Chapter 15

I make my way down the hallway, pushing past people so I could get to my class.

I swear I saw a snail pass by.

I finally make it to my English class and take my usual seat in the back corner. Megan soon enters and takes the seat in front of me.

"Guess what." She said excitedly.

"Chicken butt?" I joked, making her give me an annoyed look.

"No. I heard there was a new kid today, coming to our class." She leans in toward me. "And I heard he's hot."

"You're excited about more eye candy?" I chuckle.

"Hell yeah. The boys here are ugly as hell."

"I heard that." Said James, butting into our conversation as he took the seat in front of Megan.

"All but you, I meant." She said, trying to save herself.

"Nice save." James said, chuckling. "What are we talking about?"

"Megan says there's a new kid coming to class and he is hot." I mock Meghan, making her blush.

"Jeez Megan, you get a new boyfriend every week. Can't you chill for like five minutes?" To anyone else, that would've hurt. But Megan can take a joke.

"Haha, very funny. And for your information, I haven't had a boyfriend for at least two weeks." She says, making James and I laugh.

"Alright class, settle down." Our English teacher, Mr. Hanson says. "As you probably heard, we have a new student joining us today." Whispers erupt throughout the class. A sudden knock at the door makes everyone shut up. "And here he is." He open the door and walks in a boy. A couple gasps came from a few girls as he smiled towards everyone. He looked to be about James height, shaggy blonde hair and blue sparkling eyes. His smiling showed off the dimples on his cheeks, which made it so much more charming.

"Class, this is Kyle." Mr. Hanson said, and Kyle waved in response.

"Holy mother of god." Megan whispered in my ear from beside me. All I could do was nod, my eyes glued to the new boy. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones, but he is one attractive guy.

"Kyle, you can take the seat in front of Bella." Mr. Hanson said, making my heart race. Kyle and I locked eyes, making my cheeks blush. He takes the seat in front of me and smile that charming smile.

"Hey." He says, his voice husky in a low whisper as he winks at me. I turn my head and look at Megan as he turns around, my mouth an 'o' shape. I pretend to fan myself with my hand, making Megan nod. James's face was emotionless, staring straight ahead at the board. I shrugged it off, taking out my notebook and started writing down notes.

~~~

The bell rings, making everyone stand up and practically run for the door.

"Sorry about what happened at lunch, you know, the whole slushie incident." Kyle said as I was packing up my things, flashing me a sympathetic smile.

"Oh jeez, you saw that too?" I sighed, swinging my backpack over my shoulder.

"Yeah, it was great entertainment. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time."

"Well I'm glad someone found it funny." I joke.

"Are you doing anything Friday night?" He asked suddenly, catching me so off guard I had to take a second to process what he said.

Me? Kyle, the new hot guy is asking...me out?

"Oh uh, no. I don't think so." I flash him a flirtatious smile, to which he returns.

"Now you do." He takes my hand and grabs a sharpie from his pocket and writes ten numbers on my palm. "Text me your address, I'll pick you up at seven." He winked before exiting the class, leaving me speechless. When I finally collect myself I exit the classroom only to be stopped by my two best friends.

"Did I just eavesdrop correctly?" Megan says, practically jumping out of her skin. James just stands next to her, awkwardly avoiding eye contact with me. Weird.

"I don't know, what did you hear?" I said, playing dumb but I couldn't hide the smirk on my face.

"That hot guy Kyle just asked you out!" She squealed, clapping her hands together.

"Well then I guess you heard right." I beamed, my smile growing wide.

"I have to get to class, I'll see you guys later." James suddenly says, turning around and walking in the other direction.

"What's up with him?" I asked Megan.

"Oh, he's just being a boy." She said, rolling her eyes and muttering something under her breath. I raised my eyebrows at her curiously, but I didn't question her.

"Oh no." I muttered as reality hit me, hard.

"What?"

"I can't go on a date with Kyle!" I lowered my voice. "I'm pregnant."

"No duh, but pregnant girls can date too, you're not a monster."

"But when he finds out, he's going to think I'm a slut and never talk to me again." I turn and place my back on the lockers, laying my head back. I notice Michelle standing across the from us, staring until he noticed me looking. She quickly focused her gaze somewhere else before walking away.

"If that happens, at least you would've had some fun before you have to become an adult. Time is ticking, Bella, and you don't have much time to be a normal teenager. So live in the moment." Megan said.

"You're right, just live in the moment." I repeated.

"And remember-" She started, placing her hand on my shoulder. "No regrets." She whispered before turning and walking to her next class just as the bell rings.

~~~

Vote if you like Hot Topic. <3