Chapter 14

"Dirty laundry, is piling in her room." James and I sing in unison as we dance in our seats. We pull up in front of the school, taking a parking space.

"She's got her secrets, yeah I've got mine too." Is what we sang right before James shut the radio off.

"Awe, it just got to the good part." I pout like a baby, making James chuckle.

"We have to go to school or we're going to be late."

"Do we have to?" I ask hopefully, giving him my best puppy dog face.

"Unfortunately, we do. And that face isn't going to work on me." He said with a grin as he opened the driver side door. I did the same, pulling his hoodie down on my body. I had to borrow one of his sweatshirts, since it hid my bump well.

"But school sucks." I whine, the October air blowing my hair around.

"And you sw-" He starts with a smirk, but I cut him off.

"If you say that, I'll smack you."

"And you swallow." He says with a victory gin. I smack his arm as hard as I can, making him gasp.

"OW!" He yelled, grabbing his arm in pain.

"I warned you." I said with a mischievous smirk.

"How was I supposed to know you were serious?" He rubbed his arm, trying to make the pain stop. I go to say something when someone interrupts us.

"James, where have you been?" Michelle says, walking up to us. Her face is a mixture of confusion and anger. "Why did you just walk out last night?" I turn to face him, giving him a confused look. He ditched her for me?

"I had to take care of something." He said in a monotone voice, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Then why is she here?" She asks disgustingly, turning her attention to me. "Is she wearing your sweatshirt?" She asked in pure disgust.

"Oh uh...all my clothes were in the laundry so I needed something to wear. I asked James to come over last night and let me borrow one." I lie, giving her a fake smile. The last thing I want to do is ruin his relationship with Michelle, I've caused enough problems already.

"So why didn't he give you it this morning, since you drove here together." She asked impatiently, crossing her arms over her chest. Crap, I didn't think that far ahead. Time for Plan B.

"Oh would you look at the time, I have to get to class. I'll see you later." I said, looking at the invisible watch on my wrist before walking away towards the building. I know it was probably a dick move to ditch James with his bitch of a girlfriend, but what could I do?

~~~

"So, what is your plan?" Megan asked from across the lunch table.

"What do you mean?" James asks as he took a sip of his soda.

"I mean," She starts, leaning in towards us. "About the b-a-b-y." She whispers, looking around to make sure no one heard.

"Oh um, I don't know." I say.

"So are you going to give it up for adoption?" She asks.

"No." James and I both say in unison, which makes us laugh.

"I couldn't handle giving my baby to a complete stranger."

"Fair enough." She said, leaning back into her seat.

"I'm going to get a job as soon as I can." James says, which I nod to.

"So am I."

"Alright, I'm throwing my trash away. Come with me?" Megn asks me, and I nod.

"Girls. Why can't you go anywhere without each other." James chuckles, shaking his head.

"Because we come in a pack. We're like wolves. Mess with one os us, you mess with all of us." Megan says, which makes me laugh. We stand up, grabbing our trays and walking to the other side of the cafeteria. We throw our trash away and as I turn around, I come face to face with the one and only, Michelle. Before I had time to walk away, I felt a cold liquid pour on my head, sliding down my neck and onto my clothes. I gasp, the cold catching me off guard.

"Oops, I didn't see you there." Michelle said, her voice laced with humor and sarcasm.

"Dude, what's your problem?" Megan said before walking away to get me napkins.

"Michelle, what the hell?" I heard James voice say as he ran towards us. "Are you okay, Belle?" He asked with sympathy.

"Y-Yeah, I'm okay. I'm just covered in a blueberry slushie." I say, wiping the liquid from my eyes.

"Should've watched where you were going." Michelle said, a smirk on her face.

"I don't like this side of you Michelle. You shouldn't do this to people." James said as Megan came back, handing me napkins. Michelle's face sank with sorrow.

"James, I-" She starts, her voice soft with guilt.

"Don't, Michelle. Just leave me alone for a while." He says sternly, making tears form in Michelle's eyes. "Let's go to the bathroom so you can clean up." James says softly to me, to which I nod. He guides me to the doors of the cafeteria, that's when I realize that everyone was watching us that entire time. My cheeks blush as we make our way to the girls bathroom. I walk in and turn on the sink before I realize James didn't follow me inside.

"James?" I call out.

"I'm out here." I hear him reply from the hallway.

"Get in here." I say, chuckling to myself.

"But it's the girls' bathroom." He said sheepishly. I bend over and look under the stalls for feet.

"It's clear, you can come in." The door opens and James appears, a slight blush on his cheeks. I can tell he's uncomfortable being in here.

"Wow, this is much nicer than the boys' room." He says as I grab some paper towels and wet them under the warm water.

"With beauty comes pain." I all I say as I wipe my face with the wet paper towels.

"What do you mean?" He asks curiously, leaning against one of the sinks.

"Well, the girls' bathroom is much cleaner than the boy's bathroom I presume?" He nods as I glance at him. "But it's a pain to wait in those unbearably long lines." He laughs, causing butterflies to spread in my stomach. What the?

"It's because 'you come in a pack, you're like wolves.'" He said, mocking Megan. I burst out laughing to the point when tears form in my eyes. When I finally calm down, I continue wiping the slushie off my face and clean my hair. I also try to wash the stain out of the sweatshirt. "I'm really sorry she did that to you."

"Eh, it's not your fault." I say, wiping the blue stain in the white sweatshirt. "I'm sorry about your sweatshirt. I don't know if you'll want it back." I joked.

"I want you to keep it anyways. I don't wear it that often anymore, plus you need it more right now." I glanced over at him and he smiles, making the butterflies come back. Okay, you've got to stop.

"Thanks." I answer softly, my cheeks blushing slightly for some reason. We hear the bell ring, which makes us both jump.

"Oh my god, we're gonna be late. Let's go." James said, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the bathroom.

~~~

Vote if you think Michelle is a bitch.  >:)