Chapter 42

"This show is so old." James complains as I snuggle against his body, his arm wrapped around me. The blankets of my bed were wrapped around us, making us warm and cozy.

"Boy Meets World is a 90's show, but it's still great."

"It's so unrealistic." He replies and I roll my eyes.

"You know, we're kind of like Cory and Topanga." I say, rubbing my bump. "But with a twist."

"Don't they get married in this show?" I raise an eyebrow and look up at him.

"What? Are you saying you don't want to marry me?"

His eyes widen and he shakes his head.

"N-No, that's not what I'm saying-"

"Calm down, I'm joking. We're too young." I chuckle and he lets out a breath.

"We're also too young for a baby, but here we are." I roll my eyes and hit his shoulder. "Oky, tell you what. If we still feel this way about each other when we're ready for marriage, we'll do it."

I bite my lip and think over my answer.

"Is this your way of proposing to me?" I joke.

"If you want to think of it that way, then yes." He smiles at me and I peck his lips. "So, will you marry me in say....ten years?" I laugh.

"Yes." I smile and kiss him lovingly.

~~~

"Oh my god, it's here!" I squeal as I close the door in the mail man's face. I clap excitedly at the box standing in front of me.

James comes rushing down the stairs, wearing only a pair of sweatpants.

"Belle, I heard a scream. Are you okay?" He asked worryingly

I giggle and nod, clapping my hands.

"I'm great, just excited." I tell him.

"What's that?" He asked, pointing towards the box on the floor.

"That, is the crib we bought. I'm so excited to see it in the nursery."

"Let me guess, I have to put it together all by myself." He raised an eyebrow and I giggle, pecking his cheek.

"I don't know anything about building things. You wouldn't want me to accidentally hurt myself, do you?" I blink at him innocently with a smile.

"You're lucky you're so cute, or I'd be super pissed right now." I giggle and he picks up the box, hauling it up the stairs.

James drops the box on the floor in the nursery and wipes his forehead.

"Damn, that thing is heavy." He breathed.

"Don't be a baby and put the crib together, before I make you sleep in it." I threatened and he chuckled.

He cut the tape on the box with a key and opened the flaps. Inside was a bunch of different dark wood pieces. I got a headache just looking at it.

"Why is there so many pieces?" James complained in amazement, his eyes wide.

"Alright well, while you do that, I'm going to get some pickles." I flashed him an innocent smile before waddling down the stairs for the pickle jar.

"Did the doorbell ring?" My grandmother asked from the kitchen table, looking up from her books. I grab the pickle jar from the fridge and the jar of Nutella from the cabinet.

"Yeah, the crib came. James is upstairs putting it together." I answer, dipping a pickle in the Nutella and taking a bite, my mouth watering at the flavor.

"Isn't he a sweetheart." She said and I rolled my eyes. "Abigail called this morning."

I look up from my food with wide eyes, my heart skipping a beat.

"Really? How did she get the phone without mom yelling at her?"

"Your mother wasn't home. She wanted to check up and make sure you and the baby were okay." I smile, leaning against the counter.

"I miss her." I sigh, biting my lip.

"I know you do, honey." My grandmother whispered, standing up from her seat to rub my back. "Don't worry, you'll see her soon."

"Can I call her?" I ask hopefully. She shakes her head.

"If your mother were to find out Abby was talking to you, she would go nuts. It's safer not to call and wait for her to call you." I nod sadly, dipping the pickle back in the Nutella and taking a bite.

~~~

A.N.-

Chapter 42 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it. <3

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?