52

Daniel's pov

We walked in. My hands were shaking again. Suddenly my mom appeared in front of us and hugged me.

"Oh Daniel." she said quietly then looked up and down on me. "You're literally shaking..don't be afraid honey." she added hugging me again, but even tighter this time.

"We have to do this." Jonah's mom spoke up. Me and my mom pulled away and I felt Jonah's arm around me. I looked at him and he smiled at me weakly.

"Thank you..for helping us." I whispered to keep my voice from breaking, cause I was about to cry. He placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Of course we help you guys." he responded whispering and hugged me.

Meanwhile our moms walked into the living room. After we separated, we followed them. When we stepped in I immediately noticed Anna sitting on the couch.

It shocked me first. She stood up and walked over to me. She stopped in front of me for a second but then she hugged me tightly.

"Chill Dani..we got this, okay?" she was so sweet. Oh my god she's the best sister ever. I nodded in response.

"Thank you so much Anna." I said quietly and a single tear escaped from my eye. I quickly wiped it away.

We all sat down on the couch, waiting for my father to come downstairs cause currently he was in the bathroom I guess or I don't know.

Like Jonah told me before we headed here, he was for real by side through the whole time and holding my hand. I could tell that he was nervous about this whole thing as well. Of course not as much as me but still. Also everyone else was nervous. How could someone stay calm in a situation like this? There's no way.

And then..I heard him coming..his heavy steps..that was the moment when I thought that I can't do it. I wanted to jump on my feet and run away. But I froze and my heart started to beat faster.

"Everything is gonna be okay...just breathe deep." Jonah whispered and I slowly nodded. But I couldn't do anything just stare towards the stairs and..there he was..walking our way with a concern look on his face. Still kind of no reaction. He can explode at any time tho.

He walked in and froze as well..like everyone else around us. There was a painful silence in the whole house. But what happened after that..I never expected coming..it literally shocked me..it shocked all of us.

Jonah's pov

We were waiting. For long minutes. It was nerves wracking. Then some noises came from upstairs and some steps started to head to the stairs. I felt Daniel's hand getting tighter around mine. Aw my poor little baby, I hope he can make it.

"Everything is gonna be okay...just breathe deep." I whispered and he just slowly nodded. He couldn't keep his eyes away from the stairs in the hallway. And when I looked that way too, I noticed Jeffrey already heading to us. Oh my goodness..I haven't seen him for such a long time..okay if we don't count that one time he revealed us..but at that time I haven't even realized that it's really him cause I had to leave quickly.

Everyone just simply froze when he appeared in the living room together with all of us. There was silence between us. No one wanted to be the first who's gonna speak up.

Suddenly an unexpected thing happened. Daniel's dad started to breathe faster and he put his hand on his chest while groaning heavily. He collapsed and lost his consciousness.

"Dad!" Daniel ran to him and his mom too. "Dad wake up." he started to cry.

"Oh my god Jeff!...Jeff!" Daniel's mom was trying to wake him up by shaking him but nothing helped.

Anna was meanwhile crying on the couch and just staring at the situation.

"Someone call the ambulance! Quickly!" Daniel's mom was freaking out. My mom grabbed her phone and called 911. I walked over to Daniel and put my hand on his shoulder. He turned to me and hugged me tightly while crying into my shoulder. I hugged him back even tighter and kissed his face.

"Shhh..he's gonna be fine...he's a strong man." I whispered in his ear to comfort him.

"They're almost here." my mom said walking back to us after she finished the call. And she was right cause after not even 3 minutes they arrived and Keri let them in.

...........................

Daniel's pov

I feel horrible. This is my fault. I had that strange feeling of this whole idea and either way I just went for it..and this is what I get. My dad got a heart attack.

I'm so afraid he's not gonna wake up from this. He already had some problems with his heart and actually got a heart attack twice in the last few years..the doctors said that there is chance that he can pass away if a complication appears.

Currently we were all in the hospital..in front of his room. They don't allow any visits yet.

I was standing by the window and watching him while tears were rolling down on my cheeks. Jonah was hugging me from behind. He told me that he feels guilty cause he and his mom told me that everything is gonna be fine but the opposite thing happened. I told him that there's no reason for that feeling cause I was the one who agreed to it. And of course how would they know that this is gonna happen?

"He's not gonna make it...I know that." I whispered and started to cry.

"Don't say that..he's a fighter and he won't give up that easily." he whispered with a shaking voice and kissed my face.

Everyone is so emotional now, even if Jonah and his mom are not our blood-related family..but we are family anyways. I also cried when Jonah's dad killed himself in jail. Even if he did what he did..he was still the part of our family..he was like my second father.