Mashup 1x08

Mulai dari awal

"Who cares if they make you popular, people love you Finn." Shit, didn't mean to let that last part out.

"Yea, I guess." Finn says, oblivious to what I just blurted out.

Class ends and I take a little bit since I have to pack my laptop up, put my agenda away, close my pencil case and such. Puck strangely waits for me as Finn tells me he'll catch me later.

"Well, that was a close one." Puck says to me as he leans back on the lab bench.

"Meaning?" I ask.

"You almost just completely let it slip that you like your best friend's boyfriend." He then locks his lips. "Don't worry babe, your secret's safe with me." He winks as he starts to leave the classroom.

"Is it that obvious?" I ask, stopping him in his tracks as I put my backpack on my back.

"Not really, just I'm kinda a pro with these kinds of things." He runs his fingers through his Mohawk.

"You good?" 

"Yea, a little relieved, is that ok?" He asks me a serious question for once.

"I mean, it'll get Finn out of the way so you and Quinn can have your baby together. But then again, she's so happy with Finn and you'll be losing your best friend." I frown as I say this.

I've tried to blank out the time that me and Finn kinda made out, or the time he told me he likes me. It seems like he kinda likes everyone. I feel like he's not very sincere because one day he'll flirt with Rachel and then like a few weeks ago, he tried to flirt with me, even though he has a pregnant girlfriend that isn't pregnant with his baby even though he thinks it's his but it's actually his best friend's.

The bell rings and the school day's over and I decide to hang out at the stage and skip Cheerio's today. I just need a break from everything and everyone. I start singing Mamma Mia because it's one of my favorite songs and it's describes what's kinda going on right now.

In the middle of the second verse, I'm startled by a door slamming shut and lights flash on. The band came out on stage and starts to play with me. I feel like a pop star, feeling the energy of the pretend crowd, singing to Finn, more like serenading him with this love/hate song.

The song lyric 'I Was been cheated by you, and I think you know when. So I made up my mind, it must come to an end. look at me now, will I ever learn? I don't know how. But I suddenly lose control. There's a fire within my soul.' Really gets to me. My thoughts exactly.

I start belting into the microphone and keeping the beat with my hand tapping my right thigh. 

'I can't count all the times I cried over you' I belted and then I heard another door slam closed.

I spot a tall guy with dark brown/black hair approach the stage. Clad in sunglasses and an open flannel with a white t shirt showing through.

"I SHOULD NOT HAVE LET YOU GO." I let myself go and belt the last lyrics out into the microphone. 

There was a single applause coming from the seats below the stage.

"Wow, great job Jess." Finn congratulates me on what was supposed to be a private concert.

"That was supposed to be just me letting loose and then the band came in and then you. So thanks a lot dork." I laugh at him.

Finn takes my hand as I jump off the stage. Next thing I know is Finn is running up the stairs to the stage.

"Hit it boys." Finn commands the band with his finger.

The beginning of Don't Stop Me Now starts with the band and Finn singing like Freddie Mercury.