Chapter 41

Bella's POV

"Happy one month anniversary!" James cheered from behind me, making me jump. I turn away from my locker and see him there, holding a bouquet of roses towards me.

"What?" I chuckle, one eyebrow raised.

"I know most people don't really celebrate one month into a relationship, but I think it's an accomplishment." He said with a smile. I take the roses and sniff them.

"You are too sweet." I smile.

"I was also thinking that after work, we grab some tacos and watch movies at your place tonight." He smiled, shoving his hands into his pockets. "My treat."

"You really thought about this, didn't you?" I smirk and he smiled sheepishly.

"I just wanted to make you feel special, because you are." I smiled and hugged him....well, I tried. My bump keeps getting in the way.

"Now I feel bad I didn't get you anything." I bite my lip.

"Don't be, I kind of thought of this out of the blue." He said and I smiled, my heart swelling with happiness

I put the bouquet of roses in my locker and close it just as the bell rings.

"Let's get to class before we're late." I said and took his hand in mine as we walked down the hall.

~~~

"I think since you didn't get me anything for our one month anniversary, I should pick the movie." James said as he sat on the couch next to me, taking a handful of popcorn from the bowl on my lap.

My jaw drops and I place a hand on my heart.

"You said you didn't mind!" I whine, tossing some popcorn at his face.

"No, I said it was alright. Not that I didn't mind." He said with a mischievous smirk.

"You're a dick." I whined as he searched through Netflix for a movie.

"I mean I have one-"

"Shut up." I cut him off and he smirks.

"Alright, how about we watch Scream?" I raised my eyebrows.

"You think I want to watch a horror movie on our anniversary?"

"Don't worry, I'll be here to protect you. You can jump into my arms whenever you're scared." He teased and I slapped him on the back of the head. "Ow."

"We're not watching a horror movie. How about a romantic comedy?" He rolled his eyes.

"Girls." He shook his head, earning another slap on the head. "Okay, I can call the police for domestic abuse."

"Do it." I smirk and he finds a movie we agree on.

He pressed play on The Wedding Singer and wraps his arm around me. I snuggle up close to him, laying my head on his chest with a blanket over our laps.

"Bonjour, ma famille!" Victor yelled as he entered the house, closing the front door behind him. His eyes land on us and he smiles. "Well, what is going on in here?"

"Papa, do you mind? We're trying to watch a movie. Alone." James emphasize 'alone' and eyes him.

"Alright, alright. I'm going." Victor said with a smile before walking into the kitchen.

"Finally." James whispered and looked at me with a smile. I smile back and he leans down to kiss me. I kiss back, cupping his cheeks with my hands.

"Awe." We heard from the kitchen, making us pull apart.

We look over to find Victor and Pam standing in the doorway, watching us with goofy smiles on their faces. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Do you guys mind?" James asked annoyed, making me chuckle.

"Oh, no. Not at all, continue." Pam said continuing to watch us. James narrows his eyes at them. "Oh, you want us to leave?"

"Yeah, kind of." James huffed.

"Fine, but we'll be in here if you need us." She said before winking at me and walking back into the kitchen.

"That was so embarrassing." I whisper, pressing my cold hands against my hot cheeks.

"Tell me about it, I have to live with them." James responded, making me laugh.

~~~

A.N.-

Chapter 39 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it. <3

Holy shiz guys, how does this book keep managing to get 1k more reads every chapter.

I'm on cloud nine, right now.

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?