Chapter 45

James's POV

"Do you have these shoes in pink?" Some guys asks me, walking up to the front counter. He's holding a pair of black Nike sneakers and looks to be about twenty-five.

"We only have the colors seen on display, sir." I reply with a fake smile. My boss says that if I'm rude to one more customer, I'm fired. I can't help being rude if all the customers are fucking idiots.

"But there is no pink color on display." He says, furrowing his eyebrows together.

"Then we don't have the shoe color you;re looking for, I'm sorry." I reply, taking a subtle breath.

"Can't you look in the back or something?" I have to fight the urge to roll my eyes.

"The back room is not a magical teleporter that beams whatever you ask for. We do not have those shoes in the color pink. I suggest looking in the girls section, or maybe even another store." I say through my teeth, the fake smile still plastered on my face.

He blinks a couple times before slamming the shoes on the counter and walking away with a furious look on his face. I let my smile drop and I run a hand through my hair.

"Do you have pink sneakers?" A voice asks and I roll my eyes.

"No, we do not have pink sneakers!" I yell and turn to the person asking the question. I immediately shut up when I see it's Belle with an amused smile on her face.

"Whoa, I didn't mean to trigger something." She jokes and I let out a breath.

"I'm sorry, these customers are idiots." I walk around the counter and pull her into a hug and peck her lips. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to get lunch with you in the food court." She said with a smile, to which I give her my own.

"Good, I really want a burrito." I sigh and Belle laughs.

~~~

"Finally, some food." Belle says and I sit down at out table in the food court, placing the tray of food down. "You're staving me."

"I'm sorry, the line was a mile long." I counter before biting into my burrito. Bell drips her chicken nugget into some ketchup before taking a bite.

"It is a Saturday afternoon, after all. All the punk teenagers are out today." She says and I laugh. Her eyes land on something behind me and they grow wide.

"What?" I ask, turning around to see what she was looking at. Michelle and Kyle were making out at a table a couple feet away. I noticed one of Kyle's eyes open and he was looking at us.

"What the fuck?" Belle whispers and I turn back around. "Who would've thought."

"Kyle's only doing it to make you jealous." I shrug and take another bite of my burrito.

"And how would you know that?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"He's literally watching you as he makes out with her." Belle peers over my shoulder again before looking at me.

"Ewe, you're right." She sighs and takes a sip of her soda. "Well, no matter. I'm happily taken.."

"Really?" I ask with fake hurt. "Is he bigger than me?" Belle giggles but plays along.

"Well, you're tall but-"

"No, I meant the other way." Belle bursts out laughing, which makes me smile.

"Of course not." She says with a smile. I lean over the table and place a sweet kiss on her soft lips. I get a whiff of her familiar rosemary mint perfume and I felt my heart flutter.

I was totally and completely happy.

~~~

A.N.-

Chapter 44 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it. <3

Only five more chapters to go.

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?