Chapter 34

"Do I look like a whale in this dress?" I ask self-consciously, looking at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a floral white dress that hugs my bump, but flows down my legs.

"Of course not. You look beautiful, as always." Megan says, spinning around in my office chair at my desk. "You're the hottest pregnant girl I've ever seen. Not lying."

I smile. "Thanks, but you really are." I sigh, going back to my closet to find a more fitting dress.

"Why are you stressing so much anyways? It's not like you've never hung out with James before." I hear Megan ask through the shuffling of clothes in my ears.

"I don't know, it feels different this time. I feel more pressured to look nice." I sigh in frustration, going back to my mirror to look at the same dress.

"He said casual, so don't show up in a prom dress." She chuckled while I roll my eyes.

"He said casual, which means something I would wear to school. Nowadays I would wear sweatpants to school, but that's not casual, it's comfy. But his casual could be my comfy, or my casual could be his comfy." I word vomit my stress before Megan cuts me off.

"Oh my god, chill." She chuckles. "You're acting like this is your first date."

"I just don't want to dress up too much, but I don't want to dress like a homeless person. You know?" I groan, flopping onto my bed in defeat.

"Alright, I might not know James as well as you do, but I know him pretty well." Megan says standing up from her chair and waking over to me. "What you're wearing is casual, and it's beautiful. Let me help with your hair."

"Help me up?" I ask embarrassingly, my back aching as I try to sit up myself. Megan chuckles while reaching her hands out to me. I grab them and she pulls me up.

"Alright, so I'm thinking some loose curls." She says as I sit at my vanity. She grabs my curling iron and takes a strain at a time. Afterwards, she gives me some eyeliner and a natural eyeshadow look before she smiles at her work. "Finished."

"What would I do without you?" I ask, standing up and hugging her, though my bump keeps a good distance between us,

"Sit in the corner of your room stressing over your clothes." She smirks and I roll my eyes just before the doorbell rings.

"He's here." I gasp, checking in the mirror one last time.

"Alright, have fun and use protection. Oh wait, a little late for that." I gasp and slap her arm.

"What a bitch."

"I try." She smirks. "Now go." She ushers me to exit my bedroom. I do as I'm told and make my way downstairs and open the front door. James stands in the doorway, wearing a light grey v-neck t-shirt and skinny jeans. His hands are shoved into his pockets awkwardly before he noticed me.

"Well, hello." He says, a smiling forming on his face. "You're looking beautiful, as always." I roll my eyes but can't help the blush creeping on my cheeks.

"Alright, let's go before my grandmother comes out to interrogate us." James chuckles as I close the front door and head towards his car.

~~~

"So, are you going to tell me where we're going?" I ask as we drive down an unfamiliar street.

"You'll figure it out when we get there."

"At least let me put on some music before I die of boredom."

"Go ahead, but no High School Musical sing alongs." He pleads and I laugh.

"Fine, I'll save your ears this once." I plug my phone into the radio and turn on a playlist I made of all my favorite bands. We sit in silence and dance in our seats for a while until I notice the car come to a stop. "Where are we?" I ask as I turn the music off.

"You'll see." He gets out of the car with a smile and I follow him. He grabs a flashlight from the backseat and turns it on, making me gasp at the sight in front of me. It was the playground we went to when we were kids. My dad used to take us here every weekend after we got some lunch. It was also the same playground from my dream.

"Oh my god. I forgot about this place." I say in shock, my jaw dropped. James chuckles as he opens the boot of his car, grabbing a picnic basket and a rose scented candle, My favorite flower. I felt my heart melting at everything he's done.

"I thought it would be fun to relive our childhood before we have to become adults for our child." He said with a smile as we walked towards the playground. He laid a blanket down on the mulch and we sat down on it. He lit the candle and set it down so we could see.

"This is...amazing. I can't believe you did this." He smiled as we took out peanut butter and jelly sandwiches from the basket, cut into triangles like my dad used to do. He also took out two bottles of chocolate milk and potato chips. "You really went all out."

"I know it's really stressful being pregnant, especially as a teenager. I wanted to do something where it kind of felt like we went back in time, to when we were carefree and innocent." I smile, my heart fluttering at his words.

"No one has ever put so much thought into something like this for me."

"Well, now someone has." He smiles and we clink our bottles of chocolate milk together and take a sip.

~~~

A.N.-

Awe, this chapter made me smile. :)

Chapter 32 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it. <3

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?