Chapter 6 (REVISED)

Mondays are the definition of hell. Next to school, that is. School mixed with Mondays isn't such a good idea. Especially when you're pregnant and are tired literally every second of the day. I could sleep for three years and I would still be tired. My hormones have also been all over the place. One minute I'm happy and the next minute I'm crying. It really doesn't help that everyone in my school is a huge bitch. Ugh, I just wish I could crawl in my bed and never leave.

"Earth to Belle." James' voice startled me and I jumped. He chuckled at my skittishness before opening the driver side door and stepping out. I followed his actions, closing the door behind me. "Are you feeling okay?"

No, not at all. I feel so nauseous, my feet are swollen, my hormones are everywhere and I'm so tired.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Yes, he's my best friend and I should tell him the truth, right?

Not when the cause of all my problems is his baby that I'm carrying.

"You sure?" He watched me with worried eyes as we walked towards the front doors of our high school.

"I'm positive."

Hell yeah I'm positive, I have a test to prove it.

We entered the building and maneuvered our way through the crowd of rowdy teenagers and ended up in front of his locker. He opened it, throwing all this useless books inside before shutting it closed. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a blonde girl walking towards us. Great, just fantastic.

"Hey, James." Sophia said, twirling a strand of hair in her finger as she chewed a piece of gum obnoxiously.

Sophia Gavin, the biggest air head in school. The number of guys she's been with is higher than her GPA. Her new target seems to be James considering every morning since school started she walked her scrawny ass to his locker and said 'Hey, James.' whilst twirling her hair around her finger.

"Oh, hi Sophia." James replied politely because he doesn't have the balls to tell her off.

"So I was wondering if you wanted to come over to my house tonight and study." She winked, staring at him intently. He shifted his weight awkwardly, avoiding her intense gaze. He was about to say something when I cut in.

"How many times does he have to say no for it to get through your head that he isn't interested?" I crossed my arms over my chest, feeling a wave of rage wash over me. Sophia took a step back, her eyes wide. I don't think she even noticed me standing here before now.

"Excuse me?" She said, taking a step forward threateningly.

"Look at you. You don't even know what to do with yourself if you're not having sex." She gasped, her eyes darkening with anger. In the corner of my eye, I noticed James facial expression. I've never been one to get in someone's face like this, so he must be really surprised.

"You take that back, bitch!" She screeched, clenching her jaw. I simply chuckled, smirking at her mischievously.

"Make me, whore." Just as she raised her hand to hit me, James grabbed my arm and pulled me down the hallway. I didn't notice how many people were staring at us, but I didn't care. I was fuming.

"What is going on with you?" James whispered after pulling me to the side of the hallway.

"She pissed me off." I took a deep breath, trying to control my anger.

I don't know what and got over me, but just seeing her like that set a switch off in my body.

He opened his mouth to say something, but I dashed into the classroom before he had a chance to question me further.

I was practically falling asleep as the bell rang and jolted me awake. The comfy chairs of the auditorium were calling my name to continue sleeping, but I'd rather sleep in my bed. I made my way out of the building to meet Megan and James so we could walk home. I found them standing next to the trash can, having a pretty exciting conversation.

"What are we talking about?" I asked as I approached them. Their eyes turn towards me and James seems like he's about to jump out of his skin with excitement.

"You'll never guess what happened to me!" James started, his smile unbelievably wide.

"You finally learned what a shower was? You smell like garbage." I joked, though he did smell like he just ran a marathon.

"Shut it, I just had gym." He snaps playfully. "But no, that's not it. You know that girl I was talking about non-stop last year? Michelle?" I stared at him blankly for a second, before remembering exactly what he was talking about.

Michelle was a new student towards the end of the year last year from London and James was obsessed with her. He wouldn't stop talking about how he wanted to ask her out. At the time, it didn't bother me at all, but thinking about it now makes me a little uncomfortable.

"Oh, yeah. I remember her." I said blankly.

"Well I finally grew a pair and asked her out. And guess what? She said yes!" He jumped like a girl who just got asked out. I grew the fakest smile I could on my face.

"Oh wow, that's great, Jay." I broke eye contact with James and looked at Megan, who's giving me an intense stare.

I knew she was reading right through my fake smile, she was my best friend. James would be able to see it too, if he wasn't so caught up about his date.

"I know! She even gave me her number." He stretched his hand out to me, showing me the ten digit number written in blue ink on his palm. "We're going out Friday night." I nodded, the fake smile still plastered on my face.

He's my best friend, I should be jumping for joy with him. But I'm not. I decided it was the best decision to walk away before I do something stupid.

"That's great. I have to go though, I have a uh...gig. I'll see you guys later." I turned around and started walking towards my house, taking a deep breath.

"I'll come with you." I heard Megan yell while running up next to me. "What's wrong?" Her voice was filled with worry and concern.

"Nothing's wrong, see?" I put on another fake smile, but she obviously isn't convinced.

"I know you, Bella. Don't try to lie to me."

"I swear to you, I'm good. In fact, I'm so good, I'm going to walk home alone. I'll see you tomorrow." I started to walk faster, leaving her behind.

I didn't mean to snap at her, but all I wanted to do was go home and hide from the world under my covers.