Chapter 8 (REVISED)

"Are you ready for the best sleepover ever?" Megan squealed as she bursted through my bedroom door, carrying a duffle bag full of clothes. "I'm so excited to have a girls only sleepover. It's been like, forever."

She threw her bag on my floor and took a seat at the end of my bed. The sudden shake of the mattress caused my stomach to do a flip. I knew morning sickness was going to be a problem, but it wasn't even the morning anymore.

Megan gives me a concerned look. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. What do you want to do first?" Her face instantly lit up.

"Okay, so first I was thinking we should watch a movie. I really want to watch Paper Towns." She bounced on the bed, which didn't help my stomach.

"Sure, play it on Netflix." I tried my hardest to put on a fake smile as she stood up and turned on the TV in my room. She turned on Netflix through my Xbox and played the movie.

"I'll be right back." She stood up and walked downstairs. A couple minutes later she reappeared with a bowl of popcorn and placed it on the bed next to me. The smell hit me like a ton of bricks and my stomach did another flip. I stood up and ran to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet.

"Are you still sick?" Megan asked worryingly behind me.

"Yeah I'm-" I was cut off by more vomiting.

"Okay, that's it. I'm telling your grandma to take you to the doctor." She went to turn around before I stopped her.

"No! I don't need to go to the doctors." I shouted, making her freeze in place and turning around to face me.

"You've been throwing up for like a week. You need to see a doctor." She turned around again but I stopped her from moving by dragging her into my bedroom and closing the door.

My heart began to race as she stared at me expantly, waiting for me to explain myself.

"Megan," I started with a shaky voice.. How will she react? Will she even want to be my friend after I tell her? Will she be pissed that I didn't tell her sooner?

"Go on." She ushered me, obviously losing her patience. Megan has never been a patient person. She once broke her computer screen because her internet was slow.

"I'm pregnant." I blurt out, regretting it immediately.

Her eyes widened as I took a seat on my bed, Mega following my actions. Her jaw dropped open.

"Was it that guy you hooked up with at the party?" I nodded, my cheeks heating up. I felt a familiar stinging in my eyes as tears formed.

"Tell me his name, I'll beat the shit out of him."

Typical Mega. Always willing to beat someone up if they hurt me or James. I smiled at her dramatic offer.

"That won't be necessary, Meg." I whispered, looking straight ahead. I was too embarrassed to look her in the eye. "It's James." I whispered so softly, I couldn't even hear myself.

"What? You need to speak louder."

"It's James." I repeated louder.

I sensed her freeze beside me.

"WHAT?" She finally spoke up, causing me to jump. It didn't sound angry, more like confused as hell. "How? Why? Huh?" She stuttered.

"I don't even know! We were both drunk out of our minds and one thing led to another." I let out a loud sigh. "We swore to each other we'd never speak of it again, but then this happened." I gestured to my stomach dramatically. "Now I'm screwed." I flopped the rest of my body on my bed dramatically, squeezing my eyes shut. "What am I going to do?" Megan followed my actions, laying on the bed next to me. The room was silent for a while until Megan spoke up.

"Does he know?" I shook my head and she let out a sigh. "Why did you let him go on a date without telling him?"

"I have no right to ruin his life."

"But he has a right to know." Megan told me.

"I know that. I just didn't see what the point was to ruin his date."

"You have to tell him." Megan says sternly, making no room for arguments.

"But what if he leaves me? He's one of my best friends, I can't lose him." I whispered, my voice becoming small as I think about what my life would be like if James and I weren't friends.

"James won't leave you, you know better than to think that. Has James ever flaked on you before?" She asked, though it didn't sound like a question.

I sat up, now a little frustrated. How could she be so calm right now?

"This isn't something like meeting up after school or helping me with my homework. This is a freaking baby. I don't know how he'll react." I cover my face with my hands, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. "Megan, I'm so scared."

I felt a pair of warm arms wrap around me, pulling me into a side hug.

"No matter what happens Bella, I'll always be here for you." She whispered, causing a small smile to form on my lips. Her words felt true and sincere. She pulled away to look at my face with a small smile. "I'm going to be this baby's favorite aunt." And with that, I laughed.