowly while shaking his head. Does this mean I can't help him? Or what?

Then the bell rang. Holy shit this break was just five minutes long. I need more time. Ugh gosh.
The next period started and I could not continue with trying. Yes I will try..I will never stop. I can't just give up because it hurts. It would hurt anyways so. I'm gonna find out what is going on here. Even if it would take months or..even years.

His happiness is my number one priority. He deserves to be happy more than anybody else. And I'm gonna find those who are making him suffer this much. I swear I'm gonna find them...and they are going to pay for hurting him.