Chapter 39

"Ewe, okay, the PDA needs to stop. My innocent little eyes can't handle this." Megan says, shielding her eyes with her hands as James pulls away from me. "Sucking face isn't that fun."

"I'm sure that when you finally come around to asking Logan out, you'll see how fun it really is." James says with a smirk. "Which reminds me, you owe me $300."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Why does she owe you $300?"

"We made a bet a couple weeks ago that if he asked you out before the baby was born, I owe him $300 and vise versa with Logan." Megan said grimly, stabbing her salad.

"Why would you ever make that bet?" I chuckle.

"How was I supposed to know James would grow a pair overnight?"

"I'm serious about $300, I need to buy diapers." James said, making me laugh.

~~~

"Truth or dare?" I ask James, turning my body to face him. We were at the park, sitting on a bench and watching the children play. It was weirdly warm, considering it was December.

"Dare." He replies with a smirk.

"I dare you to...go over to that lady over there and ask for her to help you find your pet penguin." He raises his eyebrows.

"That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard."

"Just do it, or suffer the consequences."

"And what are the consequences?"

"You can't kiss me for a week." I reply mischievously, which made him pout.

"You are an evil women." He says, putting a hand on his heart.

"Thank you, now go." I smile and push him towards a lady sitting on a different bench with a stroller.

He took a breath and stood up, walking over to the lady. I couldn't hear what he was saying, but the lady looked very confused. She shook her head and stood up, gathering her things and walking away.

"How did it go?" I ask when James sits back down.

"She thought I was crazy." I chuckle. "Okay, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Coward."

"Psycho." He rolls his eyes.

"Tell me the truth....what do you want to do later in life? I know you don't want to be a model, so what do you want to do?"

"I feel like any regular pair of friends would know this by now."

"Well, we're not just friends anymore." He said, pecking me on the lips with a smile. "And I was always too afraid to talk about the future with you because I always hoped it end up like this."

"Having a baby at sixteen?" I joke and he rolls his eyes.

"You know what I mean. Now, answer the question."

"I want to be an English teacher." I answer, making James raise his eyebrows.

"I can see that." James smiles and I roll my eyes.

"What about you? What do you want to do?"

"Is this my truth or dare?" He smirks.

"No, I just want to know." I shrug.

"Alright, I want to be a psychologist." I raise my eyebrows.

"Like a therapist?" He nods. "Really?"

"What? Am I not smart enough to be a psychologist?" He jokes and I slp his arm.

"No, I just wasn't expecting it." I smile. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Tell me the truth...why do you call me Belle?" I ask, making James take a breath. "Out of all the years I've known you, you've only called me Belle instead of Bella. Why is that?"

"You really want to know?"

"That's why I asked." He rolls his eyes and takes a breath.

"Belle, in french, means beautiful. Since you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, the name suit you." I felt my heart skip like five beats in a row and the smile on my face was uncontainable.

"Awe." Is all I could say before I kissed him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He kissed me back, placing his hands on my hips. I ran my fingers through his hair and he tightened his grip on my waist. I pulled back slightly for air. "You're too cute."

"Cute? No guy wants to be called cute." He said, our foreheads pressed together.

"Then what do you want to be called?"

"Sexy, handsome, dashing-"

"James, you are all of those things and more" I tell him honestly, and he smiles before kissing me once more.

~~~

A.N.-

Chapter 39 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it. <3

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?