Chapter 18

Bella's POV

"Bella, can I talk to you?" Kyle said nervously. I jumped slightly and lifted my head to look at him. My cheeks heated up and I nod slowly, standing up and following him out of the cafeteria. I've been avoiding this moment all day. I knew that when he found I was pregnant, he'd go off on my not telling him I'm pregnant and...I just didn't want to deal with it. We come to a stop right outside the doors, my heart thumping rapidly.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was pregnant. I just didn't know how you would react and I feel really bad about it. I really do like you and I really want to go out with you but I totally understand if you never want to see me again-" I'm cut off by his lips pressing against mine. I freeze from shock before I actually start kissing him back. My heart was beating so loudly in my ears, it was almost deafening. He finally pulls away and smirks.

"I was just going to say, I hope you being pregnant doesn't change anything between us." His words made my heart flutter and my cheeks heat up.

"It doesn't." I bite my lip, staring into his blue eyes.

"Are we still on for Friday?" He asks and I nod. He kisses me on the cheek before walking back into the cafeteria. I let out a squeal of excitement before running back to our table. James is chewing a mouthful of food and staring off into the distance before I snap him out of it.

"He still wants to go out!" I jump, the smile hard to hide on my face.

"Oh-em-gee! I'm so excited." Megan says, standing up and jumping with me.

    "Aren't you excited?" I ask James, who seems to be staring at me with a blank expression.

    "Yeah. I'm going out with Michelle tonight so no one will be lonely!" He said with a sarcastic tone before standing up with his tray and walking away. His words hurt me, the familiar feeling in my chest coming back.

    "What's wrong with him?" I ask.

    "Must be on his man period." She says has if she's hiding something. "Let's get to class." She says before I can reply, pushing me out the door.

~~~

I open the front door to my house and throw my backpack on the floor.

    "I'm home!" I yell out.

    "I'm in the kitchen." My grandmother yells back at me. I walk into the kitchen and find her chopping some carrots. She's probably making dinner.

    "Hey." I say, taking a seat at the island.

    "Hi, sweetheart. How was school?" She asks with a smile.

    "The same." I figured it was a good idea not to tell her everyone knew I was pregnant, I didn't want her to make a fuss about it.

    "Well I made you an appointment on Friday."

    "Appointment for what?" I ask.

    "A doctor's appointment, silly. You haven't seen a doctor yet and you have to make sure the baby is healthy." I roll my eyes. I guess she's right.

    "Wait, Friday? I have a date on Friday!" I groan, laying my head on the table.

    "No worries, just go to the appointment and then you and James can have your date."

    "It's not with James." I lift my head up, meeting her questioning eyes. "His name is Kyle and yes, he knows I'm pregnant."

    "Well then he'll understand. Baby always comes first."

    "But-" She cuts me off.

    "You're going to the appointment and that's final."

    "Appointment for what?" I heard my mom say, making me freeze. I turn around and see her standing by the door frame, looking at us questioningly. She gasps. "Are you finally getting your nose done just like I've always wanted?" She smiles widely, clapping her hands.

    "No mom, it's a doctor's appointment." Her eyed furrow together in confusion.

    "You're not due for a check-up for another couple months." I sighed. Now is the best time to tell her. It's now or never. Of course, I can live with never but that's not reasonable.

    "Mom, I'm pregnant." I mumble, looking down at the ground in embarrassment. My cheeks flush hot and my heart was beating fast.

    "What? I couldn't hear you. For a second I thought you said you were pregnant." She chuckled but her laugh quickly faded away when I didn't respond. "You're pregnant?" Her voice was filled with anger, which made me even more scared.

    "Mom I-"

    "I can't fucking believe this!" She cut me off by yelling louder than I expected. "Do you know how many gigs I have to cancel because of this? How irresponsible can you be? I should've expected this. Once you become a model you start craving attention from every guy you meet." Her words hurt. I expected her to be mad, but I wasn't prepared for the name callings.

    "I'm so-"

    "Sorry doesn't pay the bills, Bella." She cuts me off again. "You know what, I can't even look at you. How could you go and do something like this knowing you would ruin your career? How selfish can you be?"

    "How selfish can I be? I don't want to be a model, mother. I never have. I only did it to make you happy. I hate modeling with a fiery passion. I did not have sex with the intention on any of this happening. It was a mistake, one that I regret."

    "Don't ever speak about modeling like that. You love modeling!"

    "No, you love modeling but you're too old to get any gigs so you're living vicariously through me."

    "You are such a bitch. You're father would be so angry with you if he was here. He would probably kick you out of the house. So you know what, I'm going to do what I think he would've done. Get the hell out of my house and never come back. I never want to see your face again. You're such a disgrace to this family." She screams before turning around and walking out. I just sit there and stare at the door frame blankly, tears threatening to fall.

    "Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry she said that to you." My grandmother said, rushing around the island to hug me.

    "Where am I going to go now?" I ask quietly, tears now sliding down my cheeks.

    "I just bought a house in the area, and I was going to ask you to move in with me this weekend. But now seems like a better time." I turn my head to look into her brown eyes. The same color as my dad's. My heart ached for him to be here and hug me as well.

    "Really? I can live with you?" I squeak.

    "Of course, baby." She said before pulling me into a tighter hug.

~~~

Vote if you love "Water Fountain" by Alec Benjamin. <3