Chapter 43

"Alright, sleepy head. Get up." A voice said from the doorway of my bedroom. I groaned, pulling the covers over my head. "Get the hell out of bed, you lazy ass." The voice said louder, jumping onto the bed,

"Is there any reason why you're waking me up at-" I look at my phone. "-eight in the morning on a Saturday?" I mumble, rubbing my eyes.

Megan rolled her eyes and bounced on my bed, sitting on her knees.

"We're going to go shopping today." She said cheerfully.

"I'm seven months pregnant and you're going to make me walk around a mall?" She nodded.

"Now, get up and put your cute ass in a cute ass dress." She smiles and exited my room.

I groaned and stood up from my bed and made my way to my closet.

~~~

"We've been shopping for three hours, my feet are killing me and my back in aching." I breath as I sit on a bench in the mall, dropping a couple bags onto the floor.

Megan grabs her phone from her hand and types something before smiling na d putting it away.

"Alright, we can go. You're welcome, by the way." She said as I stood up and we walked towards the exit.

"I assumed we would buy some baby things, but it was mostly just clothes for you. I'm seven months and I still need more things for the baby." Megan rolled her eyes as she pushed open the doors, the February wind blowing around.

"Shut up and be grateful you got out of your house." I roll my eyes and get into Megan's car. She gets in the other side and starts the car before speeding off.

We pull up in front of my house and notice a couple cars parked out front. I shrug, they must be for the neighbors of something. I push open the front door of my house and jump back in surprise.

"SURPRISE!" I blink a couple times and look around the room. It was crowded with a couple people from school I recognized, my grandmother, and some family I haven't seen in years.

"Since I'm your female best friend, it was my job to throw you a baby shower. I thought it would be more fun if it was a surprise." Megan said from behind me.

"Holy crap." I breath and a couple people in the crowd chuckle. "Wow, thank you Megan. This is..awesome." I smile, turning around to face her.

"Anything for my best friend." I smiled and pulled her into a hug. "Alright, let's have a baby shower!"

~~~

"Bye, thank you for coming." I waved as the last person walked out of the door. I sighed in relief and sat on the couch, continuing to eat my third slice of cake.

"That was lovely." My grandmother said, taking a seat next to me. "You got a lot of things, too." I nodded.

On the other side of me at a pile of opened boxes with baby clothes, toys, and necessities I hadn't gotten yet.

"Megan is too nice for my own good." I said through a mouthful of cake. My grandmother laughed.

I turned my attention to the front door as it opened and James walked in. He scanned the room with confusion before his eyes landed on me.

"What happened in here?" He asked, stepping over the stray wrapping paper all over the floor. "Did a party bomb go off?"

"Megan threw me a baby shower." I said, putting my now empty plate on the coffee table.

"And I wasn't invited?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed together with a frown on his lips.

"Baby showers are typically for girls only." I chuckled and his eyebrows raised.

"Oh, well in that case, I hope you had fun." I chuckled.

"I did, and we got a lot of things for the baby." I said, pointing towards the mountain of gifts.

"Oh, jeez." James took a seat in between my grandmother and me, putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Alright, I'm going to go take a nap." My grandmother said, flashing me a wink before heading upstairs. I shook my head, but a smile remained on my face.

"Two more months." James whispered and kissed my forehead. "Two months until we can hold her in our arms."

I nod and smile, leaning against his chest. "I can't wait."

~~~

A.N.-

Chapter 43 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it. <3

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?