Chapter 27

James's POV

"I'm coming." I yell to the person pounding on the door. I jog my way down my stairs and into the living room. I was wearing no shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants, since I had the house to myself. Ramona took Belle out shopping and my parents went out for lunch. I twist the nod and pull the door open to reveal someone I was not expecting. "Michelle?"

"Hi." She said, a small smile on her face.

"What are you doing here?" I ask curiously, my eyebrows furrowing together.

"Can I come in? It's cold out here." She asked shivering as a gust of wind came by. I open the door wider and she stepped inside, taking her jacket off and hanging it on the wall.

"Why are you here?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I wanted to apologize for the way I acted the other day. I should've respected your decision." She pursed her lips together, guilt flashing through her eyes.

"It's alright, really."

"Can you forgive me?" She pleaded. I looked at her in silence, thinking over my answer.

"Yeah, I guess." A smile broke out onto her face and she breathed a sigh.

"Thank you." She started. "Let's go up to your room." She said before grabbing my hand and leading me upstairs.

Does this girl not know the meaning of no?

She throws me on the bed and closes the bedroom door behind her before she began crawling on top of me. She stopped so she was sitting on my stomach, straddling me down. Her eyes darted between mine with hunger.

"Michelle, get off of me." I said in annoyance, afraid to push her off. Knowing her, she would use that against me in a courtroom. She opened her mouth to say something when her eyes landed on something beside me. Her face falls.

"What is that?" She asked as she reached for something on my bedside table.

"What is wha-" I stop talking once she shows me what it is. The ultrasound photo.

"Why do you have this? And in a frame?" She asked, turning it back around so she could see it.

"I...uh-"

"Bella Carpenter?" She shrieked, her eyes bulging out of her head. I remembered that in the corner of the photo, it had Belle's name written so they wouldn't mix up the photos. "Why do you have Bella's ultrasound photo in a frame on your bedside table?" She asked, her eyes as wide as the moon.

"Uh-"

"Oh my god." She started, blinking a few times. "You're the father of her baby. You weren't kidding." She whispered, more to herself. "What an asshole!" She screamed, throwing the photo across my room. I heard glass shatter and my heart dropped. She quickly threw herself off the bed and stomped towards the door. "You will regret ever sleeping with that whore." She said with a fiery passion burning in her eyes before she exited my room. I waited until I heard the slam of the front door to get up from my bed. The frame was broken into two pieces and the glass was shattered. The photo remained intact, but now I need a new frame. Suddenly, reality hit me.

The person Belle hated the most, now knew her biggest secret.

"Oh shit." I muttered. "I'm dead."

~~~

Bella's POV

I push open the doors and the hallway got dead quiet. All eyes were on us as we entered the building.