Chapter 11 (REVISED)

"What the hell is the matter with you?" My mom yelled, pacing the floor in the living room.

My grandmother sat next to me on the couch, watching my mother pace dramatically. "If anyone heard about this, no one would hire you." I rolled my eyes.

"Is that all you care about? Not an 'Are you okay?'" She turned to me and scowled.

"You're the one that started the fight, Bella. You don't deserve an 'are you okay'." She shook her head in disappointment. "You're grounded for two weeks. No phone, no computer, and no friends over."

She stuck her hand out to me, waiting impatiently. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and placed it in her palm.

"I am so mad, I can't even look at you right now." I rolled my eyes again. "Do you know how many gigs you'll lose if word got out?"

"I really don't care." I mumbled under my breath.

"What did you say?" My mom yelled sternly, making me jump slightly.

"I said I'm sorry!" I yelled back.

She took a couple steps closer to me, bending over to be eye level with me. "'Sorry' doesn't pay the bills."

And with that, she stormed off into her bedroom, slamming her door closed. I let out a deep sigh, covering my face with my hands.

I just wish things would go back to normal.

I felt a warm hand on my thigh, causing me to look up. My grandmother gives me a sympathetic smile.

"What's wrong, honey?" She asked. Her voice was soft and kind. "Why are you acting out?"

"I'm not acting out." I say a little more aggressively than I wanted. I took a deep breath and lowered my voice. "I'm just stressed." My grandmother raised her eyebrow.

"Tell me what's going on, sweetheart. Whatever it is-"

"I'm pregnant." I blurted out, watching her face carefully for her reaction.

I was expecting anger, shock, disappointment. But no. In return, she gave me a smile before standing up and walking into the kitchen.

"I was wondering when you would tell me." I stood up and followed her, completely baffled.

"How did you know?" I asked, taking a seat at the island. I watched her carefully as she placed a coffee cup under our Keurig and pressed start.

"A grandmother always knows." She smiled sweetly at me, which made me feel a whole lot better.

"So you aren't mad?"

"No, of course not sweetheart. I'm a little disappointed that you'll have to grow up so fast. But a baby is a blessing." The Keurig beeped and she grabbed the cup from under the machine and took a sip. "Who's the father?"

"James."

She smiled. "I was wondering when you two would get together."

"Oh no, we're not together," I started, clasping my hands together nervously. "He has a girlfriend." She placed her coffee on the island, looking at me questioningly. "It was before they started dating." She nodded.

"Does he know?" She asked, and I shook my head. "He needs to know."

"I know. I'm just looking for the right time."

"There will never be a right time, Bella."

I took a deep breath. Deep down, I knew she was right. I was just going to keep putting it off until it was too late.

"I'm more scared of how my mom will react." I chuckled nervously.

"You know she'll love you know matter what."

"I find that hard to believe." She looked at me with sympathy, reaching across the island to grab my hands.

"No matter what, I'll be here for you." I smiled at her.

"Thank you, nana." I stood up from the bar stool and pulled her into a tight hug.

"You're pregnant?" A voice said from behind me.

I pulled away from my grandmother and turned around and saw Abby standing there, staring at me.

"Shh," I knelt down in front of her, reaching her eye level. "Mom cannot know about this, okay Abby? I'll tell her when I'm ready." She nodded.

"So I'm going to be an aunt?" She smiled widely at me, practically beaming.

I can't help but smile with her, her cute little dimples becoming visible on her cheeks.

"Yes, you are." She began jumping up and down in excitement.

"I'm gonna be an aunt! I'm gonna be an aunt!" She began chanting, but I quickly shushed her, and she zipped her mouth shut. "Right, sorry. Your secret is safe with me, Bella."