Chapter 13

James's POV

I felt my heart skip two beats. Maybe three. I don't know, I wasn't counting. All I knew is that Belle was pregnant. Pregnant with my baby. How did this happen again? Oh yeah, thanks to alcohol. Honestly, I don't even know why I was drinking that night. I just wanted to let loose and be a normal teenager for once. Locking myself in my room and reading a book isn't how most teenagers choose to spend their Friday nights. How did I manage to sleep with the girl of my dreams, get her pregnant, and still have her not feel the same way about me? I don't know, it must be magic. This is all so crazy. Maybe her mom was right, maybe I am a bad influence on Belle. When she said the two words no man wants to hear when their sixteen, I felt my whole world crash down around me. In my drunken state, I managed to ruin my best friend's life within twenty minutes.

"Are you alright, James?" Michelle asks, her british accent bringing me back from my thoughts. I turn my head from the movie we're watching and look at her. Her face had a worried expression on it as she waited for a response.

"Yeah...I'm good." I say blankly, still a little in my head. Her face told me she didn't believe me.

"James, you can tell me anything. You can trust me." She says

placing her hand on top of mine. Her touch made me feel uncomfortable and little irritated. I quickly move my hand away and stand up from her couch.

"I swear, I'm fine. I don't need to talk, there is nothing to talk about." I snap, picking up my keys from the side tables and heading to the from door of her house.

"Wait, James! I didn't mean to make you upset. I'm sorry." She

yelled, chasing after me. I open the front door and turn around once I'm outside, coming face to face with the girl I'm dating. The girl I'm dating, not the girl I love. Not the girl who's having my baby.

"I'm not upset. I told you, I'm fine." I leaned forward and gave her a kiss on the cheek, but her face was covered in sad and worry. "I'll see you at school." I whispered before turning around and getting in my car. I turned on my headlights so I could see into the dark night. There is only one person I want to see right now.

After throwing at least a dozen rocks, Belle finally opened her window.

"James? What the hell? I'm trying to sleep." She yell-whispered down to me in her yard.

"At ten o'clock? Really?" I chuckled.

"I'm pregnant, okay? I'm tired." She crosses her arms over her

chest, giving me an irritated look.

"Can I still come in?" I ask. She rolls her eyes, opening her window wider for me. I smile, climbing up the tree next to her window. We used to do this all the time when we were kids. Her mom didn't like when I slept over so I would sneak in through her window and her mom would never know. I jump through the window and land on the floor, right next to her bed. I smiled at Belle who sat on the edge of her bed, wearing a pink tank top and sweatpants.

"I thought you were hanging out with Michelle tonight." She said,

rubbing her eyes and yawning. I chuckled at her tiredness.

"I wanted to see you." Even though it's dark in her room, I notice a small blush creeping on her cheeks followed by a smile.

"Why is that?"

"Can't a guy see the girl who's carrying his baby who also

happens to be his best friend." I say, sitting down next to her on her bed. She chuckles softly, shaking her head.

"This is a fucked up situation, huh?" I chuckle too, nodding my head.

"You got that right." I smile, watching her as she twittles her

fingers on her lap. She does this when she's nervous.

"What are we going to do?" She finally asks, whispering softly as she lifts her head to meet my gaze. I stare into her eyes for a minute, neither of us saying anything. I finally drop my head to look at the floor, what I'm about to say making me a little nervous.

"Belle, I know this is your decision and all, but...I don't want you

to...you know...get an abortion." Silence follows my words making me lift my head to see her reaction. She's staring straight ahead, a smile on her face.

"I'm so glad you said that, Jay because I wasn't even considering it." She says before turning and looking at me. I smile back at her, relieved she said that.

"Look, I know we're only sixteen and we're nowhere near ready

for a baby," I start, grabbing her hand in mind and placing it on my lap. "But I'm going to do everything I can to make sure we will be ready. I'm going to get a job and I'm going to be here for you every step of the way, and after." I notice a few tears forming in her eyes, but the smile never fades from her lips.

"Thank you James, so much." She leans in and wraps her arms around my torso, hugging me tight. Butterflies erupt in my stomach as I hug her back.

~~~

Bella's POV

The morning light shining through my window wakes me up, making me peel my eyes open. I notice James laying next to me on my bed, his arm wrapped around me. His hand was perfectly placed on my stomach, which made me smile and sent butterflies through my body. I gently lifted his arm from my body and got up from my bed. As I went to my dresser to find something to wear, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror. My eyes almost bulged out of my head. I lifted up my my shirt and sure enough, there it was, a tiny bump right where my baby is. Where our baby is. A felt my lips turn up into a smile that I couldn't hold back.

"James! James wake the hell up!" I practically yelled, which made him jolt awake in my bed.

"What? Is there a burglar? Where's the bat?" He rambled, looking around my room in a panic. I giggled at his worry.

"No, there is no burglar. Come over here and look." I said, turning back to look in the mirror. I heard James stand up from my bed and walk next to me.

"What is it-" He cuts himself off as he finally noticed what I was talking about. His eyes landed on my stomach, which now had a small bump. "Whoa." He whispered almost as if all the wind was knocked out of him. I didn't miss the smile that was forming on his lips, though. "That's amazing."

"I know. My grandmother told me it would just be there one day when I woke up, but I didn't think she meant literally." I said, looking down at my stomach.

"Wait, Nana knows?" He asks, his eyes meeting mine is a shock. He calls my grandmother Nana like me because she's practically his grandmother too. She loves him like a grandson, and he loves her like his own grandmother.

"I didn't tell her, she kind of just found out." He nods, his eyes never leaving my stomach. I smile down at my tiny bump. This makes everything so much more real. That's my baby in there. Our baby.

"Can I...?" I look up and see James blushing slightly, which makes me smile. I take his hand and place is on top of my stomach. I notice the smile on his face grow wider, which sends butterflies throughout my body.

~~~

AWWWWWWWWWE! So cute. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Muah. <3