Chapter 12

"Congratulations, you're ten weeks pregnant." The bubbly doctor, Dr. Smith, tells me with a big smile. I try my hardest to mirror her smile, but it just comes out looking forced. Which it was. What I really wanted to do was lay in bed and cry for the rest of my life. "You're next appointment should be in about a month, you can schedule it at the front desk." She says, writing something on clipboard. "Have a nice day." She flashes one last smile before opening the door and walking out of the room. I stare blankly at the door, not knowing how to react. How could this be happening to me? I never once thought that I would be the girl at my school that became a teen mom.

"Are you okay?" My grandmother asks, getting my attention from my thoughts. I nodded, suddenly feeling a large lump in my throat. Tears began to form in my eyes, and soon I was sobbing. My grandmother quickly stood up from her chair and hugged me while I sat on the examination table. "It's going to be okay sweetheart." She whispers in my ear as I sobbed in her shoulder. She pat the back of my head softly, shushing me.

"I just want to go home." I stutter, taking a deep breath to calm my sobs. She pulls back and nods, smiling at me sweetly. She helps me jump off the table and we exit the room.

~~~

"What do you want to watch?" James asked as I take a seat on the sofa next to him. James insisted on coming over since Michelle was away for the weekend with her family and Megan was sick. He searches through the Netflix recommended, trying to find a good movie.

"How about Frozen?" I say, smiling hopefully at him. He gives me a disgusting look before fake vomiting on the floor. "What? Frozen is a good movie!" He begins laughing.

"That's a good one." I cross my arms over my chest, pouting like a little kid. "We're watching Spider Man." I scrunch my nose in disgust.

"Ewe, you're such a boy." He chuckles at that.

"Well I hope so, or I was being lied to my whole life." He flashes me a goofy smile. "I'm going to go make popcorn." He says before standing up and walking off into the kitchen. The thought of popcorn made my stomach do a flip. The last time I even smelled popcorn, I threw up. A couple minutes later, James walked back into the living room with a giant bowl of popcorn. The smell hit me hard, but I force myself to remain calm. "Do you want some?" I shake my head, afraid that if I open my mouth I'll vomit everywhere.

He looks at me, confused as he takes a seat on the couch.

"But you love popcorn."

"I just don't want any." He pushed the bowl of popcorn closer to me, making the smell stronger.

"I know you want-" Before he can finish his sentence, I stand up and run over to the bathroom, vomiting the little food I had today into the toilet. "Belle, are you okay?" I hear James from behind me as I stand up and wipe my face.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I hear soft footsteps coming closer to the bathroom before Abby's head peaks through the doorway.

"Are you okay, Bella? What happened?" She asks worryingly.

"I just threw up, I'm fine."

"Is the baby okay?" She asks all of a sudden. I freeze, my heart picking up speed in my chest. Uh oh.

"Baby? What baby?" James asks frantically, looking between Abby and I for an answer. I give Abby a death glare before putting on a fake smile for James.

"Don't listen to her, she ate a whole bag of candy this morning, she's delusional." I lie, fake laughing to try to cover up how much I'm panicking inside.

"The baby that's inside Bella's tummy." Abby answers James's question, before turning around and walking back up the stairs, leaving me speechless.

"What is she talking about? What's going on?" He stares at me, waiting for an answer impatiently. He looks a mixture of confused and scared shitless. There are two things I could do at this moment. One: Lie and tell him she ate pot brownies or something. Or two: tell him the truth. I was going to go with number one, but what would be the point? At some point it's going to be obvious that I'm pregnant. I can't hide it forever. And it would be alot easier if I just told him than if someone else did.

"Please don't hate me for this. I didn't mean for this to happen, I swear." I ramble, my heart beating so fast I was afraid it was going to explode.

"Belle, just tell me. I could never hate you." He tries to comfort me, but it doesn't help. There was a long silence, the only noise being my heavy breathing.

"I'm pregnant." I blurt out, squeezing my eyes shut. I was waiting for him to walk off or yell or...something. But after a couple seconds I silence, I opened my eyes to find James just standing there, staring blankly at the wall behind me. An uncomfortable silence filled the room for what seemed like hours, but it was probably just seconds.

"When were you going to tell me?" He asks all of a sudden, startling me. The way he asked me made it seem like he already knew the answer to that question.

"I didn't think you'd want to know." I whisper, refusing to make eye contact with him. I wish the ground would open up and swallow me whole.

"Of course I'd want to know. I'm not some shallow douche bag who runs from his problems. I thought you knew me better than that, Belle." His voice was soft, but filled with hurt. I can't believe I actually hurt his feelings.

"I know you're not. But this isn't something as childish as breaking a vase. I had no idea how you would react in this situation. You have to understand that." Tears began to fill my eyes as I spoke, my voice turning into a whisper. "Please don't leave me, I can't do this without you." The thought of having to go the rest of my life without James scares me more than anything. He stares at me for a few moments before taking a deep sigh. He takes a step forwards, wrapping his strong arms around around my petite body. He was much taller than me, so I rested my head on his chest.

"I'm not going anywhere, Belle." He whispered before kissing the top of my head gently. I couldn't help the sob of relief from escaping from my lips. The smell of his cologne made my heart flutter as he held me tight, as if he was afraid to let go.

"Thank you." Is all I could say.