Chapter 29

Bella's POV

"Please, just do it." I snap, biting the inside of my cheek anxiously.

"Bella, this is a big decision. Take a couple days to think over it before we do anything." My grandmother said as I sat on the couch, arms crossed over my chest.

"I've made my decision already, I'm giving the baby up for adoption." She sighed, sitting down next to me on the couch. "Now get on your computer or phone and do whatever you have to do so we can get this over with."

"Bella, think about this-"

"I don't want to think about this." I snap, standing up from the couch. "Just respect my decision and do it. This isn't your baby."

"You're right." She started, standing up from the couch as well. I walk into the kitchen and grab the jar of pickles from the fridge. "It's your baby and you said it yourself, it's very difficult to just hand your baby over to someone else." She said, following me into the kitchen. I lean against the counter, taking a pickle from the jar and taking a bite.

"Who was I kidding? I'm a teenager, I shouldn't be having a baby. I have a whole future ahead of me and I don't want to throw it all away because of this baby." She places her hands on her hips.

"What has gotten into you?" She asked disappointingly. I bite my lip and take a deep breath.

"Nothing. Nothing has gotten into me besides reality. In reality, I would never be able to take care of this baby. So I'm going to do her a favor and give her to two adults who are married and can raise her." I take another bite from the pickle to keep myself from crying as I felt my heart break inside my chest. She shakes her head.

"If you truly want to give this baby away, you have to do it all yourself. Look up websites, find couples willing to adopt, sign papers. All by yourself." She pursed her lips and began to turn around, when she stopped. "If you didn't know, James has to sign his rights away. So you can't do anything without James's permission." With that, she walked away. I bit the inside of my cheek and groan, closing the pickle jar and putting it back in the fridge.

~~~

"Belle!" I heard my name being called and my heart picked up it's speed. I tried fast walking down the hall, but it just turned into a waddle. It's been a week since my outburst with James and we haven't talked since. He's been texting and calling, and I've been ignoring them. He's tried to speak to me in the halls but I just run away. Today, though, my feet really hurt so running is out of the question. "Belle, wait!" A couple second later, a hand on my shoulder gently spins me around and I come face to face with James. He has bags under his eyes and his brown eyes are like a black color.

"What do you want, James?" I ask, refusing to make eye contact.

"I want to talk to you, Belle. We need to talk." I bite my lip and sigh. "I don't want to put the baby up for adoption."

"Well I do." I say flatly.

"No, you don't. You don't want to give her away. You want to keep her because she's our daughter. I can tell when you're lying, Belle. We've been best friends our whole lives. You love her just as much as I do, and if that's any indication, thats a hell of a lot."

"You don't know anything." I snap. "You know what, just leave me alone. Go back to your girlfriend, I'm sure you two are very happy together." I narrow my eyes before turning around and walking off.

~~~

I pump some soap into my hand and run it under the warm water, rubbing my hand together to make sure their clean before grabbing a paper towel and drying them. I run my finger through my hair to try and keep it straight, but I look like a complete mess. Sighing, I grab my backpack from the floor and make my way towards the bathroom door, but am stopped when it flings open. The devil herself appears in the doorway and I have to keep myself from rolling my eyes.

"Ewe, it's the whore, Bella." She said, her nose scrunched up in disgust.

"Ewe, it's the slut, Michelle." I retort, crossing my arms over my chest. She rolls her eyes and takes a step closer to me.

"You know, it's kind of perfect how we ran into each other like this. I've been meaning to talk to you." She mischiefly smirks and places her hands on her hips. Her british accent made her sound snooty, which only made me hate her more.

"I don't have time for your petty games, Michelle. I have a life

need to get to." I got to walk around her, but am quickly slammed against the wall. Michelle's grip on my shoulder tightens and her eyes have a fiery glint in them.

"Listen to me you little whore," Her voice was low and deadly, and I felt my heart pick up speed. "James is my boyfriend, not yours. He loves me, and not you. And in order to make sure you stay away from him, I'll get rid of the only thing that's keeping him close to you." Before I could process what she said, a sharp pain shot through my stomach and I let out a yelp. I slide down on the floor, my vision becoming blurry with tears. It took me a second to realize she has punched my bump. "Stay away from James." She spat before letting out an evil chuckle and walking out of the bathroom. Tears began streaming down my cheeks as the pain got worse. I couldn't think straight, I could only think about what happened to my baby. Without thinking properly, I grab my phone and call the first person I thought of.

"Hello?" The voice said through the phone.

"J-James?" I stutter through sobs, the pain in my stomaching becoming more prominent.

"Belle? What happened? Are you okay?" His voice became more alert.

"J-James...the baby. Something happened and I'm scared." I sob, clutching my bump.

"I'm on my way. Where are you?"

"The g-girls' bathroom by the cafeteria." I cry out, sucking in my breath as another wave of pain hits me.

"Calm down, Belle. I'm almost there." After a few moments, the door swings open to reveal a very worried James. He rushes over to my side and looks over me with fear in his eyes.

"James, I'm so scared." I cry, and I notice his jaw clench.

"It's going to be alright, Belle." He whispered softly, taking a deep breath. "Let's get you to a hospital to make sure." I nod, biting my lip to keep myself from crying more. I felt his arms slide under my knees and around my neck before I'm lifted off the ground. I lay my head against his chest and take a deep breath before everything goes black.

~~~

A.N.-

Chapter 29 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it.

I'm so excited for this story, it's like my baby.

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?