Chapter 40

James's POV

"What is the goofy smile for?" My dad asked as he sat next to me on the couch. I didn't realize it until now, but I couldn't stop smiling.

"Do you really want to know?" I ask excitedly, turning my body to face him.

"Dis-moi juste, mon garçon." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Belle and I are officially dating." I blurt out and my father's eyes widen.

"Finalement!" He exclaimed.

"English, Victor." My mother said, walking into the living room.

"I'm sorry, mon amour. I slip into French when I am excited." She smiled at him and pecked him on the lips before sitting on his lap.

"What are we talking about?" She asked curiously.

"James and Bella are finally uh...sortir ensemble." She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me.

"Dating." Her eyes widened and her eyebrows shot up.

"Oh my god, finally!"

"That is what I said." My father said, a smile on his face.

"Congratulations!" My mother squealed like a teenager, bringing me into a hug. "We have to call Ramona." She grabs her cell phone from her pocket and types something.

"Why?"

"Ramona has been waiting her whole life for this to happen." I roll my eyes as my mom turns speaker on. It rings a couple times before she answers.

"Hey, maman." Ramona says through the phone. "What's up?"

"James just told me some exciting news."

"Omg, the baby was born?" She asked frantically.

"No, Zara isn't due for another four months." I chuckle.

"Oh, hey baby Jay." She said casually. "If the baby wasn't born yet, then what's the exciting news?"

"Belle and I started going out." It was silent on the other end for a good twenty seconds before she broke it.

"OH MY GOD, THE TIME HAS FINALLY COME!" She practically yells in my ear.

"Jeez, I didn't know you would care so much."

"ARE YOU KIDDING? I am the biggest Jelle shipper there is." She squeals.

"Jelle?"

"It's your ship name. James and Belle. There is also Bames, But I like Jelle better." I roll my eyes.

"You're insane."

"Thanks little bro, love you too." I roll my eyes.

"Love you too."

"Alright, I have to go call Bella and scream at her for not telling me. See yeah, losers."

"Bye." I chuckle before my mom hung up.

~~~

"Are you tired?" I asked into my phone after hearing Belle yawn.

"No." She says after she yawns again and I roll my eyes.

"Yes you are, go to bed." I tell her, brushing my wet hair to the side.

"You can't tell me what to do." She replied.

"You want to bet?"

"No, I don't feel like you doing a complete 360 and having to owe you $300." I chuckled.

"Good choice."

"What are you doing tomorrow?" She asked.

"I'm picking up an extra shift at the mall." I say matter of factly, putting the brush on the sink before turning the bathroom light off and walking into my room. I jump on my bed, switching ears to hold my phone.

"Why?"

"Well, we have a baby on the way and we need money."

"I could get a job-"

"We've been over this, not while you're pregnant. You're more than halfway through your pregnancy and I don't want you stressing out. After Zara is born, you can get a job."

"You're too good to me." I could hear the smile in her voice.

"Is that a bad thing? Because I could be a total dick to you, if you want." I joke, getting under the covers on my bed.

"I think I'll live with you being sweet." She said, making me smile. "Where is your job at, anyways?"

"A shoe store in the mall."

"Well, have fun with that." I heard her yawn through the phone again.

"Okay, go to sleep. I know my voice is sexy, but you need sleep." She chuckles.

"Arrogant."

"But you love it." I couldn't see it, but I knew she was rolling her eyes.

"I do." She said. "Goodnight, Jay."

"Goodnight Belle and say goodnight to Zara for me." She chuckled.

"Will do." And then she hung up.

I sighed happily and placed my phone on my nightstand table before switching off the lamp and falling into a deep sleep.

~~~

A.N.-

Chapter 40 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it. <3

Only ten more chapters to go, loves. But don't worry, I have a special surprise for all of you. ;)

Since I've been getting so many reads and lovely comments from you guys, I've decided to write a sequel.

That's right. You better hold on to your horses, shit is going down.

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?