Chapter 25

James's POV

A very familiar and unwanted aching feeling rose in my chest, the same feeling I get every time I see Belle and him together. I knew what it was, jealousy. I was jealous of Kyle and I wasn't going to deny it. I want to be the one to kiss her whenever I feel. I want to be the one to call her 'babe' and 'baby'. I want to put my arm around her shoulder and whisper sweet nothings into her ear. I want all of that with Belle, and more. I wish I was able to call her mine.

I may sound like a lovesick girl, but the first part isn't wrong. I long for Belle to love me back, but I just know she will never see me as more than her best friend...and baby daddy. What had happened that night was a one time thing led my alcohol which resulted in a child neither of us planned on. But as much as it may be easier just to run away and pretend like Belle and that baby had never happened to me, they did and even though I know Belle will never love me back, I love our baby and I will do everything in my power to give him or her the best life possible with two unwed parents.

I am snapped out of my thoughts by lips pressing against mine. I kissed back, finally realizing what was happening. Michelle starts placing soft kisses on my neck, her hands traveling my body. Any guy in our school would kill to be in my position with Michelle, but all I could think about was how much I wish she was Belle. Her hands began to travel down to my jeans, but I quickly stopped her, which made her sit up.

"What the hell, James?" She furrowed her eyebrows and crosses her arms over her chest. I sit up on my bed uncomfortably, leaning against my headboard.

"What?" I play dumb, looking anywhere but her eyes.

"Why won't you have sex with me?" She whines, looking at me longingly.

"I'm just...not in the mood." I honestly wasn't but if Belle was here, I would.

"Well then I can get you in the mood." She said with a mischievous smile, a lustful glint in her eyes as she went to take off my shirt. I put my hands over hers and remove them from furthering her actions. She looks at me with annoyance and anger. "We've been going out for over a month and we still haven't had sex. I want to express how I feel about you." She pouts and looks at me hopefully.

"Michelle, I really don't want to." I reply sternly, hoping she wouldn't try anything again. I'm getting annoyed myself at this point.

"Did I...did I do something wrong?" Her eyes grew a glossy shield over them and her eyes were filled with confusion. I felt a pang of guilt.

"No, Michelle. It's just me, you haven't done anything wrong." Her sad expression changed dramatically to an annoyed one, and I instantly knew she was faking it.

"You know what, whatever. I'm done trying." She spat, grabbing her backpack and storming out of my room.

"Michelle, wait!" I rush out of my room to follow her. She stops at the bottom of the stairs, and turns around to face me.

"Figure out what your problem is, then we'll talk." Her eyes locked with mine, filling with rage and the green tint turning darker by the second. She finally stormed out of my house, slamming the front door shut. I groan in annoyance with myself and kick the coffee table.

"Wow, that was a scene." I heard my mother's voice say, and I turn to see her leaning against the door frame.

"How do I manage to keep ruining people's lives?" I sigh and sit down on my couch, resting my face in my hands.

"You're not ruining people's lives." She said with empathy and I felt her hand rest on my back.

"Yes, I am. Mom, I got my best friend pregnant at sixteen." I state as if it was obvious, because it was.

"Bella's live is not ruined. It's just going to be different then what she expected but her life isn't ruined, it just changed." She began rubbing my back to sooth me.

"Then my girlfriend gets mad because I won't..." I cut myself off, realizing I was talking to my mother. She must've gotten the hint because she took a deep breath.

"Well, if she doesn't respect your decisions then she isn't right for you." I can't help but roll my eyes. That is something I've heard from literally every chick flick Belle ever made me watch with her.

"I just wish something good would happen."

"Well, I've got some news."

"What is it?"

"Ramona just called." I looked up my mom and furrowed my eyebrows as she beamed at me.

"Ramona calls everyday. Why is it any different today?"

"She just landed and she's on her way here."

"Wait, Ramona is coming home? Why?" I sit up straighter, excitement building up.

"I told her about Bella being pregnant and she booked the first flight here." My mom was smiling ear to ear, obviously excited to see her daughter. Ramona had gone away to college in California, so we don't see her much anymore.

"When is she supposed to be here?" Just as the words left my mouth, the doorbell rang. My mother's smile somehow got wider and her eyes sparkle.

"Right about now." She stood up and rushed towards the door. The door flew open and revealed the girl I call my sister. Her face mirrored my mother's, the same wide smile on her lips.

"Maman!" She yelled, dropping her luggage and bringing my mom into a tight hug.

"Ramona! I missed you so much." When they broke the hug, my sister's eyes landed on me. Her jet black hair had been dyed to a blonde color and she seemed to have gotten a tan. Her brown eyes sparkled when they landed on me.

"Baby Jay!" She yelled, making me sigh in annoyance. Since we're two years apart, she felt the need to give me that nickname when she was three and it just stuck. She ran over and sat next to me on the couch, wrapping me into a hug.

"Hey, Ramona." I said uncomfortably, my manhood slipping through my fingers.

"How is the teen father to be?" She joked and I shook my head, not being able to hide the slight smile on my face.

"How do you think?"

"Man, you're in a pickle, little bro. How did you screw up so badly?"

"You can thank alcohol for that. Though, I seem to have the same effect while sober." She rubbed my back soothingly like my mother had and she fake a pout.

"I'm going to go make some snacks." My mother said, before walking into the kitchen. I knew she was just trying to give us some time alone to talk, teenager to teenager, and I was grateful.

"My poor baby brother. Well, look on the bright side. You got to fuck your long-time crush." She joked.

"Yeah, and look where that got me. A baby, a girl who doesn't love me, and a girl I don't love." I sigh, leaning back against the couch.

"Wow. Well at least Bella knows how you feel about her now." I slowly turn to look at my unknowing sister with a shy smile on my face. Her posture slumps and she raises an eyebrow at me. "She doesn't know, does she?" I shake my head no and she thumps my forehead.

"Ow, what the hell Ramona?" I rub my sore skin to try to ease the pain while Ramona gives me a disappointed look.

"You manage to sleep with Bella, get her pregnant and you haven't even told you how you feel?"

"She just blamed it on the alcohol and I went along with it. She told me that we should never talk about it again, and pretend it never happened."

"Damn boy, that sucks." I chuckle at her choice of words.

"I know."