Chapter 22

"Mommy mommy!" I turn around to see a little girl running towards me. Her long chestnut brown hair waved in the wind with a smile that could light up a whole room. She looked at me with her chocolate brown eyes, identical to James's eyes. I picked up the little girl, resting her on my hip as she wrapped her arms around my neck. "The monster is going to get me, mommy!"

"Roar!" I look over to see James running towards us, a playful smirk on his face. He began tickling the little girl in my arms, making her scream playfully. "I'm going to eat you up, little princess." The little girl screamed playfully, hiding her face in my neck for protection.

"Don't eat me! Save me mommy!" I smile at how cute she was.

"Okay, here's my game plan. We're going to run over to the jungle gym and once your inside, you'll be safe." I whisper into her ear, making her nod with a smile. "Ready? Set...go!" I yell, dropping her onto her feet and I grab her hand, running towards the jungle gym that was a few feet away from us. The little girl was screaming playfully as we ran, the smile never leaving her face. Once we reach the jungle gym, I lift her up and place her in the tower. James slows down once he reaches us, panting for air.

"Haha, now you can't get me!" She teased, sticking her tongue out at James. He smiled at her, his eyes shining with happiness.

"You win this time, princess Zara ." He smirked, his eyes lighting up even more as he looks at me. "All thanks to queen Belle." I smiled as he took my hand and pulled me closer to him, pressing his lips softly against mine. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and my skin tingle where he touched me. After all this time, he still had the same effect on me.

"Ewe, that's gross." The little girl said, making a disgusted look on her face. James and I chuckled as we pulled away, my arms wrapped around his neck and his hands resting on my waist.

"Let's go home and get ready for your party, how about that princess?" James asked. The little girl's face lit up, and her smile grew wider.

"Yay!" She cheered, jumping up and down.

"How old are you turning, baby? I keep forgetting." I play, smiling at her innocently.

"Mommy! I'm turning four, I told you this five times already."

"Right, I forgot. Forgive me, princess."

"It's okay, mommy. I still love you." She said, leaning down to hug me. I pick her up and hold her in my arms as she plants a sloppy kiss on my cheek.

"What about me? What am I, chopped liver?" James said, looking at us with fake hurt.

"I love you too, daddy!" The little girl reassured him, reaching out to be held by him. He took her in his arms and she laid her head on his shoulder.

"I love you too, princess." James whispered, rubbing her back gently.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock beeping, making me jump. I rub my head, trying to clear my mind.

    That was just a dream. But it felt so...real.

That's the last time I'm drinking a whole chocolate milkshake right before bed. I shake the dream out of my head and get up, trying to find clothes to wear. I decided on wearing a cinnamon color sweater with light washed ripped jeans and Ugg boots. The sweater was larger on me, so it hid my bump well. Although the whole school already knew I was pregnant, I still felt uncomfortable with showing my bump. I put on some lip gloss and a little mascara. I hate wearing makeup so I try to use as little as possible whenever I can. I pull my hair out of the messy bun and brush through it, leaving the natural waves in. I'm too lazy to straighten it today. I take one last look in the mirror before running downstairs.