Acknowledgments

Even though this is technically not the first book I've finished, and certainly not the first book I've written, this is the first book that I've gotten such love and positive feedback on.

I started writing this novel September of 2017 and finished it April of 2018. I worked hard and non-stop on this, considering it only took me a few months. Of course, not my best work but anyone can tell I improved from chapter one to epilogue.

October 2017, my grandmother died. She was like a best friend to me. I used to tell her things I was too afraid to tell my parents and she never ever judged me for it. Hell, I once brought my run-away best friend to her house when we were 14 and video-chatted her 17 year old boyfriend. To say in the least, my grandmother was one of the most kind and caring people I have and will ever know.

She would give up anything for me and her other six grandchildren in a heartbeat. Everyday after school for two years she used to take my brother, my best friend, and I to a convenient store to buy snacks and slurpees. Everyday. On Saturdays, since 5th grade she would take my brother and I to a skating rink so we could become closer to our cousins. I just wish I was able to give her a proper goodbye.

So, I dedicate my first 'successful' novel to the most beautiful person, inside and out, this world will ever know, my nan. Who, by the way, was the inspiration for Bella's grandmother. She was a last minute add in after my grandmother died.

Thank you, nanny, for always believing in me even when no one else did. For all the times you made us lunch when my parents were at work and we had no food. For all the times I called you to pick me up when I didn't have a ride. For dealing with all the stupid teenage drama I brought home with me. For loving me even when I didn't want you to brush my hair.

I love you, forever and always.