Chapter 5 (REVISED)

Light shone in my eyes and I stirred awake. I reluctantly peeled my eyes open and scanned my room slowly. Stretching my legs, I am greeted by a firm body behind me. It took me a second to realize it's James. Memories of last night came flooding back, and I remembered that he stayed the night to make sure I felt safe. I kept thinking about what would've happened if he didn't come to rescue me. I shuddered, pushing back the thoughts. I tried to sit up, but a firm arm was wrapped around my body and was pushing me down. His body was so close to mine, I can feel the heat radiating off of him. I felt so warm and safe in his arms.

The rapid pounding in my head stirred me awake. Light shone in my face obnoxiously as I tried to peel my eyes open. I groaned, trying to sit up from the bed. I quickly realized I wasn't in my bed. I looked to my right and saw a naked James wrapped up in the covers beside me. That's when I realized I was naked as well. My eyes flew wide and I gasped. I crawled back, trying to put distance between the boy I've called my best friend my entire life and my naked body. A shriek escaped my mouth as I went tumbling over the edge of the bed.The loud thump of my body hitting the hardwood floor must've woke him up, because the next sound I heard was a deep chuckle.

"You okay down there?" He asked, chuckling under his breath, staring down at me from the bed. His dark brown hair was messy, but he honestly rocked the look. My cheeks heated and up and I grabbed his shirt from the floor and put it on. The smell of his cologne fills my nose, making me calm down a little. I stood up with weak legs.

"Oh my god, oh my god." I began to freak, looking around the room and the pile of our clothes.

I scurried around to try and pick up our clothes from off the floor before someone decided to walk in.

"Calm down, Belle." James said, running a hand through his messy hair, but he only makes it more messy looking.

"Calm down? CALM DOWN?" I picked up his clothes and threw it at him before grabbing my dress and heels. "We...last night..." My mind started to piece together what happened and I wished the ground would swallow me whole.

"Belle?" He asked with furrowed brows.

"Oh my god, oh my-" I looked at him sternly, trying to think of what to do next. "We can never speak of this again."

His face fell and he blinked at me. "Belle-"

"James, promise me we'll never talk about this. Oh my god, I just made the biggest mistake of my life. I knew going to that party was a bad idea." I began to hyperventilate. James slides his jeans on and walks around to the bed with me, pulling me into a hug. I pressed my face against his bare chest as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Don't worry, Belle. I promise I'll never talk about it again. Let's just forget it ever happened, okay?" He whispered in my ear before kissing my head.

He rubbed my back gently, soothing my racing heart. I almost didn't notice the crack in his voice.

"What time is it?" A groggy James mumbled, snapping me from my thoughts. He tightened his grip around me and pulled me towards his body, our faces inches apart.

"It's nine thirty." I giggled as he rubbed his eye with his free hand. His arm around me sent electricity through my body.

"Ugh, why so early?" James mumbles with a deep voice.

"It's not early, lazy ass. Now let me get up so I can make breakfast." He instantly retracts his arm from me, staring at me with a goofy grin.

"Are you going to make your world famous chocolate chip pancakes?" He asked hopefully, sitting up on the bed as I stood up.