Chapter 20

James's POV

    "Just leave me alone, James." She yelled back as she unlocked the door and slammed it shut. I let out a loud groan and kick the side of my car. Okay, bad idea. Pain shot up through my body and I winced, biting my lip to keep myself from screaming.

    Why am I such an idiot?

I knew telling Belle how I felt about her date with that loser, Kyle, was a bad idea but my dumb feelings kept her being happy. She wouldn't be happy with me while she has feelings for him. I can't get mad at her just because she doesn't like me back. All I am to her is her best friend, and now baby daddy.

    Jeez, when did my life turn to shit?

    When you slept with your best friend at that party.

I still can't believe I did that. Me, no balls James, had put myself on the line like that, knowing I was risking Belle and I's friendship. She told me that she regret what had happened, but did she really?

    Of course she did, because as a result of sleeping with me, she got pregnant.

But when we saw our baby on the monitor, everything felt...right. I reach in my pocket and pull out the picture of the ultrasound. That's my baby. Our baby, that we made together. As I watched the monitor that showed our baby, the only way I could describe how I was feeling was pure happiness. Is it dumb to be happy about having a baby at sixteen? I probably sound like a total idiot, but that was the first time I ever saw my baby. I'm having a baby with my best friend, and this picture I hold in my hand is proof of that. It's scary and exciting at the same time. Am I ready to be a father? My thoughts were cut short when I heard the sound of a car parking. I turn my head to my left and see a car parking right behind mine. Low and behold, out came Mr. Hottie, with a smug look on his face as he stared at Belle's house.

    Psh, what a poser.

    "Hey...James, right?" He asked when he finally noticed me staring. I continued to look at him, a not so subtle death glare on my face.

    "Yeah, Kyle?" I knew it was him alright, but he didn't need to know that.

    "Yeah, I heard about what your girlfriend did to Bella, that was pretty harsh." I bit the inside of my cheek, taking a deep breath. This guy has the I'm-a-really-nice-guy vibe to him and it's making me ill.

    "Yeah, she probably did it out of jealousy. Belle and I have been best friends since we were kids, we kind of have that special bond that can't be broken, you know what I mean?" I said in a nonchalant tone, leaning against my car. I was trying to make him jealous, obviously. I wanted him to feel the way I feel when I see him with Belle. The girl that I'm in love with. The girl who is having my baby. He gave me one of those you-seem-crazy looks.

    "Right...what's in your hand?" He asked curiously, taking a step closer to look at the ultrasound I'm holding. I quickly folded it up and stuffed it in my pocket.

    "Oh nothing." I realized that it was a smart idea to not tell him I'm the father of Belle's baby. That certainly isn't what she wants and pissing off a pregnant girl even more is not such a smart idea. "W-What are you uh...what are you doing here?" I stumble of my words nervously, praying to God he didn't see the ultrasound.

    "Bella and I have a date. What are you doing here?" Damn, I forgot. That was a stab in the chest.

    "Oh uh...Belle had a doctor's appointment and she needed a ride." Nice save, James, nice save.

    "You drove her to her ultrasound?" Damn it, does she tell him everything? "Why didn't her grandmother take her?" Not so nice save, James.

    "Uhh..." Okay, I was panicking now. What am I supposed to say? I'm the father of the girl you like's baby, hope that doesn't make things awkward! "Oh look, my phone is ringing!" I lied, grabbing my phone from my pocket and putting it to my ear.