Chapter 17

James's POV

I open the glass doors and walk into the school, heading towards my lockers. The hallway was louder than usual, probably some new gossip going around school. I open my locker and put my unneeded books inside before grabbing the books I actually need.

"Did you hear Bella Carpenter is pregnant?" I hear some guy say beside me as he talked to his friend. I froze.

"Yeah, I wonder who the father is." The other guy said.

"I bet she doesn't even know. What a slut." They begin chuckling, which makes my blood start to boil. Without thinking, I turn around and grab the guy by his collar.

"What did you say?" I ask impatiently, anger clear in my voice. His face turned ghost white with fright as I lifted him off the ground slightly.

"B-Bella Carpenter is pregnant?" He said, obviously full of fear.

"Where the hell did you hear that?"

"I-It's all around school, dude. Someone posted it on Facebook last night." My blood was boiling. I don't think I've ever been so mad in my life.

"Don't ever call Belle a slut again. Do you hear me?" I said in a low voice. He nodded his head vigorously before I dropped him on the floor. He lost in balance and fell right on his ass. I ignored the stares I was getting from everyone as I ran down the hallway, trying to find Belle. I searched the whole school until I finally gave up. I leaned against a random locker, trying to catch my breath. I literally ran all over the school. I search everywhere, Except...homeroom. God, I'm stupid. I start walks towards homeroom when I come to a stop.

"There you are, I've been looking for you." Michelle said in a sweet voice, making me turn around. She had a huge grin on her face as she stepped towards me. I guess no one knows I'm on the father of Belle's baby.

"Have you seen Belle?" I asked, ignoring what she said. Her smile immediately falls.

"Why do you care?" She asks annoyed, putting her hands on her hips.

"She's my best friend and she's pregnant. And to top it all off, the whole school found out thanks to some asshole online. She needs her friends."

"Just forget about her. You don't need that slut in your life, you just need me." She smiled and placed her hands on my chest. I cringe, her touch making me feel uncomfortable. I grab her hands on rip them off of me.

"She is not a slut, Michelle. And I really don't like the way you've been treating her. She's my best friend, accept that for god's sake." I spat, breathing heavily.

"Why are you so hung up on her? She's such a whore. I bet she doesn't even know who the father is." I couldn't hold myself back anymore.

"What if I'm the father?" I said rhetorically. Her face falls into a sad look mixed with anger.

"No you aren't, stop trying to save her." She said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Look, I don't have time for this." I said before turning around and walking away.

"It's either me or Bella. If you walk away, we're over." I stopped and turned around to see her face. Her eyes had tears in them, threatening to fall down her cheeks. I didn't say anything. Instead, I just kept walking.

I walk into my homeroom and scan the room, trying to find the beautiful face I fell in love with when we were children. I finally spot her the the back corner, covering her face with her hair. I quickly take the seat next to her, throwing my backpack on the floor.

"Belle? Are you okay?" I whisper, trying to get her to look at me. He turned her head towards me, her hair still covering a little bit of her face. Her eyes were red and puffy and I could tell she was crying. Seeing her like that made my heart break into a million pieces inside my chest. I quickly lean over and grab her, wrapping my arms around her She lets out a silent sob into my chest.

"Everyone knows, Jay. They all think I'm a slut." She whispered, looking up at me. Her big blue eyes staring at me with a glossy shield on them.

"It's okay, Belle. Everything will be alright." I whispered, rubbing her back gently.

"No one knows you're the father, so don't worry." She whispered quieter than before.

"I wasn't worried about that, Belle." I say softly. I could feel everyone's eyes on us as I held her close to me.

~~~

I take a seat at our usual lunch table, followed by Belle and Megan. Everyone's eyes were on Belle, watching her every move. Almost as if waiting for her to give birth or something.

Losers.

"Damn, the stares have gotten worse." Megan muttered before taking a sip of her water. Belle pushing her hair over her face, acting like a curtain so everyone on her right side couldn't see her.

"I don't think I could get used to this." Belle muttered, her cheeks blushing red.

"These people are losers who are bored with their own lives."

say before taking a bite of my salad.

"That still doesn't mean they won't stare at me. I can't stop them from doing that."

"If I catch one more person staring at you, I'll punch them in the face." Megan cut in with a mouth full of food.

"Thanks but no thanks, Megan. I'm in enough trouble as it is, I don't need another reason for my mom to yell at me."

"Speaking of your mom, when are you going to tell her?" Megan asks. I was grateful she did because I was too chicken to ask myself.

"When I'm ready."

"You will never be ready, Bella. You have to do it tonight."

"Do you want me to be with you?" I asked. She shook her head.

"It's better if you don't hear what she'll say to me. I don't want you picking her up by her collar." She smirked and I blushed slightly.

"You heard about that?" I asked sheepishly.

"Everyone heard, it was great." Megan said. From the corner of my eye, I saw someone walking towards us. The familiar aching in my chest came back, causing me to sigh.

"Bella, can I talk to you?" Kyle said nervously. Bella jumped slightly and lifted her head to see him. Her cheeks blushed red and she nods slowly, standing up and walking out of the cafeteria. I stare blankly at the door, my chest in pain.

"Hey babe." Michelle said, skipping up to me and sitting on the chair next to me. I stare at her in shock as she leans in a kisses me.

What the-

"Michelle, I thought we broke up." I said. I was so confused right now.

"I realized I was being way too over dramatic. I mean, she's just your friend. It's not like you're actually the father of her baby." She said with a smile before kissing my cheek. Before I can say anything she cuts me off. "I have to go, I'll see you after school." She then stands up and walks away. Megan looks at me with a mixture of confusion, disgust, and shock.

"You didn't tell her?"

"I did, but I guess she didn't believe me." I say, stuffing my face full on food to avoid talking further.

~~~

Vote if you liked Boy/Girl Meets World. ;P