Chapter 49

James's POV

"James?" I hum and look up from my phone. "Did you bring the car seat?" Belle asks, bouncing Zara in her arms.

"Yes, I did." I stand up from my chair and grab the car seat we bought last month from the floor and hand it to her.

She takes it gratefully and thanks me, placing Zara in the car seat and strapping her in.

She was wearing a pink onesie with a bunny on it along with a white blanket around her to keep her warm.

"I'm so excited to go home." Belle sighs and I placed my hands on her hips, pulling her towards me.

She giggles and wraps her arms around my neck while I kiss her forehead.

"So am I. My parents said they're coming over to see Zara." She nodded and laid her head on my chest.

The sound of Zara whining for attention pulled us apart.

"Awe, what's wrong princess?" I ask her, unstrapping her from her seat and holding her to my chest.

"Maybe she's hungry?" Belle asked confusingly, digging through the baby bag. A horrid smell passed my nose and I scrunch my face.

"No, I think she needs a diaper change." Belle chuckled and I went to hand Zara to her, but she held her hands up.

"Nope. Sooner or later you're going to have to learn to do this yourself." She said with an amused smile.

"But-"

"Nope, now lay her down." I huffed and did as I was told, laying Zara gently on the hospital bed. "Now unbutton her onesie."

I followed Belle's instructions and I managed to change her diaper without vomiting.

"There you go. That wasn't so bad, was it?" Belle chuckles and picked Zara up from the bed.

"My eyes are watering." I joke and pretend to wipe a tear. Belle rolls her eyes. "How can a baby that small make such a big mess?"

Belle placed Zara back in the car seat and strapped her in.

"Let's go check out, I just want to go home." Belle sighed, picking up the car seat and heading towards the door.

~~~

"Let me see my first grandchild!" My mother exclaimed, pushing past Belle at the front door and rushed over to me.

Zara was still in her car seat, sitting on the coffee table while I was sitting on the couch,

"Oh my god, she's beautiful." My mother said in awe, sitting next to me. My father followed behind her, leaning over to get a better look at Zara.

"Ah, yes she is belle." He said with a smile.

Belle closed the front door and sat on the other side of me.

"How are you doing, Bella?" My mother asks, finally taking her eyes off Zara.

"Good, actually. Better than I thought I would." She said with a smile.

"That's wonderful, she really is just gorgeous." Belle nodded and I smiled. "What's her name?"

"Zara Thomas." I answered and both my parents smiled.

"It is beautiful." My father said, slapping me on the back.

"We brought something for Zara." My mother said as she dug through her purse. I shoot Belle a confused look and she shrugs.

"Oh my god." My eyes widen as my mother pulls out a stuffed bear. It looked a little beaten up, and I new exactly why. "Mr. Bear?"

"Yes, I found him in the attic and thought you might wanted to give him to Zara. I know how much you loved him growing up."

"Jeez, I haven't seen that bear in years." Belle cuts in, her own eyes wide.

I carefully take the bear from my mother and smile.

"Thank you." My mother purses her lips and nodded.

"Of course, I love you." She whispered as I pulled her into a hug.

~~~

I lay Zara down in her crib, placing Mr Bear beside her along with a blanket. She was sucking on a bottle, her eyes closed with sleep.

"She's so cute." Belle says from beside me, admiring our daughter.

"I know, I can't believe she's ours." I whisper.

"I feel so lucky, even though she was created through an accident." I turn to look at Belle.

"I don't think it was an accident, I think this was the plan all along." Belle smiled slightly and nodded. I wrapped my arm around her waist and pull her towards me.

"Do you regret it?" She whispered so quietly, I barely heard it.

"Regret what?"

"Having sex during that party. Do you regret it?" I pursed my lips together and looked her straight in the eyes.

"Not at all." She smiled and I pecked her lips.

~~~
THE END

A.N.-

Wow, it's officially over. :(

Not to worry, though! There is still and epilogue coming soon. :)

And a sequel following it. ;)

Chapter 46 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it. <3

Questions:

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?