Chapter 30

Beep....beep...beep

I wake up to the sound of steady beeping and I slowly peel my eyes open. I find myself in a white room and I freak out until I saw James sitting in a chair next to me. His face was in his hands and his leg was bouncing.

"James?" I whisper, rubbing my eyes with my hand that seemed to be attached to some machine. His head shot up and a relieved smile formed on his face. His eyes were red and puffy and I felt my heart break at the sight of him.

"Belle, you're awake." He breathed, grabbing my hand and rubbing his thumb over it.

"Where am I?" I ask, puzzled. Memories from earlier hit me in the face and I quickly place my hand over my bump. "What happened to the baby?" My voice raised with fear.

"You're in the hospital, but the baby is perfectly fine. Whatever hit you missed where the baby was." He smiled at me as I let out a deep sigh of relief. I felt tears form in my eyes and I bite my lip. "Belle? What's wrong?" James asked worryingly.

"I don't know what I would've done if something happened to her, James. I was so scared to lose her." I choke as a tear slides down my cheek. James reaches over with his other hand and wipes the tear away. I turn to face him and he gives me a small smile.

"She's fine. Our baby is perfectly fine." I bite my lip and nod, sucking in a breath to ease my anxiety.

"James." He hums, our eyes never breaking their gaze. "I don't want to give her away. I want to raise her with you." Another tear slides down my cheek. A wide smile breaks out on his face and he wipes the tear away.

"I would like that very much." He whispered. I smile slightly and bite my lip, butterflies felt like they were being let loose in my stomach.

"Oh my gosh, my baby!" We both jump at the sudden sound and turn to see my grandmother standing in the doorway, a frantic look on her face. "What happened? Are you okay? Is the baby okay?" She rushed over to the opposite side of James and rubs my forehead lovingly.

"Everything is fine, nan. I'm fine and the baby is fine." I give her a weak smile, wiping my teary eyes. She let out a breath and put a hand to her heart.

"When James called me and told me what happened, I rushed over here as fast as I could." She said. "What happened?" I purse my lips.

"I was in the bathroom and then Michelle walked in-"

"Michelle did this to you?" James cut in, his voice booming through the room. His eyes were wide and they were darkening by the second.

"James, calm down." I said, reaching out and touching his hand. I saw his body relax slightly, but he still looked angry.

"I'm going to kill her." He muttered.

"Don't do something stupid, Jay. I don't need you in jail." He sighed and released his hands from fists. Our attention turns back to the door when it opens, revealing who I assume to be the doctor.

"Ah, Bella, you're awake." He said cheerily, closing the door behind him. He flips through a couple papers on his clipboard. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, I just want to go home." I yawn. He smiles and nods.

"Understandable. You can go home whenever you're ready, though I am putting you on bed rest for a week just to make sure you don't stress yourself out." I nod as he writes something down. "Alright, I hope you all have a good rest of your day." He said before exiting the room.

~~~

"James, I can do it myself." I whine, grabbing the fork from him. He rolls his eyes and sits back against the headboard. "I'm pregnant, not paralyzed."

"I just want to make sure you don't stress yourself out. It's not good for the baby."

"I don't think eating spaghetti myself is going to do too much harm." I chuckle and he rolls his eyes, though a smile remains on his face.

"What movie do you want to watch?" He asked, standing up from my bed to turn on my TV.

"Let's watch-"

"If you say Mean Girls, I'm jumping out your window." He said as serious as he could. I chuckle.

"No! Okay, fine. Let's watch For a Good Time, Call..." I smile at him, taking a bite of the spaghetti my grandmother made me. He nods and changed the TV so it's on Netflix. He finds the movie and clicks play.

"This movie is so weird." He say after a couple minutes and I laugh.

"Give it a chance."

"It's about two girls who start a phone sex hotline. Who even thought of this?"

"Don't judge, it's funny." He rolls his eyes but thankfully shuts up. I lay my head on his chest and he wraps his arm around me, letting his hand rest on my bump. I felt my eyes getting heavy with sleep, so I let myself drift away to slumber.

~~~
A.N.-

Chapter 30 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it.

Last Monday was my birthday. ;P (February 12th)

Thank you for 300 reads. <3

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?