Chapter 35

James's POV

I was mid conversation with a guy from my science class when I was abruptly dragged from the hallway and into an empty classroom. It took me a second to realize my kidnapper was Megan.

"What the hell? I could get you arrested for assault." I say, brushing myself off.

"So, how was your date with Bella?" She asked, changing the subject. She took slow steps towards me, sher arms crossed over her chest and her eyebrow raised with a smirk on her face.

"It wasn't a date." I counter, leaning against a desk.

"Please, you think Bella didn't call me last night to tell me about everything?" I perked up at her words.

"Really? What did she say?" I ask curiously. Megan laughs.

"Wouldn't you like to know." I roll my eyes and lean back against the desk again. "One thing she didn't say was how you confessed to being in love with her for years. I was just wondering, was that before or after your date?"

"Neither, I didn't tell her."

"You're such a wimp." She rolls her eyes and my jaw drops, placing a hand over my heart.

"Ouch."

"Admit it, you're such a scaredy cat you can't tell her how you feel."

"It's not that easy." I mumble. She takes a couple more steps towards me so now we're inches apart.

"Yes, it is. All you have to say is 'I've been in love with you for as long as I can remember. Will you go out with me?'" We heard a shuffling coming from the door and we both look over to find nothing there. I shrug it off.

"I bet you can't do it to Logan." I smirk, crossing my arms over my chest. Logan is a football player in our school who Megan has had a crush on since middle school. I notice her clench her jaw but then a smirk played on her lips.

"You want to bet?" She asked. "If you ask out Bella before the baby is born, I'll give you $300. If I ask out Logan before the baby is born, you owe me $300. Deal?" I bit the inside of my cheek, thinking over her offer.

"Deal." I finally agree, shaking her hand.

Bella's POV

Where are they?

I look back and forth between the two ends of the hall. James and Megan were supposed to meet me before first period at my locker, but they are nowhere to be found. I close my locker, giving up hope and begin walking towards my first period. I come to an abrupt stop when I hear Megan's voice coming from an empty classroom. I peek my head inside and see James and Megan, inches apart. I didn't catch the beginning part, but I heard enough to shock me for life.

"-I've been in love with you for as long as I can remember. Will you go out with me?" I felt my heart stop in its place before it completely shattered in my chest. I quickly run down the hall before I hear anything else, my eyes stinging with tears. My throat felt like it was closing and I couldn't help the sob was escaping my lips as I rush into the girls bathroom. I wait until I locked myself in a stall to completely fall apart.

~~~

I walk into the busy classroom, people talking and hanging out before class starts. I spot James sitting in his usual seat in the back and our eyes connect. I quickly look away, avoiding his gaze and take the seat behind him.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asks, turning around to face me.

No, I just found out that you're dating my other best friend when I find myself falling for you.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lie. I was not about to let him know that I thought there could possibly be something between us other than friendship. That's just embarrassing.

"Alright, class. Take your seats." The teacher said as she walked in. Every shuffled to their seats and the room fell quiet as she began to lecture.

"Belle, are you sure you're okay?" He whispered, still turned out to look at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine-" I cut myself off as I feel a fluttering inside my stomach. It wasn't like the normal butterflies, it was more prominent on my bump.

"Belle?" James looks at me worryingly, as I place my hand on my bump.

"I think the baby just kicked." I whisper, unable to hide the smile on my face.

"Really? Where?" James asked, his own smile making an appearance. I grab my hand and guide to on my bump under the table. The same fluttering feeling appeared where his hand was and his smile somehow grew wider. "Woah." He whispered.

"Mr. Thomas, Ms. Carpenter." The teacher said making us both look over at her. "Is there something you'd like to share with the class?"

"No, Mrs. Stone." James said, turning back around to face the front.

"Well, then pay attention." Then she went back to lecturing. I kept my hand on my bump and she kept kicking. As much as I was excited to feel my baby kick, I was still heartbroken.

~~~

A.N.-

Chapter 35 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it. <3

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?