Chapter 28

I push open the cafeteria doors and march my way inside. People were staring and whispering, as usual, but I didn't care about that right now. I was fired up and all I could see was red. I stomp over to our usual lunch table and slm my hands on it, causing everyone in earshot to look over. Megan and James look at me with fright, but my vision was set on James.

"You told her?" I yell, clenching my jaw in anger.

"Belle-"

"I was trying to protect your image by lying about who the father was, but you had to go and tell your slut of a girlfriend the truth to make me look like a liar? How could you?" He looked at me with fright and sorrow, his brown eyes staring straight into mine.

"Belle, didn't tell her-"

"Now the entire school thinks I'm a lying cheater! I'm so mad at you right now, I don't know what to do with myself." I huff.

"Belle, just calm down-" James said slowly, standing up from his seat.

"Don't tell me to calm down! I'm so mad at you, not only for making everyone hate me, but for everything you've done in the past five months." He furrowed his eyebrows together, shifting his weight uncomfortably.

"Belle, what are you saying?"

"I'm saying I hate you." His eyes widen and he blinks a few times. "I hate you for getting me pregnant. If it wasn't for that one drunken night, none of this would be happening to us."

"Don't say that-"

"It's the truth, James. Don't say you weren't thinking that, too." His eyes fall to the ground and I know I got my answer. I cross my arms over my chest and take a deep breath. "Maybe...maybe it would be easier if I put this baby up for adoption." I say quieter this time, avoiding eye contact with him. Because I know if I looked into his beautiful brown eyes, I would break down all over again. His head shoots up and his eyes are wide.

"Belle, think about what you're saying." He pleads, taking a step closer to me. I take a step back, my throat suddenly beginning to sting as I hold back my tears.

"Don't touch me." I snap, and he holds his hands up in surrender. "I've made my decision." I whisper before exiting the cafeteria, leaving James to stand their, all eyes on him.

James's POV

"I've made my decision." She whispers before walking away from me. I take a deep breath and try to hold my the tears forming in my eyes. She looked so heartbroken and torn apart, and knowing I did that to her made my heart break. I slowly took my seat at the table, staring off into space. The cafeteria started to get loud again, gossiping about the scene that just happened.

"Are you okay, Jay?" Megan asked, and I just nod my head. My throat felt like it was closing as I tried to keep my cool. "She's just overwhelmed right now, give her some time."

"Some time isn't going to change the fact that I ruined her life." I said, looking at her. I kept my face expressionless, but my eyes were cloudy with tears. "She hates me."

"She didn't mean it, James." Megan whispered softly, reaching out to touch my hand.

"She did mean it. I could tell by the way she was looking at me. She meant every word she said." I swallow, trying to ease the pain in my throat.

"She's just overwhelmed and pregnant, she thinks she meant it but it was just her emotions talking." I shake my head, suddenly wanting to get away.

"I'll see you later, Meg." I said, grabbing my backpack and walking towards the exit. I felt every eye in the room on me, but I didn't care.

~~~

"James? Are you awake?" A voice asked softly, making me pull the covers over my head. "James, I saw that."

"Go away." I mumbled. I heard the shuffling of feet then the bed dipped down by my feet.

"I will not go away." She said, grabbing the covers from my head and ripping them off me. I groan, realizing she turned my room light on.

"What do you want, Ramona?" I mumble, shielding my eyes from the bright light.

"I want you to talk to me. What happened? Ever since you got home from school, you've been hiding in your bed." She said, looking at me worryingly. "Is it about Bella?" I nod. "Did something happen to the baby?"

"No, but I'm afraid something will." I said, sitting up in my bed and leaning against my headboard.

"What do you mean?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowing together.

"Bella said she's putting the baby up for adoption." I purse my lis, looking down at my hands. I notice Ramona tense up from the corner of my eye.

"Are you okay with that?"

"No, I completely not okay with that."

"Then tell her that." I bite my lip, taking a deep breath.

"It doesn't matter what I say, she's the mother."

"And your the father, you have a say." She retort.

"She told me she hates me." I blurt out, feeling tears form in my eyes once again.

"Oh, wow. I was not expecting that." Ramona said, taking a breath. "I'm sure she didn't mean it."

"Well, she did. Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to hide i my bed until I die of starvation." I say, yanking the blankets and covering my head again. I heard Ramona sigh in frustration before the weight on the bed lifts. I wait until I heard the door close to let out a sob, along with some tears.

~~~

A.N.-

Well, things just took a sharp turn.

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?