Chapter 44

"It's beautiful." I gasp, looking around the room. James finally finished putting the nursery together and it looks just like how I imagined it.

The walls are painted a light grey with little moon decor on the walls. Above the crib was a space themed mobile with stars and a moon. On the ceiling were glow in the dark stars and the curtains are a white sheer.

"Wait, there's more. I was shopping around Target when I saw this." He said, rushing over to the rocking chair in the middle of the room and grabbing a small box. He placed it on the middle of the floor and clicked a button the side. The box lit up and projected an array of stars around the room.

"Oh my god, this is perfect." I breath, pulling James into a kiss. I feel him smile against my lips and he places his hands on my waist.

"Anything for my two girls." He whispers once I pull back. He grabs his phone from his pocket. "It's already eight, I have to go." I pout.

"No! Don't go." I whine, pulling him as close to me as I can.

"I have to, my mom will kill me if I'm late."

"What if you just...sleep over?" I smile and he raises an eyebrow.

"You want me to sleepover?" He smirks and I nod, biting my lip. "And what will we be doing during this sleepover?" He asks, sliding his hands lower on my body.

"Wouldn't you like to know." I wink and walk towards the doorway before turning back to him. "Are you coming?"

He nods vigorously before fumbling for his phone and typing something on it before hitting send. He grabs my wasit and oulls me towards him before locking our lips together. I wrap my arms around his neck and leads me into my bedroom, which is the next room over.

He lays me gently on top of my bed and begins to remove his top.

~~~

I jolt awake to a sudden pain in my stomach. It felt like someone was trying rip through my skin. It was a weird pain, something I've never experienced before.

I quickly push James shoulder from beside me in bed and he stirs. I push him harder.

"James, wake up!" I whisper-yell. He groans before opening his eyes to look at me.

"Belle? What's wrong?" He asked in a sudden panic, sitting up in bed. He was shirtless, which would be very distracting if I wasn't in so much pain.

"I-I don't know." I answer honestly. Another wave of pain washes over me and I groan.

"I'll go get nan." He said before jumping out of bed and rushing down the hall. I was on the brim of tears before James and my grandmother came rushing back in.

"Alright, Bella, just calm down." My grandmother soothed, sitting next to me in bed. "Drink this." She handed me a glass of water before she grabbed a pillow from behind her and placed it under my feet.

I chug the water desperately until the glass is empty.

"Now take a few breaths." I do as I'm told and hand her the glass. Eventually, the pain subsides into nothing. "Are you feeling better?"

I nod. "What happened?" I ask fearfully.

"It's called Braxton Hicks. They're false labor pains. It's your body getting ready to give birth. You'll have a few more of these until the real thing." She told me and I took a breath of relief.

"Well how do we tell the difference?" James asks for me as he rubs a hand through his hair.

"With Braxton Hicks, the pain will go away with a glass of water and putting your feet up. Real labor pains will not." I nod. "Now, onto more important business. Why is James here, shirtless at three in the morning?" She asks, raising her eyebrow and crossing her arms over her chest.

"I..uh..." James starts, shoving his hands into his jean pockets.

"Nevermind, I don't want to know." My grandmother said, shaking her head and standing up. "Just get some sleep." She said before exiting the room.

I let out a breath as James crawled back into bed with me.

"That's a relief, I was scared shitless." James breathed and I chuckled.

"At what, me almost going in labor or my grandmother interrogating you?"

"Both." He said and I giggle, making him smile.

"Is labor really going to be like that?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"I don't know, I'm a guy." He answered.

"You're useless." I groan and lay back in bed. I felt his arms wrap around my torso, his hand resting on my bump.

"Just go to sleep and don't worry about it too much." He whispered before kissing my cheek. I do as I'm told and close my eyes, letting sleep take over.

~~~

A.N.-

Chapter 44 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it. <3

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?