13

Daniel's pov

"Can I help you somehow?" Angi asked.

"I don't think so." I replied sobbing.

"Maybe I should tell him what happened." she stated. I looked up at her while shaking my head.

"No, this is my problem. I will figure out something..but thank you." I sniffed.

Jonah's pov

It was late afternoon when I finished my song I decided to write for homework. On the other hand I still don't know if this is my final choice. I mean this song. It holds all my current feelings. It's called 'Sad song'. What else, right?

Corbyn finally replied to my message. I thought he's gonna ignore me too even if I knew that he was probably just sleeping because of the party last night. But it still felt kind of bad.

Jonah: happy new year dude i hope urs is better than mine😢sorry that i missed the party but ugh whatever
Corbyn: hey dude what's wrong? U can tell me about it i swear i'm not gonna tell it to anyone
Jonah: can we meet somewhere?😢
Corbyn: ofc but what's going on?
Jonah: some personal shit😟i can deal with it i guess😒
Corbyn: sounds like absolutely the opposite of it but if u say
Jonah: so can i maybe come over?
Corbyn: yea sure buddy
Jonah: thx😢

I got off instagram and walked into the bathroom. Then I left the house and headed to Corbyn's house.

Daniel's pov

Angi left just a few minutes ago so I was alone again with my thoughts. They were eating me alive so I decided to write them into a song. It wasn't that hard.

While I was writing I heard a knock on my door. I looked that way but didn't say anything.

"Daniel? I know you're in there." it was my mom. "Let me in..please." she said the last part quieter. I just shook my head still sitting there in silence. I don't wanna talk to her.

After some time she walked away cause I didn't answered. I smashed the pen on the table and got up angrily. Why is she trying to be so nice and caring?! She ruined my fucking life by forcing me to promise something I would never ever do by myself!!

Jonah's pov

I made it to Corbyn's house and he let me in. We walked into his room and sat down on his bed.

"So what's up mate?" he asked.

"I don't know Corbs. I guess I did something wrong but I just don't know what and it makes me go crazy. You understand it? Cause I don't know what is going on." I blew up and he was just staring at me with widen eyes.

"Woah hold on. Slow down cause I don't know what are you talking about." he stated and I took a deep breath.

"I'm talking about Daniel. And the party and...I mean we didn't go to that party cause he is not answering my messages and..he keeps ignoring me since yesterday." I explained.

"What did you do Jonah?" he asked me like he wasn't listening to me a few seconds ago.

"I just told you that I have no clue. We met yesterday morning at the store and everything was fine but since that he acts like I don't exist." I said sadly almost with a shaking voice. I'm just emotionally on the ground right now.

"I can ask him about it if you want." he said but I shook my head.

"No thanks. It's way too personal." I replied.

"Why?...oh my gosh..you guys are dating?" he asked with a wide smile on his face. But I could not smile back.

"Just were I guess." my voice almost broke. Corbyn put his hand on shoulder.

"It's gonna be okay. I believe that he has a good reason for this acting." he said. I was looking down and trying hard to not cry.

"But..this..doesn't make any sense. Ugh I have to talk with him tomorrow...but I have a feeling that he will...not even listen to me." I said and I couldn't hold my tears back. I wiped them away with the sleeve of my hoodie and sniffed.

"If he will not listen to you then he will listen to me." he stated and I looked up at him.

"No please Corbyn..it's not that easy..it's...it's more complicated than it looks like." I said and checked the time on my phone. "I gotta go now..it's already late but...thanks for the talk." I added and smiled weakly. He smiled back at me and we stood up from his bed.

"Anytime bro." he replied and we walked out of his room heading to the front door.

"See you tomorrow at school. Bye Corbs."

"See ya, bye." he responded and closed the door behind me. I started to walk home. Lonely and sad. My eyes started to tear up again.

Daniel's pov

It was 10.18P.M. and it was silence in the whole house so I decided to go downstairs and finally eat something.

I quietly walked down the stairs and headed to the fridge in the kitchen. When I stepped in I quickly stopped cause Anna was sitting there by the table and drinking water.

"Daniel? You're still alive?" she joked and smiled at me but I couldn't respond the smile. "Okay I'm sorry. Come sit down and tell me everything."

I let out a sigh and took a bowl of cereal, then I sat down on the opposite side of the table.

"What do you want to know? If I feel like a piece of shit? Yes I do. Or if I suffer from pain? Yes I do. Should I continue or it's enough for you?" I said calmly and started to eat.

"Daniel please don't act like a child. And don't talk to me like this. I didn't do anything." she said half angrily and half sadly. I looked at her and put the spoon on the table. Then I put my elbows on the table and covered my face with my hands. I felt the tears trying to escape from my eyes and a knot in my throat.

"I'm so sorry Anna." I whispered while crying lightly. "It hurts so much."