02

Jonah's pov

"You wanna end up like them?" he said and pulled away his hand.

"Of course not." I replied sadly. "But Romeo and Juliet were a couple...and we're not...so.." he looked at me.

"What are you trying to say now?" he was confused.

"Nothing...cause your answer would be no." I responded sadly. He placed his hand on my leg.

"I know what do you mean...and I wanna say yes more than anything...but I can't do it...this whole thing is more than enough. Don't make it even more complicated and dangerous...please." a single tear escaped from his eye. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"I'm sorry Daniel. I completely understand you...but I think that nothing would change..cause nobody knows about this..." I was hoping that he can change his mind.

Daniel's pov

"Jonah..ugh we can't.." he interrupted me with his lips on mine. I was surprised, but I kissed him back and wrapped my arms around his neck. It felt so right even if we both know that it's not.

It wasn't for the first time that we kissed. It happened before. Once when we were just in freshman year. I can't remember it clearly cause we were a little drunk. Yeah right in our freshman year. We had some older friends who made a bad impact on us and got us into alcohol. Fortunately not drugs. Good thing is that they were at that time seniors, like me and Jonah and of course our best friends now, so they left really quickly.

We separated to catch our breaths. I put my hands on his cheeks while he pulled me close with his arms around my waist.

"What are we doing?" I asked him. I don't know what got into me, but I kissed him again. I know this is forbidden, but now it makes me want him even more. It's so dangerous and irresistible at the same time.

"Just give me a chance." he said quietly when we pulled away. I let out a sigh and looked at him. He was begging me with his eyes.

"Jonah..I.." I have no clue what should I say right now.

"Please..nothing would change..you know that. We are doing this for years now and they have no idea...please..I love you." he said and took my hands into his. "What do you say? Will you be my boyfriend?" he asked me.

"I honestly don't know what to say." I stated.

"I just need a yes...that is all I want."

We were staring into each other's eyes. I couldn't say anything...but then I thought about what he said. That nothing would change cause nobody knows about this. He is right. What would change? Just the relationship between us. Nothing else. And if I think about it..our relationship was more than a friendship either way, so yeah..absolutely nothing would change. That's why I decided to give it a chance.

"So?" he questioned and I took a deep breath.

"Yes..I would love to be your boyfriend." I said with a smile on my face. He smiled back at me and connected our lips.

When we separated, he hugged me and I felt so good. I can't believe this actually happened. Did I make a good decision?

I looked at the time on my phone and it was almost 6P.M..

"Oh no." I quickly got up from the bench. Jonah followed me.

"What happened?" he asked me with a fear in his voice.

"I have to go to Angi's." I replied and I was about to go when he grabbed my hand gently.

"Don't go." he said. I turned back to him and placed my hand on his cheek lightly caressing it.

"I have to. I don't wanna get into trouble." I said quietly and he hugged me tightly.

"Okay." he responded sadly. Then he took my hand interlacing our fingers and we started to walk through the park to the sidewalk. When we reached it, we stopped to say goodbye.

"You want me to go with you to her house?" he asked me and wanted to wrap his arms around my waist, but I stopped him.

"Stop Jonah...no one can see us and I would love to if you could come with me, but you can't. I'm really sorry. I will text you as soon as I get home. I promise." I gave him a quick kiss.

"Alright. By the way, I can't see anyone around so chill baby. I love you." he said softly.

"I love you too." I responded and we kissed. When we separated, we both headed to the opposite way. I had a smile on my face. As I looked around I really haven't seen anyone so hopefully we're good.

After 10 minutes I arrived at Angi's house. I rang the bell and waited. Suddenly the door went open and I saw Angi's mom standing in the door frame.

"Hi Daniel." she said.

"Hey, sorry for disturbing, but is Angi at home?" I asked.

"Yeah come in. She's in her room, but I will tell her you are here." she replied and let me in. Then she walked into Angi's room. A minute later Angi came to me.

"Hey Dani, what's up?" she asked and hugged me.

"Hey, nothing I just came to ask if you have maybe seen my airpods. Cause I can't find them since we were shopping." I had to make up something.

"No, but I think you haven't even brought them to the mall." she replied.

"Oh..then..maybe I just put them somewhere else than usually and that's why I haven't found them...thank you anyways. Um...I gotta go now." I said and turned to the door ready to leave.

"Hey why do you hurry so much? You just came here." she was confused. I turned back facing her again.

"I'm sorry, but I have to find them before my mom finds out that I lost them." I said and she nodded.

"Oh okay..then good luck. Text me when you find them." she smiled.

"Of course, bye Angi."

"Bye Dani."

I walked out of the house and headed back home.